Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Keith Tour October?
Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: September 3, 2015 04:25

as you all know by now, Keith will do whatever he thinks is best and it usually is plus isn't he working on exhibitionism at the moment. haha

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: September 3, 2015 04:48

I have an idea! Pop-up concerts- he doesn't need the $$- give fans a 1/2 notice and play at a park. Um....say......Millenium Park in Chicago during my lunch!!!!

That way no repeat of Altamont- security and all.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 3, 2015 09:20

Turner68
keefriffhards
ohmercy61
Why does keith need confidence he's keith Richard'sfor Pete sakes

Well as much as i bang on about Keith's greatness, i do believe since the head fall in 2006 that Keith wobbles when he plays
It's just me i guess but i feel he almost gets there, he almost becomes Keith Richards again on stage , but not quite
The solos nearly make it, they nearly become fluid and fluent, but not just yet
I find myself feeling edgy, like he will mess up the solo, and he almost does then he brings it back, just.
Its hard for me to explain in words, but yes he lacks that bit of confidence that maybe can be cured by taking the plunge and going outside his comfort zone with the winos
Or am i asking to much from the old devil..

don't get wobbly on us Keefriffhards!!!!

Well Turner i also think its because 2 shows a week is not enough for keith to get really flowing. Too many stops and starts so Mick saves his voice
Keith used to get better and better as tours went on, but these days 2 shows a week is like going gym once a week
Its not enough to do you any good lol

Keith TOur?
Posted by: Rollingmania50 ()
Date: September 9, 2015 16:48

Hello, do you know if keith give shows to present the new work in SEP/OCT?
WANT to go to him NY or LA and I need to get organized with the times.
I thank you .
Greetings stones.
Marcelo Quatraro

Re: Keith TOur?
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 9, 2015 17:18

No news but I also would love to see!

Re: Keith TOur?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 9, 2015 17:46

Keeping hopes alive, although it seems to get dimmer as each day goes by.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: September 9, 2015 23:03

He's in NY for a few days of promotion the 17th and 18th, Last I heard. Doing the Today Show and the Tonight Show. Cause he's Keith I guess. Gotta make it a full day.

Date: September 10, 2015 00:31

Its obvious by now.
NO Keith Solo Shows
Gutted sad smiley

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: September 10, 2015 00:51

Keith cannot front a band for a full length show. Love the man, but he's barely keeping up during the Stones concerts. I witnessed it firsthand in Columbus. I'm a huge Stones fan, and I've always been "Team Keith" for many years. But the guy is just too inconsistent these days. Yes, he made a good solo album, but in the studio you can touch things up as much as you want to make it sound good. Live concerts are completely different.

Date: September 10, 2015 01:00

podiumboy
Keith cannot front a band for a full length show. Love the man, but he's barely keeping up during the Stones concerts. I witnessed it firsthand in Columbus. I'm a huge Stones fan, and I've always been "Team Keith" for many years. But the guy is just too inconsistent these days. Yes, he made a good solo album, but in the studio you can touch things up as much as you want to make it sound good. Live concerts are completely different.

I just think he is too lazy at the end of the day

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: September 10, 2015 05:50

keefriffhards
podiumboy

He's about to be 72...Let it go.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: September 10, 2015 05:54

BILLPERKS
keefriffhards
podiumboy

Really 72. And people are complaining. That's almost comical.

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: September 10, 2015 06:50

I'm not complaining at all. I never expected Keith or the Stones to still be touring into their 70s. At this point I'm just thankful for anything and everything we get. I was simply stating the fact that Keith is probably NOT up to the challenge of fronting a band at this age and ability. He's still got some chops, as he proved again this past summer when I saw him.

In the Stones, they've created a situation where they can basically work with Keith's playing if he's on point, but if he messes up the rest of the band doesn't fall apart. It's not fair to call Keith lazy. A lazy person wouldn't still be creating a solo album at age 71, nor would he be playing concerts all over the world at this point in the game.

Date: September 10, 2015 06:54

keefriffhards
podiumboy

lazy? lol.

Date: September 10, 2015 09:25

mpj200
BILLPERKS
keefriffhards
podiumboy

Really 72. And people are complaining. That's almost comical.

Well he is about to tour South America next year with the Stones, in all that heat and 72 don't come into it.
So i think he can do a few shows or something to showcase the new album
He just cant be bothered, so kind of lazy, yeah i stand by that.
What i also stand by is Keith IS up to doing live shows physically, a few of you on here keep banging on that he is not up to it. Wrong..He is very fit for his age..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-10 09:45 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 10, 2015 11:14

On top of having to carry a whole (mini) tour on his shoulders (for which he will certainly lose money) he would have to sing and play the guitar continuously for 100+ minutes.

That's the main problem imo. That must be so tiring he won't do it.

Date: September 10, 2015 13:03

My life would be complete if he just did one show and recorded it for DVD release
Fingers crossed he offers something more than talking about lemons on the Jimmy Fallon show

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 10, 2015 13:21

DVD would be nice, but when he doesnt feel like touring, I am afraid he is not going to rehearse the new stuff plus a few gems from TIC & MO for just one gig. I guess the weight of playing and singing and being frontman for at least 90 minutes is too heavy on his 72year-old shoulders. Compared to that playing with the Stones is much easier.

Date: September 10, 2015 16:17

HMS
DVD would be nice, but when he doesnt feel like touring, I am afraid he is not going to rehearse the new stuff plus a few gems from TIC & MO for just one gig. I guess the weight of playing and singing and being frontman for at least 90 minutes is too heavy on his 72year-old shoulders. Compared to that playing with the Stones is much easier.

I guess you are right
It is so easy for him to tour with the Stones. Everything is done for him, he just turns up and plays the same songs he has done for god knows how long
I am personally disappointed that he has made such an incredible effort to make what seems so far to be a great album, but is failing to rock it out to the people.
It just pisses me off the great man cant play some of it live for his incredible fans.
And believe me Keith has some adoring fans.
He just might have the most loyal dedicated fans in the world if this place is anything to go by.
Hell look at how many discussions and conversations about Keith go on here every day.
No other Stone gets this sort of attention.
I wonder if Keith is aware lol

Keith Solo shows ? Is it a case of he can't tour or he won't tour
Date: September 10, 2015 09:40

I think he has chosen not to do live shows with the wino's because he does not want to.
I don't think its because he physically can't do them as many have stated

Chuck Berry's still doing it, and he is 89 next month

Your views please

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-10 12:57 by keefriffhards.

Re: Keith Solo shows ? Is it a case of he can't tour or he won't tour
Date: September 10, 2015 09:54

keefriffhards
I think he has chosen not to do live shows with the wino's because he does not want to.

Your views please

he's clearly putting the stones first and trying to work around them.
i would wait until the 18th before jumping to any conclusions.
obviously he's physically up to it - he's been on the road with the stones doing 20-song sets!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 10, 2015 15:16

keefriffhards

Your views please
Did Chuck Berry abuse his body with alcohol, cocaine and heroin for over 30 years?

People age differently as it is, especially when you factor lifestyle in.

Date: September 10, 2015 15:53

keefriff99
keefriffhards

Your views please
Did Chuck Berry abuse his body with alcohol, cocaine and heroin for over 30 years?

People age differently as it is, especially when you factor lifestyle in.

Sorry but what i witnessed on the last Stones tour was a very fit old man
Keith was running and giving it all the moves without even getting tired at the end
You try running and performing for 2 hours with a plank around your waist under the hot stage lights without even getting a sweat on. The man is fit.
He even played 3 songs when Mick was struggling with his throat infection.
Keith said in a recent interview he gets through the show a lot easier now than when he was younger. He has learned to pace himself.
It don't matter what he has ingested in the past, he is Keef, he defies all the rules and so does Rockin Ronnie.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: September 10, 2015 16:37

Ditto regarding Keith's fitness and abilities...he's proven it on the latest Stone's tours.

He still may do a few shows. Gotta wait and see, see how everything pans out.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 10, 2015 16:49

his team's gearing up for a few shows, most likely..

not sure who the team is though..cool smiley

maybe get Darryl on bass..?

I hope he does a few shows with Norah Jones

they duet well together.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: September 10, 2015 21:28

Who says he would have to make a Show 100plus minutes. He could do something small and easy. But he has to want it.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 10, 2015 22:09

Once and for all: There will be NO gigs to promote the album. Face it.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 12, 2015 01:17

OK...If no live shows how about a TV special.
Something on the lines of the famous Elvis is Back 1968 one.
It could include some guest vocalists, guitarists and showcase both his own work and some old standards.
An acoustic set, some blues.
I'm sure the TV companies would be up for it.

Date: September 12, 2015 02:02

jlowe
It could include some guest vocalists, guitarists and showcase both his own work and some old standards.

That's what i'm hoping for thumbs up

Its better than nothing

Date: September 12, 2015 02:07

keefriffhards
jlowe

That's what i'm hoping for thumbs up

Its better than nothing

This is what the netflix thing is?

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2140
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home