Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Keith Tour October?
Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: September 12, 2015 02:41

Keith has to tour- keep the faith.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 12, 2015 17:09

Ah, yes, faith.

The good ol' standby of nothing concrete except imagination!

After so many years of the Stones doing absolutely nothing except spitting out official bootlegs and a couple of reissues with a little extra work done to them it really did seem like they weren't going to bother again.

Turns out that was only half wrong - they haven't bothered to record a new album. Which they really don't need to anyway.

But they did finally tour. Late August of 2007 to end of November of 2012 - that's a while. Over 5 years.

I'm guessing Keith will do some shows but it will be rather select. Maybe Los Angeles, certainly NYC. Maybe Chicago. 2 or 3 shows in each city, and not in a huge arena but probably a 5000-10,000 seater.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 12, 2015 22:19

I think if he was planing on a tour or minni tour, we would have heard rumbles
about rehearsals and dates being booked. We will probably find out, for sure, on or around his CD release date of the 18th. Certainly he will be asked that question on one of his Talk Show apearences such as the tonight show.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 12, 2015 22:46

Honestly Keith is not touring. That's it.
Why on earth do you think he has not mentioned tour dates or rehearsals.
I hope i am wrong, but i would bet my house on the fact that Keith has ducked out.
Maybe he finally got old, he does sounds tired in interviews these days.
Get some rest Keith , sit in the sun and gear up for South America for some more songs like Miss You, YCAGWYW and Doom and Gloom. wow. Not.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 12, 2015 23:24

Turner68
keefriffhards
jlowe
OK...If no live shows how about a TV special.
Something on the lines of the famous Elvis is Back 1968 one.
It could include some guest vocalists, guitarists and showcase both his own work and some old standards.
An acoustic set, some blues.
I'm sure the TV companies would be up for it.

That's what i'm hoping for thumbs up

Its better than nothing

This is what the netflix thing is?

Well, there is no doubt the "netflix thing" is a promo for the new record, but Ive taken it to be more of a documentary and look back even though we could see him playing tracks from his new album.

Another option would be a TV special on the lines of the Carl Perkins and friends show. Anyone remember that? It featured loads of guests of course...including George Harrison who was on top form.
Keith could pull it off.
One day, perhaps.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 12, 2015 23:27

jlowe
Turner68
keefriffhards
jlowe
It could include some guest vocalists, guitarists and showcase both his own work and some old standards.

Its better than nothing

Well, there is no doubt the "netflix thing" is a promo for the new record, but Ive taken it to be more of a documentary and look back even though we could see him playing tracks from his new album.

Another option would be a TV special on the lines of the Carl Perkins and friends show. Anyone remember that? It featured loads of guests of course...including George Harrison who was on top form.
Keith could pull it off.
One day, perhaps.

Perhaps, but dudes running out of time sad smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 12, 2015 23:39

keefriffhards
jlowe
Turner68
keefriffhards
jlowe

Its better than nothing

Keith could pull it off.
One day, perhaps.

Perhaps, but dudes running out of time sad smiley

Time is on Keith's side, yes it is...

smileys with beer

Keith-Solo Shows?
Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: October 1, 2015 14:56

Any news on solo show/s for Keith?

I thought we might here something by now.

Re: Keith-Solo Shows?
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 1, 2015 15:08

AP: Do you think you'd do a solo tour to support this album?

Richards: 'Given the way this one's going and given the way it was made, I'm interested in continuing the process, yeah. Sometime next year. I mean, you're rushing me. (Laughs.) But it's a good idea. I'm thinking about it now"

[m.bismarcktribune.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 1, 2015 15:17

KRiffhard
Richards: "I'm thinking about it now"

That sounds like a 'no' to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-01 18:12 by Koen.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: October 1, 2015 16:11

What does he mean by "given the way this one's going and given the way it was made, I'm interested, yeah".

A typical Keith-ism..... A lot of words that don't actually make sense. He may as well have said:

"Given the fact that the Scarf played a few riffs at Hyde Park, and I wear a scarf, and he's all over this one, I mean, yeah, I'm interested, just ask Waddy...Hutu hurrggh uuuurrghh ah ha ha shee-it"

That sounds like a "no" to me as well!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 1, 2015 17:04

He must have learned from Mick never answering a question by simply saying "yes" or "no".

A few month ago he said maybe a couple of shows after it´s release, now it´s maybe sometime next year...

...actually all of this means NEVER.

Personally I dont think Crosseyed Heart would work very well live. Unlike TIC & MO the songs are not catchy enough, I guess the sparks wouldn´t fly...

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: October 1, 2015 17:06

Keith Richards - guitar/vocals
Steve Jordan - drums
Waddy - guitar
Ivan Neville - keys/piano
Darryl Jones - bass
Jim Horn - saxophone
Sarah Dash - backing vocals/co-lead locals on Gimme Shelter, Illusion and Make No Mistake
Bernard Fowler - backing vocals

Make it happen. Winos 2.0.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 1, 2015 17:07

HMS
He must have learned from Mick never answering a question by simply saying "yes" or "no".

A few month ago he said maybe a couple of shows after it´s release, now it´s maybe sometime next year...

Personally I dont think Crosseyed Heart would work very well live. Unlike TIC & MO the songs are not catchy enough, I guess the sparks wouldn´t fly...

You're right, it's not happening at all. I was hoping at least for an SNL appearance.

The songs are plenty catchy. Are there any of us who aren't wandering around humming at least 1 song from Crosseyed Heart?

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: October 1, 2015 17:20

Can't stop playing Robbed Blind. Love it!

I was hoping for some solo shows before years end w/ some Stones shows early part of 2016.

Seems 2015 would a better time to promote is solo efforts but I am just a fan.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 1, 2015 18:06

OneHit
Steve Jordan - drums
Waddy - guitar
Darryl Jones - bass
Jim Horn - saxophone
Sarah Dash - backing vocals/co-lead locals on Gimme Shelter, Illusion and Make No Mistake

I like it...Winos 2.0 is a great band!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 1, 2015 19:34

KRiffhard
OneHit
Steve Jordan - drums
Waddy - guitar
Darryl Jones - bass
Jim Horn - saxophone

I like it...Winos 2.0 is a great band!

thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 1, 2015 22:41

Wouldn't it be 2.1 since Drayton left during the MAIN OFFENDER tour?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 2, 2015 03:02

HMS

I can't see the problem with a short mini tour, about 6-8 shows here and there with a 12 song setlist, 60 minutes set:

5 songs from CH (the more easy ones to play live as Robbed Blind, Nothing On Me, Love Overdue...)
2 songs from TIC
2 songs from MO
2 Stones' songs

That's it.

Too late now anyway.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 2, 2015 03:11

Keith can't do a tour,he is too old and not looking too good either,that is why he hasn't even done any playing in all the TV shows he has done to promote his new record,guys be happy with the Netflix Doc,and all the interviews,he needs the rest for the South American tour....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: October 2, 2015 03:47

ROPENI! Are you serious??? Too old?? Haizzz, he looks great, is playing great, and age makes no difference. Wow, rough night?

Date: October 2, 2015 03:53

Maybe he could do a solo acoustic tour - just him and an acoustic guitar.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 2, 2015 05:03

ROPENI
Keith can't do a tour,he is too old and not looking too good either,that is why he hasn't even done any playing in all the TV shows he has done to promote his new record,guys be happy with the Netflix Doc,and all the interviews,he needs the rest for the South American tour....

Sadly you're right, he can't handle a whole gig on his own, let alone a whole band or a tour.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 2, 2015 05:53

Well I thought for sure we would at least see Keith play one or two tunes
during one of the interviews. Unfortunately he must not be feeling up to it
or his confidence is not there or learning a couple new songs is just not worth the effort to him.

Date: October 2, 2015 07:52

Maybe the Scarf could help him out.

The Scarf could add his magic touch to some of the songs from the new album and the previous two:

Crosseyed Scarf

Scarfshopper

Scarf it so Hard

You Don't Scarf Me

Scarfed Blind

Scarfstantial Damage

Scarfin' too Deep

Scarfleen

Scarfs of Wonder

Scarf it When You Leave

Could have Scarfed You Up

That Scarfs a Lot

Scarfawhile

Big Enough Scarf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 2, 2015 09:25

My own opinion is that he's in his true comfort zone these days playing his traditional role as the rhythm guitarist in the greatest rock n' roll band in the world (which he still does fantastically well), and increasingly feeling more and more out of his comfort zone doing anything else that involves actual playing. Hence I'm inclined to agree with some of the comments made by other posters; that we've got Crosseyed Heart, the Netflix documentary, there have been lots of interviews and such ... but I do not think we're going to see a clutch of gigs to further promote it. I think we've had all we're going to get in that respect, the next time we see Keith on stage - it'll be in South America.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 2, 2015 09:32

georgelicks

I can't see the problem with a short mini tour, about 6-8 shows here and there with a 12 song setlist, 60 minutes set:

5 songs from CH (the more easy ones to play live as Robbed Blind, Nothing On Me, Love Overdue...)
2 songs from TIC
2 songs from MO
2 Stones' songs

That's it.

Too late now anyway.

That's 11 songs, not 12 ;-)

Rod

Posted by: glimmernanker ()
Date: October 2, 2015 19:17

Hello all and so great to be part of the IORR commmunnity. What I think is, how come Keith said in recent interviews he may tour solo "in the Fall" (which eventually gave me lots of hope!), and now in a recent AP interview, as KRiffhard said, he referred to "next year" I mean, if the Stones finally play in South America next Feb. or March, wouldn't it be strange he toured solo after that, and eventually some 7-8 months after his solo album was out? I remember he toured right after his previous solo albums.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 2, 2015 20:57

Maybe Keith thought about doing some shows and then the Stones decided to go back into the studio.

Nate

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 2, 2015 21:22

glimmernanker
wouldn't it be strange he toured solo after that, and eventually some 7-8 months after his solo album was out? I remember he toured right after his previous solo albums.

Welcome to iorr glimmernanker,

It would appear strange on the surface to tour so long after an album's release, but on the other hand The Stones haven't released an album for ten years and they're still touring. I'm not saying that Keith will tour now or later (he probably won't tour on his own is my bet), but only that the touring window doesn't seem to be constrained by release dates as much as it once appeared to be.

After all, if Keith did happen to tour 18 months from now (say, after a Latin America tour by the Stones and a break for recording a new Stones album), I think it's safe to say that folks would still go to his shows, particularly if he performed in theatres.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home