Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Hells Angels Documentary on History Channel
Posted by: slakka ()
Date: October 27, 2015 21:17

If you keep your eyes on Mr Wyman at Altamont a HA member shields him from gunfire using his own body when the going gets ruff.
I'd certainly call that the club's grand shining moment and I've never seen, heard,
or read anybody crediting them for it.

Maybe swiss will pick up on it in her docco?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-27 21:25 by slakka.

Posted by: TheBadRabbit ()
Date: November 5, 2015 20:42

I don't have the book in front of me, but I think there was something in Greenfield's S.T.P. about some Angels contacting Chip Monck during the 72 tour and demanding some sort of payment they felt they were owed dating back to Altamont. There was the suggestion that if Monck didn't meet their demands, "something" might happen to derail the tour. I don't think anything ever came of it but, at the time, it was taken very seriously. Maybe someone can confirm this? (Sorry to be so vague but, like I said, I can't put my hands on the book right now.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-05 20:42 by TheBadRabbit.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 6, 2015 02:57

TheBadRabbit
I don't have the book in front of me, but I think there was something in Greenfield's S.T.P. about some Angels contacting Chip Monck during the 72 tour and demanding some sort of payment they felt they were owed dating back to Altamont. There was the suggestion that if Monck didn't meet their demands, "something" might happen to derail the tour. I don't think anything ever came of it but, at the time, it was taken very seriously. Maybe someone can confirm this? (Sorry to be so vague but, like I said, I can't put my hands on the book right now.)

I can't confirm anything about threats. I was a 17 year old kid with tickets to the final of the 4 shows at MSG. There was no internet back then so rumors were a different thing then now, but there was a vibe over the whole tour around it being the first US tour since Altamont and that the Hells Angels wanted revenge for whatever reason and that something might happen, a bombing or something like that (which did in fact happen in Montreal a few weeks before but nothing to do with the Angels).

Anyway, I can confirm that the security around MSG was such that you could not get onto the sidewalk anywhere on the large block that surrounds it, from 7th to 8th aves, from 32nd st to 34st st, without a ticket to the show. It is the only time I have seen anything like that at MSG, which is otherwise in the middle of busy city streets where anyone can walk. That security was a direct result of fear of the Angels.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-06 02:57 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: November 6, 2015 11:21

History Channel actually doing a documentary on history? Fantastic news! Usually it's all about extreme truckdrivers, people chopping wood or pawnshop owners.

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: November 6, 2015 18:46

that's funny I always laugh at that too, no history on the history channel

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home