Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Should Keith go on the Howard Stern Radio Show if asked?
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: September 3, 2015 01:14

I know lot of people dislike Stern; that's OK because lot of other people like him. I do like Howard's radio show a lot especially when he has musicians, rock and rollers as guests. Since he moved to Sirius radio, Howard is free to do what he wants. He is able to have long conservations/interviews with his guests and the results are quite good. The list of guests is impressive; Paul Mc Cartney, Neil Young, Rod Stewart and mamy more. Stern enjoys Keith's new music so that is a good start. Hopefully if Baba 'booey calls Jane Rose, she'll chill out a little and advise Keith to do it.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Re: Should Keith go on the Howard Stern Radio Show if asked?
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 3, 2015 01:20

Oh yes a Howard Stern interview was made for Keith
Better than the crap gushing creepy interviews of late with Jimmy Fallon

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 3, 2015 01:24

Great guy.........he ask the questions I love to hear............

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 3, 2015 01:25

Howard Stern Plays Keith Richards 500 Times

Howard Stern's paintings may not yet be for sale, but Keith Richards' new solo album is. And if you want to be a painter -- or just have a rocking good time -- Stern highly recommends you put on some Keef. Richards' new cut, "Substantial Damage", fits Richards' life as a creative/destructive force perfectly. And it suits Howard Stern's style too: the King of All Media has caused substantial damage (as in creative disruption) wherever he's gone -- from early days on radio to practically launching satellite radio himself.

Speaking of landscapes, Stern paints on weekends. He paints apples and flowers and stuff, sort of the visual opposite of what his radio show is. But there's a new edge in those paintings apparently, provided by Keith Richards. "I f'ing love his new song [Substantial Damage]," Stern said. "I played this song at least 500 times this weekend while I was doing my painting."

ROCKMAN

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 3, 2015 01:35

no,no and no-and this is from someone who has listened to howard almost every day for years.

howard has a great way of drawing people out and getting them to reveal things about themselves that others can't.

the problem is he's always been a rockstar wannabe himself and at some point will make a legend look stupid to cut them down to size,he's really good at it and he can't help himself.
he figures you're probably never coming back anyway so what the hell.his bottom line is making his audience laugh at all cost and your 50 years of cool is gonna get flushed down the toilet,and trust me,he will find a way.

howard fans to this day laugh at mccartney."and then i heard an owl,hoo hoo "
i dont even like the beatles and i still cringe just thinking about it.

Date: September 3, 2015 01:39

Rockman
Howard Stern Plays Keith Richards 500 Times

Howard Stern's paintings may not yet be for sale, but Keith Richards' new solo album is. And if you want to be a painter -- or just have a rocking good time -- Stern highly recommends you put on some Keef. Richards' new cut, "Substantial Damage", fits Richards' life as a creative/destructive force perfectly. And it suits Howard Stern's style too: the King of All Media has caused substantial damage (as in creative disruption) wherever he's gone -- from early days on radio to practically launching satellite radio himself.

Speaking of landscapes, Stern paints on weekends. He paints apples and flowers and stuff, sort of the visual opposite of what his radio show is. But there's a new edge in those paintings apparently, provided by Keith Richards. "I f'ing love his new song [Substantial Damage]," Stern said. "I played this song at least 500 times this weekend while I was doing my painting."

as a 25 year listener let me tell you,nothing gets past this mfker.he knows keith is out promoting a record and he's baiting his p.r. people-don't fcking do it keith.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 3, 2015 01:43

lem motlow
no,no and no-and this is from someone who has listened to howard almost every day for years.

howard has a great way of drawing people out and getting them to reveal things about themselves that others can't.

the problem is he's always been a rockstar wannabe himself and at some point will make a legend look stupid to cut them down to size,he's really good at it and he can't help himself.
he figures you're probably never coming back anyway so what the hell.his bottom line is making his audience laugh at all cost and your 50 years of cool is gonna get flushed down the toilet,and trust me,he will find a way.

howard fans to this day laugh at mccartney."and then i heard an owl,hoo hoo "
i dont even like the beatles and i still cringe just thinking about it.

Keith's still pretty sharp and witty, i cant see anyone making him look stupid to be honest. Keith would shine in this sort of interview imho
Keith's a lovable guy also and i don't think Stern would cross the line with Keith. It would be interesting to find out, so come on bring it on smiling smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 3, 2015 02:04

Keith don't do it...you'll just end up in Trouble.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 3, 2015 02:13

I agree with Lem here, Howard is playing this for PR purposes. He needs Keith a lot more than Keith needs him. I doubt Jane Rose would ever allow the interview to take place anyway. She strikes me as just the type of lady who probably can't stand Howard and his adolescent humor and methods. She's paid well to protect Keith from people like Stern. It will never happen, imo. Besides doesn't Howard's show start at like 6AM or something? I don't see Keith getting up that early for anyone. lol

That being said, I'd love to see it because it would certainly be atypical and very interesting. We would all be highly entertained I'm sure of that.

Another good Stern interview would be Mick, of course, but I doubt even Howard could break through his defenses. The fact that Howard would want to talk about all the things Mick avoids (women, drugs, Keith) would preclude any possibility.

Date: September 3, 2015 02:18

keefriffhards
Keith's still pretty sharp and witty, i cant see anyone making him look stupid to be honest. Keith would shine in this sort of interview imho
Keith's a lovable guy also and i don't think Stern would cross the line with Keith. It would be interesting to find out, so come on bring it on smiling smiley

did you just say the words- "stern wouldnt and cross the line in the same sentence"?

first you should know that howard is one of many of us who think keith totally screwed up and damaged the stones by attacking jagger in the press.
that's fine for a fan site-i say keith went to far,you say micks a douche and on and on but it's in the family,this is different.

keith will get the "wow,look at you-the great keith richards.man i cant believe you're here" treatment.

and then when you think you're dealing with a starstruck journalist and getting the starfkr treatment he'll jump your ass like a spider monkey.

after years of sitting with people honored to be in the same room with him he'll get worked and a glare,an off the cuff one liner or a well rehearsed ad-lib isn't gonna help and it isn't gonna stop the train-"we'll that's great but what i want to know"-ok."but just let me ask you again" and it will come 20 different ways 6 ways to sunday.

howard is probably still picking the remains of paul mccartney's cool of off of his boot,it's just not worth it.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 3, 2015 02:20

Stern is usually a good interviewer, I'd like to hear it. He does talk over his guests a lot though, which is irritating.

Date: September 3, 2015 02:33

lem motlow
and then when you think you're dealing with a starstruck journalist and getting the starfkr treatment he'll jump your ass like a spider monkey.

lmfao! You obviously know Stern and have a way with words, nice one!

Date: September 3, 2015 02:39

Send It To me
Stern is usually a good interviewer, I'd like to hear it. He does talk over his guests a lot though, which is irritating.

he does that because he controls the interview,if he thinks the guest is trying to lead the conversation he'll talk over them and move it somewhere else,and again,he doesnt give a shit who you are.

keith is used to-"so you guys left england for france for tax purposes,right?"

what he'll get from howard is-"your wife had cancer,how was that,dealing with it all" and then 6 more follow ups to dig into the subject from every angle so fasten your seat belts.

and it could be great,but i'd rather just let the legend stay as it is.i'm a little protective of the old bastard i guess,and luckily so is jane rose so this will never happen.

Date: September 3, 2015 02:55

I'm guessing he'd get a hold of the whole Taylor issue too, not to mention Theo and Alexandria, nothing sacred with Stern. No way would he stop with Keith saying MT was great on the last tour and he enjoyed playing with him. Perhaps Lem could entertain us with Sterns approach and probable questions concerning the Taylor issue. cool smiley

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: September 3, 2015 03:01

I would love to see Keith interviewed by Howard.
It would be a great interview but only if Keith was willing to open up and be human and not "Keith Richards". If he only gave stock answers, then it'd be a waste of time. I've been on a big Stern kick lately, listening to interviews on youtube, and the quality of the interview really depends on the interviewee. Paul Anka, for example, is a fantastic guest. Bryan Cranston's interview was great. Donovan's interview was excellent! There's so many.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-03 03:01 by Boognish.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: September 3, 2015 03:07

I hope he doesn't. Stern will push and prod and before you know a big can of whoop ass will open and Todger Gate will look like a schoolyard scrap.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 3, 2015 03:17

Furthermore- Stern always asks questions about sex. There would be nothing useful in this proposed interview from a Stones fans' standpoint.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-03 03:19 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: September 3, 2015 03:19

Howard likes to kid around but when he speaks with musicians and artists who are very talented he gives them the respect they deserve. As an interviewer Howard is a Charlie Rose with an edge; Howard makes us and his guests laugh.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: September 3, 2015 03:29

I don't think it a good idea from Keith's perspective, and I don't think Keith's style matches up well with Stern's. I don't think he likes Stern anyway.

He's much better off doing what he has been doing.

Has anyone seen the interview Hunter Thompson did with Keith?

Date: September 3, 2015 03:32

nightskyman

Yeah, I though they were both pretty wired on blow and that Hunter was awful.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 3, 2015 03:37

i've stopped being so interested in keith interviews ever since he published "life," which i highly recommend.. i mean, seriously, he put it all down into a book. hard to expect him to have much more interesting to add.

the situation is totally different with someone like mccartney or jagger who will never write books and all we have are their interviews.

i'd love it if mick did some more revealing interviews, but it's never going to happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-03 03:54 by Turner68.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: September 3, 2015 03:42

rollmops
Howard likes to kid around but when he speaks with musicians and artists who are very talented he gives them the respect they deserve. As an interviewer Howard is a Charlie Rose with an edge; Howard makes us and his guests laugh.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Exactly Keith has interviewed some of the greatest musicians of rock and was always respectful. He would give Keith a good interview and I disagree he would ask a lot of disrespectful questions. He adjusts his style based on the guest. It would be the best Keep you could want.

Date: September 3, 2015 03:44

Naturalust
nightskyman

Yeah, I though they were both pretty wired on blow and that Hunter was awful.

Hunter Thompson wrote great books. I loved is writing style and at the same time enjoying a parody chronicaling his life by the comic strip "Doonesbury."

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: September 3, 2015 04:29

hopefully , NO FRIGGIN' WAY. this is the type of personality where everything is about him. he's basically the biggest freshman dork in high school whose mouth is attached to a 50,000 watt blowtorch. he'll always have the last word, forever.

plus, how in the world is this dork a peer to keith to ask some of the questions he would ask. his only trick is putting people on the spot. asking about patti's illness would only result in a guitar upside the head.

how badly did keith truly F things up with his comment about mick in his book. just think of the idiot questions that would be asked. it would be the end of the rolling stones.

keith should only do interviews with someone who has the class to be informative and professional.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: September 3, 2015 04:45

Please don't. Stern does not deserve Keith. And what would we, the fans, get? An annoyed Keith or at best some sophomoric sex answers- things I don't want to know.
I think a librarian should interview him. smiling smiley

Date: September 3, 2015 05:03

sundevil
hopefully , NO FRIGGIN' WAY. this is the type of personality where everything is about him. he's basically the biggest freshman dork in high school whose mouth is attached to a 50,000 watt blowtorch. he'll always have the last word, forever.

plus, how in the world is this dork a peer to keith to ask some of the questions he would ask. his only trick is putting people on the spot. asking about patti's illness would only result in a guitar upside the head.

how badly did keith truly F things up with his comment about mick in his book. just think of the idiot questions that would be asked. it would be the end of the rolling stones.

keith should only do interviews with someone who has the class to be informative and professional.

If you believe that then you have no been listening to Stern since he went to satellite radio. Just curious do you have a Sirius/XM subscription?

Date: September 3, 2015 05:14

oldschool
sundevil

If you believe that then you have no been listening to Stern since he went to satellite radio. Just curious do you have a Sirius/XM subscription?

Yes Howard thankfully changes for the better when interviewing people he respects. I really enjoyed his interviews with Macca, Roger Waters and Don Felder. I can only imagine a Keith interview would be as good, but as we have said, good luck getting that one past Jane Rose.

Date: September 3, 2015 05:17

oldschool
sundevil

No offense, Sundevil nailed it.

Date: September 3, 2015 05:52

Chris Fountain
oldschool
sundevil

No offense, Sundevil nailed it.

No offense but if you believe that you have not heard his interviews with musicians like Macca, Neil Young, Steven Stills etc. He asks thoughtful respectful questions when dealing with his musical idols. So I ask you the same question. Do you have a subscription to Sirius/XM and listen to Howard every day? Because I do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-03 05:57 by oldschool.

Date: September 3, 2015 05:54

Naturalust
oldschool
sundevil

Yes Howard thankfully changes for the better when interviewing people he respects. I really enjoyed his interviews with Macca, Roger Waters and Don Felder. I can only imagine a Keith interview would be as good, but as we have said, good luck getting that one past Jane Rose.

An interview with Keef would be epic.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2433
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home