Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: New Mick solo record?
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 5, 2015 14:39

treaclefingers
Naturalust
What would be great, imo is a Mick solo record with Keith guesting on a few songs or even producing the damn thing. I have always believed Mick has got some great songs but fails somewhat in the delivery because he may not have Keith's sensibilities when it comes to instrumentation and emotional delivery of the goods.

But even without Keith, I think a similar more rootsy, guitar based record from Mick would be welcomed here with open arms. A record with pop star guests and modern pop-like production, not so much.

I also think Mick is probably very different than Keith is his musical tastes these days, embracing new music where Keith is still stuck in the roots music that moved him back in the 60's. Looking at the music they have both listened to in the last year would tell the story.

In summary, what music moves Keith these days is more likely to move Stones fans than what moves Mick and that difference would surely be noticeable on solo records.

I think that's right to an extent. There are a fairly conservative group of stones fans that don't want to hear 'new' styles, just variations on previous styles. I remember a lot of complaints when Miss You and Emotional Rescue hit the airwaves...I think they've stood the test of time and most (but not all) stones fans accept these now.

What that generally means that Keith is more widely accepted amongst Stones fans because he generally sticks to the script. Mick tries to go off script, sometimes with marvelous results, but not always. There's the risk of looking foolish but I think it's worth it to try different things.

I liked the Superheavy album, but the vitriol it received around here was ridiculous. Hey, I find Main Offender tired and meandering, but I don't go out of my way to slag it (see what I just did there?!).

Anyway, what you say about MJ putting out a rootsy guitar based solo album is probably true...it would be welcomed with open arms. But then why not just put out a Stones album

He doesn't need to find new musicians to do that.

Agree with all above treacle thumbs up

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 5, 2015 14:42

keefriffhards
My personal view is any Mick Jagger album, has to be better than no Mick Jagger album

I would think that now Mick has learn't from his solo mistakes of the past
he would deliver a excellent album now, as he has matured, he has realised his enormous strengths within himself creatively, therefore no longer needing to follow trends and fashions musically.

Dont think so. A horrible Jagger album is worse than no album at all.

I am not sure if he no longer feels the need to follow trends and fashions. He always wants the attention of younger audiences... But if he wants to record a classic rock or blues album then he can do that easily with the Stones. Keith, get these lazy bums back in the studio again.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 5, 2015 17:53

to be honest, I love Jagger and Richards equally. They are best when together, but I still get the willies when they work solo also. Very much pumped for Crosseyed Heart. Will Crosseyed match the last 2 solo albums? I will tell you in 6 months. This stuff has to be listened to several times. again, first impressions sometimes dont hold up after repeated listenings.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: September 6, 2015 09:58

If a new Jagger album came out with some good to excellent tunes. There would be universal criticism for Mick. "How come Jagger selfishly kept his best for his solo album instead of using them on a new Stones album?"

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 7, 2015 00:54

triceratops
If a new Jagger album came out with some good to excellent tunes. There would be universal criticism for Mick. "How come Jagger selfishly kept his best for his solo album instead of using them on a new Stones album?"

That's interesting. If it's true, it would be a real double standard. I haven't heard anyone who likes the CROSSEYED HEART tracks say, "I wish he'd saved that one for The Stones!"

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 7, 2015 02:25

LongBeachArena72
triceratops

That's interesting. If it's true, it would be a real double standard. I haven't heard anyone who likes the CROSSEYED HEART tracks say, "I wish he'd saved that one for The Stones!"

keith has been working on his album for a while. "one more shot" was actually written and recorded as part of the solo album project, but he offered it to the stones. (indeed steve jordan is credited as a co-writer). so, contrary to any sort of conspiracy of keith fans LOL, he did "save that one for the stones."

there are certainly better songs that we've heard from Crosseyed Heart than OMS, whether mick was offered others but picked OMS or keith only offered OMS we will never know.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-07 02:27 by Turner68.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 7, 2015 06:27

Turner68
LongBeachArena72
triceratops

keith has been working on his album for a while. "one more shot" was actually written and recorded as part of the solo album project, but he offered it to the stones. (indeed steve jordan is credited as a co-writer). so, contrary to any sort of conspiracy of keith fans LOL, he did "save that one for the stones."

there are certainly better songs that we've heard from Crosseyed Heart than OMS, whether mick was offered others but picked OMS or keith only offered OMS we will never know.

True.

I was responding more to triceratops' observation about potential reactions to any great tracks Mick might produce on a solo record.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: September 7, 2015 08:28

skep8
"Throwaway" was easily Jagger's best solo recording (with lead guitar by JEFF BECK), and the only one that could compare to the Stones' stuff, other than his obscure b-side "I'm Ringing" (which also featured Jeff Beck on lead guitar).

Just heard 'I'm Ringing' for the first time (probably). It won't be the last time.

Date: September 7, 2015 10:20

LongBeachArena72
triceratops

That was indeed said after he unlocked Amnesia smiling smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 7, 2015 10:27

I hope for Another one together with Dave Stewart....Alfie is a great album...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 7, 2015 10:30

Come On

Oh come on Come on lol
I really hope Mick is over Dave Stewert
No offence but Mick is better than that
I would love a blues album from Mick with loads of harmonica

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-07 10:38 by keefriffhards.

Date: September 7, 2015 12:09

keefriffhards
Come On

Oh come on Come on lol

OK with Lynne or McCartney then? smiling smiley I love to hear Mick sings big hits again...

and of course with some great harmonica also...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 7, 2015 12:23

Come On
keefriffhards
Come On

Oh come on Come on lol

OK with Lynne or McCartney then? smiling smiley I love to hear Mick sings big hits again...

Yeah, a new version of Travelling Wilburys, Mick instead Roy and Paul instead of George.... that could be a monster super group....

Date: September 7, 2015 12:25

mtaylor
Come On
keefriffhards
Come On

Oh come on Come on lol

Yeah, a new version of Travelling Wilburys, Mick instead Roy and Paul instead of George.... that could be a monster super group....

Yeah, very nice...quiet obvious solution here...drinking smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: September 7, 2015 13:07

Come On
mtaylor
Come On
keefriffhards
Come On

Oh come on Come on lol

Yeah, very nice...quiet obvious solution here...drinking smiley

Happy to hear more than me enjoying the idea.... smileys with beer

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: September 7, 2015 13:24

Superheavy N.2 hahhahahahahhahahahaah

Date: September 7, 2015 13:38

wicked67
Superheavy N.2 hahhahahahahhahahahaah

Why not "SuperLight" winking smiley

Date: September 7, 2015 14:21

A team-up of Mick Jagger, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty and Paul McCartney would generate a lot of interest. The musical results would be interesting at any rate.

Jeff Lynne does not have to be a part of this team, if I had it my way.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 7, 2015 16:05

If it is like Wandering Spirit in quality, then it would be welcome ... otherwise I will pull out my garbage can ...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 7, 2015 16:10

RobertJohnson
If it is like Wandering Spirit in quality, then it would be welcome ... otherwise I will pull out my garbage can ...

why don't you put it in the trash?!

Date: September 7, 2015 18:27

treaclefingers
RobertJohnson

You are out of focus!!

Date: September 7, 2015 18:37

mtaylor
treaclefingers
RobertJohnson

You are out of focus!!

Put it in the dustbin then!

Date: September 7, 2015 18:45

Don't Tear Me Up, here guys!!

Date: September 7, 2015 18:48

There will be no solo-album until he is short of green.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: September 7, 2015 18:55

HMS
There will be no solo-album until he is short of green.

No chance of it happening then. I have been anxiously waiting for
He"s the Boss a follow up.to his first album>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-07 19:43 by desertblues68.

Date: September 7, 2015 21:21

He can still give us an anniversary deluxe package of "She´s The Boss"... (I hope Mick´s humble servants do not read this... nightmares sometimes can become reality so easily...)

Mick have you read this?

Date: September 7, 2015 21:30

HMS
He can still give us an anniversary deluxe package of "She´s The Boss"... (I hope Mick´s humble servants do not read this... nightmares sometimes can become reality so easily...)

Mick have you read this?

yes, i just told him about the boxed set and he said he'll get right on it. there will be a super deluxe signed edition with a special limited edition mick jagger bobble head doll. pre-order now!!!

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: September 7, 2015 22:54

I think Mick and Keith should do a record together -oh wait...

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: September 8, 2015 00:32

She,s the boss was a very bad album,primitive cool alsow,Wandering Spirit the best album of any stone.Jaggers last album was not good either,and none of Keith,s album are good.So let,s hope for a Stonesalbum,I really hope they will work together With this maybee last album

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1957
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home