Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: vault release - 1970 show please!
Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: September 24, 2015 17:34

kleermaker
LieB
kleermaker
vudicus
It's doubtful that any 1970 shows were professionally recorded.

They may have board tapes in the archives but so far they've only released multi-track recordings.

Some time ago I heard a snippet of Sympathy FTD from the 1970 tour in very good audio quality and it was finger licking great (even though it was in mono, if I recall well).

Yeah, I dug around and found that one quite recently on some obscure boot, although I don't recall from where, and it sounded phenomenal! This SB recording of Brown Sugar from Paris '70 is wicked as well:
[www.youtube.com]

It sure is, just like the Essen BS (sorry for the fade out). But none of these two has the wonderful audio quality of that snippet of Sympathy FTD I once heard.

Imo the 1970 tour was better than the 1969 tour and it's a shame we don't have a great recording of it in the best possible audio quality.

Brown Sugar: [www.youtube.com]

And listen to this fantastic version of Love In Vain (1970 tour):

[www.youtube.com]

Brown Sugar from Paris 1970 is amazing. They were never better. No one was ever better.

I would love a legit release of a 1970 show.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: September 24, 2015 18:40

DandelionPowderman
I'm not sure kleerie. I had indeed heard this one before, but listened to it again and imo it's not up there with the Ya Yas and LYL-versions. Good one, though. Keith is a little off.

Keith makes some mistakes, but he has some fine ideas too, for example during the bit between his and Taylor's solo. What he plays there is just great imo. Him and Taylor are an unsurpassable combination.The LYL-version is unlistenable to my ears.

Date: September 24, 2015 18:50

I agree about those ideas.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: September 24, 2015 19:03

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
I'm not sure kleerie. I had indeed heard this one before, but listened to it again and imo it's not up there with the Ya Yas and LYL-versions. Good one, though. Keith is a little off.

Keith makes some mistakes, but he has some fine ideas too, for example during the bit between his and Taylor's solo. What he plays there is just great imo. Him and Taylor are an unsurpassable combination.The LYL-version is unlistenable to my ears.

This.
thumbs up I agree with you Kleermaker.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home