Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

20 years ago : Stones in Luxembourg
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: August 27, 2015 16:32

Their only show in this small country.
Cloudy rainy day, but a dry concert, thanks to a weather chnage in the late afternoon.

Who was there ?
I was and I am still wondering if anyone remembers the name of the 1st opening act who performed before Big Country.

Re: 20 years ago : Stones in Luxembourg
Posted by: alimente ()
Date: August 27, 2015 18:14

I was there and I'm sorry to say that it was not one of the best 1995 tour experiences. A large field outside of Luxembourg, the rain stopped in time for the show, but it was still muddy & wet... What sticks in my mind are the many fuckups by the band and missed cues by Mick - funny, but clearly not one of their better shows!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 27, 2015 18:28

I was there... Many fans coming in from nearby countries like Belgium and The Netherlands.

[www.wort.lu]

Bjornulf

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 27, 2015 18:30

Was there, but sorry forgot the first group. My funny story about this gig was I had a backstage pass given to me in Mannheim (after the gig) for Luxembourg. When I got there they didn't want to honor but ended up letting me in the VIP tent. Guess Bernard Fowler was the only guy that showed up in there but I missed it. Had a great time anyhow. The other funny thing was a comment made by a local that 90% of the crowd wasn't from Luxembourg. He was a little upset about that. Come to think of it there are a lot of foreigners that live and work there.

Date: August 27, 2015 18:38

I totally agree, I remember that Keith turned his back to Mick during a good part of the show.
It was one of the rare shows with Happy this summer

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: August 28, 2015 04:47

Doc
I totally agree, I remember that Keith turned his back to Mick during a good part of the show.
It was one of the rare shows with Happy this summer

Yep, lotsa bad vibes... But it was close to the end of the tour, and they probably had enough of each other after almost two years of touring.

Date: August 28, 2015 10:20

Still for people not used to see them much, and thus unable to notice the difference it was a great night

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: MidnightGambler ()
Date: August 28, 2015 11:16

I was there.

It was for me the last show of the European Tour, but not the best show.

I remember heavy rain before the show, so the field was muddy, totally muddy.

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: August 28, 2015 13:17

I was there front row... and that wasn't a very good spot as the stage was very very high.

I don't remember any particular highlight musically speaking.

The last show of the Voodoo Lounge tour 3 days later in Rotterdam was a much better gig !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home