Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
vault release - 1970 show please!
Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 13, 2015 14:04

Righto...tokyo 1990 "vault" release..really?

C'mon Stones - deliver something really worthy of being "from the vaults".

Gimme a COMPLETE show from 1970 !!

Thanks,
ER

Re: vault release - 1970 show please!
Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: September 13, 2015 14:14

The From The Vault series is all video's, they have included some CD's of a couple of the releases but none of them will appear as CD's only. As far as I know no complete shows were filmed in '70, anybody know of one?

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: September 13, 2015 14:47

Maybe Milan or Paris.
But I am not sure.

There is a video bootleg from Milan but it is not filmed professionally.
Some radio stations of Paris trasmitted the concert in 1970.

As I.wrote yesterday, .the show in Essen is in my opinion the best of the tour.

Date: September 13, 2015 15:46

Yep like Essen...
Isnt Brussels "from the vaults" ?

Give me Essen or one of the Paris shows then I'll be happy.
Complete CD is ok by me!

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: September 13, 2015 16:23

Eleanor Rigby
Yep like Essen...
Isnt Brussels "from the vaults" ?

Give me Essen or one of the Paris shows then I'll be happy.
Complete CD is ok by me!
The Japanese version of Marquee '71 had the 2CD Brussels included as a bonus but it was the same one as they released on Google Play a couple of years ago.

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: September 13, 2015 17:42

I wouldn't hang for any dvd release which is not from this last tour or (when are you f*king going to release this god damn concert) Knebworth 76.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 13, 2015 17:59

The question is: How many more live shows do we really need released officially?

First, the Brian Jones era, 1970, 1972,1976 and No Security 1999 need more official coverage. Then there are these "iconic shows", often with very special setlists, that cry for an official release - Altamont, Nicaraguan Earthquake Benefit, Knebworth, El Mocambo and other clubshows like Paradiso, Shepherd's Bush (to name a few). What else? Of course, tastes are different, but that's my personal wishlist. Oh, and the complete Hyde Park 1969 with this fantastic new stereo mix is also dearly missed.

For all this stuff, visuals would be nice. But if no video footage exists, I would be perfectly happy with audio only-releases.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-13 22:10 by alimente.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 13, 2015 18:13

alimente
The question is: How many more live shows do we really need released officially?

The answer is: We really need all of them.

Posted by: Tops ()
Date: September 13, 2015 19:08

1.1972-shows
2.Brian Jones 65-67 era
3.El Mocambo
4.Club shows 1995
5. 1970
6. 1997-99

In that order IMO....

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 13, 2015 20:24

HMS
alimente

The answer is: We really need all of them.

What for? Listening one time and then putting them back on the shelves? I tried to make a somewhat realistic list.

Besides live shows - the opening of the 60's studio vaults is my true object of desire nowadays.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 13, 2015 20:54

Lets have something with Brian Jones or The No Security Tour.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: September 14, 2015 11:57

I think that bands like The Stones should set up flac download libraries of all extant recordings over a certain age. It would be fairly easy to set up and manage and if they were worried about tax (a big concern for the modern day rock n roll rebel) they could give the money to chariddy mate.
Hands up who'd buy a download of Mick's 1963 Crawdaddy reel to reel tape for £5 or $5 if the money (after composer royalties are paid) was going to cancer research or mental health charities. Hell I'd buy it if it was paying for an extension for Mick's pad in Mustique.
It's about time the Decca era band were dealt with properly from an archival point of view.
I suspect that the band itself really couldn't care less about that period. It's a shame that they don't have someone working on the stuff like The Beach Boys and Bob Dylan do. This years and next years copyright buster sets are gonna be beyond amazing if previous years sets are anything to go by.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: September 14, 2015 12:33

alimente

First, the Brian Jones era, 1970, 1972,1976 and No Security 1999 need more official coverage. Then there are these "iconic shows", often with very special setlists, that cry for an official release - Altamont, Nicaraguan Earthquake Benefit, Knebworth, El Mocambo and other clubshows like Paradiso, Shepherd's Bush (to name a few). What else? Of course, tastes are different, but that's my personal wishlist. Oh, and the complete Hyde Park 1969 with this fantastic new stereo mix is also dearly missed.

For all this stuff, visuals would be nice. But if no video footage exists, I would be perfectly happy with audio only-releases.

Good summary!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 14, 2015 12:36

Tops
1.1972-shows
2.Brian Jones 65-67 era
3.El Mocambo
4.Club shows 1995
5. 1970
6. 1997-99

In that order IMO....

...Leeds 1982 should top this; a.o. for historical reasons.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: September 14, 2015 14:00

RoughJusticeOnYa
Tops
1.1972-shows
2.Brian Jones 65-67 era
3.El Mocambo
4.Club shows 1995
5. 1970
6. 1997-99

In that order IMO....

...Leeds 1982 should top this; a.o. for historical reasons.

I'm quite positive that Leeds82 will be one of the two planned Eagle Vision-releases for 2016. (The other one probably Toronto 2005).

N

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 14, 2015 15:11

I would like to see a lot of download titles. The extra special recordings would be nice in special packaging. Really like the Brussels box set, even though the watch is seemingly un-popular. Or maybe something in the direction of a Genesis style book, but more affordable. There's a lot of possibilities.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: September 14, 2015 17:13

It's doubtful that any 1970 shows were professionally recorded.

They may have board tapes in the archives but so far they've only released multi-track recordings.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: September 14, 2015 22:02

vudicus

They may have board tapes in the archives but so far they've only released multi-track recordings.

Some time ago I heard a snippet of Sympathy FTD from the 1970 tour in very good audio quality and it was finger licking great (even though it was in mono, if I recall well).

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 14, 2015 22:42

I think Leeds 82 is more of a European interest DVD. The setlist is very similar to Hampton '81. And the performance seems fueled by cocaine, while Hampton has a loose couple of drinks feel.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: September 14, 2015 22:43

kleermaker
vudicus

Some time ago I heard a snippet of Sympathy FTD from the 1970 tour in very good audio quality and it was finger licking great (even though it was in mono, if I recall well).

Essen 1970 with headphones on played loud is good enough for me, if not one of the best performances ever. I think there's a better maniacal version of ROBH from that tour though, I think it was Paris, not sure, it's not on Youtube anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-14 22:44 by LuxuryStones.

Date: September 14, 2015 22:44

Stu's last show should be interesting for most fans?

Date: September 14, 2015 23:20

DandelionPowderman

That's a bit off topic DP, Stu belonged to the Stones' DNA.

Date: September 14, 2015 23:46

LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman

That's a bit off topic DP, Stu belonged to the Stones' DNA.

A reply to 24FPS, but I'll take a 1970 show AND Leeds any day smiling smiley

Date: September 14, 2015 23:54

thumbs up

Date: September 15, 2015 00:06

kleermaker
vudicus

Yeah, I dug around and found that one quite recently on some obscure boot, although I don't recall from where, and it sounded phenomenal! This SB recording of Brown Sugar from Paris '70 is wicked as well:
[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 15, 2015 00:22

I found the Sympathy snippet again. It's from a boot called "From the Vaults" and I put it up for download here:
[lidbjork.se]

According to the Rolling Stones FAQ part 2, the snippet is from Paris 23rd September '70, the same as the Shake Your Hips bootleg (and the same as the Brown Sugar clip on youtube I linked above) but much better quality.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: September 15, 2015 00:31

LieB
kleermaker
vudicus

Yeah, I dug around and found that one quite recently on some obscure boot, although I don't recall from where, and it sounded phenomenal! This SB recording of Brown Sugar from Paris '70 is wicked as well:
[www.youtube.com]

It sure is, just like the Essen BS (sorry for the fade out). But none of these two has the wonderful audio quality of that snippet of Sympathy FTD I once heard.

Imo the 1970 tour was better than the 1969 tour and it's a shame we don't have a great recording of it in the best possible audio quality.

Brown Sugar: [www.youtube.com]

And listen to this fantastic version of Love In Vain (1970 tour):

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-15 00:35 by kleermaker.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: September 15, 2015 01:09

kleermaker
LieB
kleermaker
vudicus

[www.youtube.com]
h

I agree with you. It was a fantastic tour. The first with Bobby and Jim. I think the tour was at the same level of the 1971 one. Taylor was on fire and Jagger was Jagger.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-15 01:14 by pepganzo.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: September 15, 2015 02:40

Would love a complete 1970 show. I have the Mayflower boot of the two Paris radio shows which are decent and remind me of the 69 tour shows.

An audio box set of the 1969 MSG shows is my holy grail with a bluray of all of the available video but I would take any 1969 show complete.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-15 02:43 by oldschool.

Date: September 15, 2015 05:33

oldschool
Would love a complete 1970 show. I have the Mayflower boot of the two Paris radio shows which are decent and remind me of the 69 tour shows.

An audio box set of the 1969 MSG shows is my holy grail with a bluray of all of the available video but I would take any 1969 show complete.

ha...same!
along with Altamont smiling smiley
we can only dream...

I'm just thinking 1970 is one of the few great years missing from the "released" catalogue.

the snippet of SFTD mentioned above is indeed tasty!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home