Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: vault release - 1970 show please!
Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: September 15, 2015 05:40

Leeds 82 will be released this November.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 15, 2015 08:27

oldschool
Would love a complete 1970 show. I have the Mayflower boot of the two Paris radio shows which are decent and remind me of the 69 tour shows.

How does this Mayflower Paris 1970 boot sound? Are the sources significant upgrades compared to older boots or just eq'ed differently?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 15, 2015 15:08

24FPS
I think Leeds 82 is more of a European interest DVD. The setlist is very similar to Hampton '81. And the performance seems fueled by cocaine, while Hampton has a loose couple of drinks feel.

It was the last gig with Ian Stewart, and the last one for a very, very long time (they wouldn't get bak on stage until '89) ...
And on top of that: one might argue that it was the very last gig of the 'old-school' Rolling Stones - (immediately) after that, there was only WW III, and then (much later the so-called 'Vegas era'.

That makes it worldwide worthwhile enough for me...

Date: September 15, 2015 15:17

...And if we're talking Vault releases (not so much 70's recordings...):
I hope to see the LA Fonda Teatre May '15 show 'asap'!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 15, 2015 15:29

24FPS
I think Leeds 82 is more of a European interest DVD. The setlist is very similar to Hampton '81. And the performance seems fueled by cocaine, while Hampton has a loose couple of drinks feel.

Can you define a non "fueled by coke" perf? After all it's the Stones we're talking about. Maybe the Jones-era shows? But after that... smiling bouncing smiley

Date: September 15, 2015 17:09

dcba
24FPS

Can you define a non "fueled by coke" perf? After all it's the Stones we're talking about. Maybe the Jones-era shows? But after that... smiling bouncing smiley

The Little Boy Blue & the Blue Boys tours were petty lame, as far as I know... smoking smiley

Posted by: abc890 ()
Date: September 21, 2015 02:24

video: [www.youtube.com]

Would some of these shots be from the Paris show? I wonder where the rest of the footage is, I'd love to see it.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 21, 2015 07:47

dcba
24FPS

I just watched the boot DVD of this show last night. They are pretty cranked up, but it could be from being on the road so long with the same setlist, plus it's the last show(?) of the tour and there's just this rush compared to Hampton. Plus it's different because they're all dressed up for cooler weather. Maybe the cold helped drive them too.

Date: September 21, 2015 13:43

24FPS
dcba
24FPS

I just watched the boot DVD of this show last night. They are pretty cranked up, but it could be from being on the road so long with the same setlist, plus it's the last show(?) of the tour and there's just this rush compared to Hampton. Plus it's different because they're all dressed up for cooler weather. Maybe the cold helped drive them too.

Do you have a bootleg dvd of the entire Leeds show?

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: September 21, 2015 20:55

Eleanor Rigby
oldschool
Would love a complete 1970 show. I have the Mayflower boot of the two Paris radio shows which are decent and remind me of the 69 tour shows.

An audio box set of the 1969 MSG shows is my holy grail with a bluray of all of the available video but I would take any 1969 show complete.

ha...same!
along with Altamont smiling smiley
we can only dream...

I'm just thinking 1970 is one of the few great years missing from the "released" catalogue.

the snippet of SFTD mentioned above is indeed tasty!

+1

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: September 21, 2015 22:38

All these snippets from Huntley Archives assume they have a lot of pro shot 1970 footage from different shows (Paris, Amsterdam). A complete audio recording with a 1970 tour documentary would be great too.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 22, 2015 13:48

Listening to Hamburg 1970 now. A show worthy of release, imo. Keith is playing better than on those 1971 releases.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-22 13:49 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 22, 2015 15:41

Sure but what do they have in the vaults?

It seems plausible they got someone to drive the mobile studio down to Paris to tape the Paris gigs but apart from these three nights?

If we follow the 1971 tour pattern we can deduct they'd choose to tape gigs from the end of the tour (when the band is hot and well-oiled). So they might have gotten Frankfurt Essen or 'Dam with the Mobile.

Mick don't make us wait till 2050 to know. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 22, 2015 15:47

The Sympathy soundboard snippet is from Paris.
If i was a betting man then they definately recorded at least one of these shows..probably all of them.
And as you mention, possibly proceeded to record the rest of the tour.
Agree Dandie..keith continues on from his great 2nd half of the US tour..

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: September 22, 2015 16:51

As long as we get some paris 76, knebworth 76, or F*KING mocambo 1977, I'm happy

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: September 22, 2015 16:56

Eleanor Rigby
If i was a betting man then they definately recorded at least one of these shows..probably all of them.

Are there 3 soundboard songs from Paris?

SFTD & LIV from 9/22?
BS from 9/23?

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: September 22, 2015 17:52

Mack Jigger
All these snippets from Huntley Archives assume they have a lot of pro shot 1970 footage from different shows (Paris, Amsterdam). A complete audio recording with a 1970 tour documentary would be great too.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

The Performance was filmed by one camera only so if there is no multi-angle of the complete concert a complete show could be pretty boring to watch, even if they have a stereo soundboard.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: September 22, 2015 20:09

smokeydusky
Eleanor Rigby

SFTD & LIV from 9/22?
BS from 9/23?

None of them sounds like soundboard recordings to me. Just bad radio broadcasting at best.

Date: September 22, 2015 20:58

kleermaker
smokeydusky
Eleanor Rigby

SFTD & LIV from 9/22?
BS from 9/23?

None of them sounds like soundboard recordings to me. Just bad radio broadcasting at best.

But the mics that broadcasted the concert might have been connected to the soundboard? winking smiley

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 22, 2015 22:13

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
smokeydusky
Eleanor Rigby

SFTD & LIV from 9/22?
BS from 9/23?

But the mics that broadcasted the concert might have been connected to the soundboard? winking smiley

Sometimes it's extremely difficult to distinguish between true soundboard and audience recordings with perfect micophone positions like broadcasters usually are allowed to set up (you know, they don't have to record from the middle of the audience with hidden mics!). I once heard a german radio recording of Dylan's Offenbach 1984 show (w/ Taylor, of course!) and could swear it was a true soundboard with an excellent mix. But it wasn't! In fact it was recorded with two professional microphones, perfectly placed in front of the PA stacks - that's what the station was allowed to do. Unfortunately, the permission to broadcast the show was cancelled by Bill Graham at the time...

Date: September 22, 2015 22:20

alimente
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
smokeydusky
Eleanor Rigby

SFTD & LIV from 9/22?
BS from 9/23?

Sometimes it's extremely difficult to distinguish between true soundboard and audience recordings with perfect micophone positions like broadcasters usually are allowed to set up (you know, they don't have to record from the middle of the audience with hidden mics!). I once heard a german radio recording of Dylan's Offenbach 1984 show (w/ Taylor, of course!) and could swear it was a true soundboard with an excellent mix. But it wasn't! In fact it was recorded with two professional microphones, perfectly placed in front of the PA stacks - that's what the station was allowed to do. Unfortunately, the permission to broadcast the show was cancelled by Bill Graham at the time...

True. And sometimes soundboard recordings are so dry that they don't sound live at all smiling smiley

Date: September 22, 2015 22:27

DandelionPowderman
alimente
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
smokeydusky
Eleanor Rigby

SFTD & LIV from 9/22?
BS from 9/23?

True. And sometimes soundboard recordings are so dry that they don't sound live at all smiling smiley

All true smiling smiley

But that snippet of SFTD from 1970 (I don't have it and would like to hear it again, so if someone could post it ...) was, albeit in mono, of very good quality, much better than any other 1970 tour recording, Paris and Essen included.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 23, 2015 02:49

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
alimente
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
smokeydusky
Eleanor Rigby

SFTD & LIV from 9/22?
BS from 9/23?

All true smiling smiley

But that snippet of SFTD from 1970 (I don't have it and would like to hear it again, so if someone could post it ...) was, albeit in mono, of very good quality, much better than any other 1970 tour recording, Paris and Essen included.

IMO, this snippet of SFTD is from the soundboard..the rest are radio broadcasts.

Date: September 23, 2015 14:11

Eleanor Rigby
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
alimente
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
smokeydusky
Eleanor Rigby

SFTD & LIV from 9/22?
BS from 9/23?

All true smiling smiley

IMO, this snippet of SFTD is from the soundboard..the rest are radio broadcasts.

True, imo.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: September 23, 2015 19:24

I did post the Sympathy snippet -- you missed it on the first page of this thread!

Date: September 23, 2015 20:30

LieB
I did post the Sympathy snippet -- you missed it on the first page of this thread!

You're right of course. Many thanks for the reminder (stupid me)!

(btw: I just saw that I had it already in mp3 without knowing it, but now in flac too smiling smiley )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-23 20:47 by kleermaker.

Date: September 23, 2015 23:51

And here it is: The complete Sympathy For The Devil from Paris 1970, Sept. 23, in the best thinkable audio quality available (hopefully not for long!):

[www.youtube.com]

Lieb, enjoy cool smiley

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: September 24, 2015 12:24

Great, that's cool, now more people can hear it!

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: September 24, 2015 16:35

Brown sugar PARIS 70 with the unstopalble M.T
video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: September 24, 2015 17:01

I'm not sure kleerie. I had indeed heard this one before, but listened to it again and imo it's not up there with the Ya Yas and LYL-versions. Good one, though. Keith is a little off.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1589
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home