Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: So no tour dates for Keith this fall?
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 2, 2015 16:53

Better start saving then, mate. thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 2, 2015 17:02

HMS
corriecas
Koen
Of course Jeroen. I also bet he will be playing in the Ziggodome. smoking smiley
No, Paradiso Amsterdam or the Heineken hall, maybe even Gelredome.

Jeroen>grinning smiley<

All of this and more!
HeĀ“ll do 150 shows round the world in 80 daysgrinning smiley
If he brings his rainstick he will do more than 160 in 50 days. Hahaha
Jeroen

Re: Keith Tour October?
Posted by: Gibson668 ()
Date: September 2, 2015 17:11

He's coming to London "soon" to do some work on next years exhibition

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 2, 2015 17:48

I cant for the life of me see how people say keith is not in shape to do some solo gigs
Did you see him running about the stage on the last leg of the Zip Code tour
He did not even get out of breath. He covered the stadiums easily.
If he did some solo gigs he could sing a few rockers, then do a couple ballads, then some middle of the road tempo tracks, then more rockers, then maybe get Sarah Dash or Nora Jones to do a number while he gets his energy back,
hell he could leave the stage and let Waddy and the band do a number.
Before you know it we are into 90 minutes.
Don't anyone tell me seriously that Keith cant physically do a few solo gigs
That is a lie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-02 17:54 by keefriffhards.

Date: September 2, 2015 18:07

Maybe he should play at Disneyworld.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 2, 2015 18:24

Honestly now,
for how many YEARS has Keith been telling interviewers that he was close to putting the Winos back together???
confused smiley

Really, tell me the answer and it will explain the skepticism.
moody smiley

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 2, 2015 18:40

Kurt
Honestly now,
for how many YEARS has Keith been telling interviewers that he was close to putting the Winos back together???
confused smiley

Really, tell me the answer and it will explain the skepticism.
moody smiley

Sure but that's what people said about him and a new album and eventually it happened...

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: September 2, 2015 18:44

Hairball
jlowe
Learn them all again?
How did Roger Waters manage to do his Wall tour then, 30plus years after the initial recording?

He lip-synched for some of it, and hired a bunch of technically able musicians (and vocalists) to re-create it all note for note.

I thought he was a hologram

Date: September 2, 2015 18:54

Naturalust
MidnightDevilRambler
I just don't get it. Why release a long awaited solo album, not tour and let it hit the equivalent of the vinyl discount bin?

Because the Stones are still his priority and they are only taking a relatively short break among the the other reasons mentioned above. I doubt Keith is too concerned about the record hitting the discount bin. He knows he made a pretty good record, probably had fun doing it, although he would naturally love it to sell well, I don't think he is worried enough about it that he feels pressured to tour at this point. I have the feeling the recorded versions of these tunes are better that he could reproduce live anyway.

Well unless you have spoken to Keith personally to support your observations I guess we just have a difference of viewpoints. Almost 7 months between gigs is certainly enough time to scratch off a short tour.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 2, 2015 19:14

MidnightDevilRambler
Naturalust
MidnightDevilRambler
I just don't get it. Why release a long awaited solo album, not tour and let it hit the equivalent of the vinyl discount bin?

Because the Stones are still his priority and they are only taking a relatively short break among the the other reasons mentioned above. I doubt Keith is too concerned about the record hitting the discount bin. He knows he made a pretty good record, probably had fun doing it, although he would naturally love it to sell well, I don't think he is worried enough about it that he feels pressured to tour at this point. I have the feeling the recorded versions of these tunes are better that he could reproduce live anyway.

Well unless you have spoken to Keith personally to support your observations I guess we just have a difference of viewpoints. Almost 7 months between gigs is certainly enough time to scratch off a short tour.

Definitely just my opinion but if you read through the thread you will see many of us believe it isn't going to happen and many good reasons are listed. Too much risk and work for too little reward. With the Holidays in he middle, the come down time for this Stones tour, the ramp up time for the next it really only leaves us Sept., October and November. And as has been pointed out he is planning a London trip in there somewhere. I'd love to see at least a couple shows but I'm sure not going to have any expectations at this point.

Even Keith has basically said he was unsure he could front a band again, the logistics were going to be tricky and he hoped for a "couple of shows". That certainly doesn't equate to a short tour. We've just got to be happy he released a record at all, I think it's the only solo Keith we're going to get in 2015.

Date: September 2, 2015 19:19

I am convinced if keith was going to do a few shows, tickets would be on sale by now
Hope i'm wrong

Date: September 2, 2015 19:54

Naturalust
MidnightDevilRambler
Naturalust
MidnightDevilRambler

Definitely just my opinion but if you read through the thread you will see many of us believe it isn't going to happen and many good reasons are listed. Too much risk and work for too little reward. With the Holidays in he middle, the come down time for this Stones tour, the ramp up time for the next it really only leaves us Sept., October and November. And as has been pointed out he is planning a London trip in there somewhere. I'd love to see at least a couple shows but I'm sure not going to have any expectations at this point.

Even Keith has basically said he was unsure he could front a band again, the logistics were going to be tricky and he hoped for a "couple of shows". That certainly doesn't equate to a short tour. We've just got to be happy he released a record at all, I think it's the only solo Keith we're going to get in 2015.

Sorry to be a pain but do you remember when or where Keith said he was unsure he could front a band
I'm not trying to be funny, i just would like to know where you heard Keith say that
Thanks for your trouble

Date: September 2, 2015 21:09

keefriffhards
Naturalust
MidnightDevilRambler
Naturalust
MidnightDevilRambler

Sorry to be a pain but do you remember when or where Keith said he was unsure he could front a band
I'm not trying to be funny, i just would like to know where you heard Keith say that
Thanks for your trouble

No worries riffhards! I think it was in the Oct 2105 Uncut Article/Interview that GreenLady was so kind to post for us. But I might be combining stuff from several different interviews. Here is that one: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: snarky ()
Date: September 2, 2015 21:50

saw him at universal 88 and 92...any thoughts where he would play in la if/when he tours...

Date: September 2, 2015 22:17

NL.
No worries riffhards! I think it was in the Oct 2105 Uncut Article/Interview that GreenLady was so kind to post for us. But I might be combining stuff from several different interviews.

Maybe you took one word from each interview lol

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: September 2, 2015 22:43

with sssoul
CloudCat
the only one with a decent-looking haircut is Keith -
he does his own, right?

nice shots -- where are these photos from, carnaby?

Yes, he cut his own hair in those days - maybe he does still.

The gigantic photo with the beautiful grins is from backstage at the London Palladium, January 22nd 1967.
Maybe Gered Mankowitz took it - I've never seen a credit, but he took some other shots there that day, so maybe?
Apparently Keith and Brian were both high on LSD that day - no wonder Keith's glowin like that!
The acid was soooo much better back then ... Ahem, I mean! The one with the dour people in the background
is from the Milano airport, April 8th 1967. It's probably Giovanni Liverani.

thanks very much for the information on the photo and the associated hairjinks -- I mean, hijinks

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 2, 2015 23:04

He could easily do what David Gilmour is about to do - "an old man's tour" as Gilmour put it.
Play a few shows here, a few shows there, and maybe a few shows somewhere in between...in other words a short tour.
Don't know why some here are so confident he won't do it, and no matter what the reasons that have been imagined,
it almost sounds like they hope he doesn't do it! confused smiley

As for me, I still have hope. thumbs up

Date: September 2, 2015 23:08

keefriffhards
NL.
No worries riffhards! I think it was in the Oct 2105 Uncut Article/Interview that GreenLady was so kind to post for us. But I might be combining stuff from several different interviews.

Maybe you took one word from each interview lol

Naw, Pretty sure the fronting a band, playing and singing at the same time and logistics stuff were all concepts Keith introduced. I had previously expressed my concern about the playing and singing part, Keith does confirm it is an issue in the Uncut interview where his use of the word "if" pretty much says he also questions his abilities in that regard, no? Go back and read all the interviews, I'm sure you'll find what I'm talking about.

Date: September 2, 2015 23:10

Turner68
Sure but that's what people said about him and a new album and eventually it happened...

The logistics to record and album, and get a whole crew on the road for several weeks are very different.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: September 2, 2015 23:26

Turner68
he should get wyman on the bass and taylor to play guitar.

yea I would like that. some groove ... AND tour Iceland thank you!

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: September 2, 2015 23:55

keefriffhards
I cant for the life of me see how people say keith is not in shape to do some solo gigs
If he did some solo gigs he could sing a few rockers, then do a couple ballads, then some middle of the road tempo tracks, then more rockers, then maybe get Sarah Dash or Nora Jones to do a number while he gets his energy back,
That is a lie
Cause HE CANT DO THE SINGING involved with putting on a show. Just cause he jogged a lap or two around the stage lip doesn't mean he has the stamina to front a band. He coasts thru a lot of Stones shows as it is.
Get a grip.

Date: September 3, 2015 00:46

BILLPERKS
keefriffhards
That is a lie
Cause HE CANT DO THE SINGING involved with putting on a show. Just cause he jogged a lap or two around the stage lip doesn't mean he has the stamina to front a band. He coasts thru a lot of Stones shows as it is.
Get a grip.

But but his 2 song solo slot on recent shows has been better than ever !!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 3, 2015 01:01

After all is told aand done, i STILL have HOPE he will do some, maybe 5 solo shows.

Come on Keef, lets do it and ROCK!!
jeroen

Date: September 3, 2015 01:01

BILLPERKS
keefriffhards
That is a lie
Get a grip.

NEITHER CAN MICK but it don't seem to stop him lol

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: September 3, 2015 01:40

Why should keith risk going on tour and ruining his legacy he doesn't owe anyone nothing there's no way he could front a band for 90 minutes and sing no way way to much to lose he should rest up and get ready to record with the stones and to keeriffhards about keith running on the stage remember indy when keith tripped and fell he's lucky he didn't brake a hip!! He's good with the stones people give him a break!

Date: September 3, 2015 01:54

ohmercy61
Why should keith risk going on tour and ruining his legacy he doesn't owe anyone nothing there's no way he could front a band for 90 minutes and sing no way way to much to lose he should rest up and get ready to record with the stones and to keeriffhards about keith running on the stage remember indy when keith tripped and fell he's lucky he didn't brake a hip!! He's good with the stones people give him a break!

Sorry but i'm tired of this talk
Another Stones tour in not creative as far as Keith is concerned
Its the same old tired show with the same songs give or take, over and over again
Whereas a solo venture with new songs would be good for Keith creatively
I think it would give him a lot of confidence
Keith has come a long way since the head fall and this would be the icing on the cake
Keith could retire after a mini solo tour and the South America shows proud that he did it all, and some

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-03 01:55 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: September 3, 2015 02:04

Why does keith need confidence he's keith Richard'sfor Pete sakes

Date: September 3, 2015 02:20

ohmercy61

Well as much as i bang on about Keith's greatness, i do believe since the head fall in 2006 that Keith wobbles when he plays
It's just me i guess but i feel he almost gets there, he almost becomes Keith Richards again on stage , but not quite
The solos nearly make it, they nearly become fluid and fluent, but not just yet
I find myself feeling edgy, like he will mess up the solo, and he almost does then he brings it back, just.
Its hard for me to explain in words, but yes he lacks that bit of confidence that maybe can be cured by taking the plunge and going outside his comfort zone with the winos
Or am i asking to much from the old devil..

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 3, 2015 02:23

keefriffhards
ohmercy61

Well as much as i bang on about Keith's greatness, i do believe since the head fall in 2006 that Keith wobbles when he plays
It's just me i guess but i feel he almost gets there, he almost becomes Keith Richards again on stage , but not quite
The solos nearly make it, they nearly become fluid and fluent, but not just yet
I find myself feeling edgy, like he will mess up the solo, and he almost does then he brings it back, just.
Its hard for me to explain in words, but yes he lacks that bit of confidence that maybe can be cured by taking the plunge and going outside his comfort zone with the winos
Or am i asking to much from the old devil..

don't get wobbly on us Keefriffhards!!!!

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 3, 2015 03:59

Freddy Sessler,is no longer around to supply the goodies, so no tour....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home