Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: French fanclub not that positieve about new album
Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: August 6, 2005 08:48

I think the joke goes... hosting an invasion.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Besides, the USA hosted one too, something called the War of 1812.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: August 6, 2005 08:52

wtf do they know!

Date: August 6, 2005 08:53

kahoosier Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I, as an American born and bred, do not
> have a small penis.

Well, I'm an American and I DO have a small penis! Are you going to start bashing me now?!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 6, 2005 11:28

Too bad that someone doesn't like it eh? Everybody can't like it anyway. Uncut seems to be optimistic. This review isn't. So what? It's YOUR opinion that counts.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: salar ()
Date: August 6, 2005 14:43

john r Wrote:
> It's only 1 review in 1 publication, & I doubt
> its Frenchness has much to do with it....

That is the point exactly...evry review is just the opinion of one person
in one publication....
if they say: The german press says......it is the opinion of one journalist
who may not even heard the whole album
The Rolling stone magazine says that...the same..it is one mans opinion..
so..do not take those reviews to serious.

salar

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 6, 2005 14:48

If this was a thread about politics anyone is free to bash the Dutch for everything we have done wrong in the last 300 years, and I am free to bash American politics (I actually never bashed Americans, although I am extremely biased towards "75 % is fat, ignorant and dumb", but then again, so are the Dutch). But, this is a tread where a nice guy posts a French review of the album, as other people have done too on this board with reviews from there respctive countries. Personally, I don't need Duane from Houston who likes Celine Dion and probably wears a rhinstone hat telling me that he "rejects anything the French say". I then would give him the advice to leave this European tinted board and go to the Rocks Off website and discuss all the benefits of being Duane in Houston.

Mathijs

Posted by: jostorm ()
Date: August 6, 2005 14:55

Why do some of you always feel compelled to make any thread into a deeply personal affair????
Has noone ever read Bjornulf's constant appeals to all of us NOT to get personal???

And I must agree with Mathijs, he may be an argumentative pain in the arse sometimes, but if you really think about it, he's ALWAYS right in his arguments and sticks to FACTS born from a deep understanding of music, which most posters here I have to say, and I include myself, only WISH they had.
(And had I ever mentioned what a handsome guitarist he is???)
His remarks regarding Americans with small penises are right insofar as they refer to the people who use the smallest apparent slight and turn this into a mindless country-bashing session. Go get a penis-enlargement and leave your ego-problems out of the discussion of the band we all claim to love.
And if you take it personal and think yours isn't small,then just post a picture of yours in fully erected state next to a ruler with inches as well as centimetres, because some of us aren't metric yet.
I volunteer to be the judge on Monday morning and invite any other women to make up the judges panel.

And kahoosier, for someone living on a small island in the Pacific and working as a medic, you have an unusually smallminded outlook on life....Perhaps you would like to make a start and post a picture of yours as proof???
It's alright, honestly, we've all seen one before...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 6, 2005 15:06

jostorm ... firstly could you please post a photo of your vagina so we can all get erect.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: August 6, 2005 15:18

"Well, I'm an American and I DO have a small penis! Are you going to start bashing me now?!"

A russian research has prooved, that there is a connection between:

small feet -> small penis
big feet -> big penis

Well, if you have a small penis - you have small feet

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 6, 2005 15:32

Really!!...didn't realize the connection...Clowns always have large shoes so does that mean they are well hung?

Goofy has large feet and they reckon that Bill Clinton wears a size 16 boot!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: August 6, 2005 15:35

Which is the greater affliction, a smaller piece of stick or no balls?

Posted by: mdb ()
Date: August 6, 2005 15:40

wow....maybe the wars should happen on another thread, I was actually wanting to read the review. Stonefan could you please provide an accurate translation of it, to replace the machine translation jibberish? Im interested in their opinion. merci beaucoup....

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: August 6, 2005 15:57

I am American and trust me: my penis is HUGE! And loud!

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: August 6, 2005 16:21

Actually, the calculation is like this:

Lenght of penis = length of the foot in centimeter + 5 divided with 2

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: August 6, 2005 16:33

all right mdb, here it goes :

the first impression leaves a mixed opinion. Big sound guitars kinda "I'm gonna bring the house down to show that I'm here", rythm guitar/bass/drums mixed up in the front, ultra modern and very confuse production, like today's kids rock albums. When listening to some titles, you can't help thinking of "Bridges To Babylon" and also to "Dirty Work" and "Undercover".
Especially for inspiration, unfortunately not always present on many titles, which leaves us to have misgivings about the creative magic of the Jagger/Richards duet, which was already tangible on "Voodoo Lounge" and "Bridges To Babylon".
16 numbers which sway between the efficient fiery rock (Rough Justice, It Won't Take Long) and the uninteresting one (Dangerous Beauty, Driving Too Fast), the Jagger way funk, heavy (Rain Fall Down, Laugh I Nearly Died, Sweet Neo Con), the John Lee Hooker way blues, magic (Back Of My Hand), the pleasant pop/rock ballad
(Let Me Down Slow) and the syrupy and insipid (Streets Of Love, Biggest Mistake).
Keith gets out of a ticklish situation, his two titles are among the most interesting ones of the new album. The rest is banal, not high class and with no soul.

A "Bigger Bang" to be reconsidered with a deeper listening and some distance, but this time the miracle for sure won't happen.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 6, 2005 17:29

This is a review from one person in a country of 50-60 million people at least. If you build your impression on people that way then I understand we have problems in the world. It should be possible to like or dislike the new album without being accused of starting WW III. If you are in for a rumble then why don't you find a pub and rumble there. What I hear from the album sounds great, by the way.

Bjornulf

Date: August 6, 2005 17:34

Bjornulf,
did you have the chance to hear the whole album ?
is it really far from the french fan club opinion ?
well, I hope so !

Date: August 6, 2005 19:46

country honk Wrote:
> "Well, I'm an American and I DO have a small
> penis! Are you going to start bashing me now?!"
>
> A russian research has prooved, that there is a
> connection between:
>
> small feet -> small penis
> big feet -> big penis
>
> Well, if you have a small penis - you have small
> feet
>
>
>
I have a 9.5 European size foot. Is that small?

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: August 7, 2005 00:30

>Personally, I don't need Duane from Houston who likes Celine Dion and probably wears a rhinstone hat telling me that he "rejects anything >the French say". I then would give him the advice to leave this European tinted board and go to the Rocks Off website and discuss all the >benefits of being Duane in Houston.

Now you've gone too far! God know's I've tried to be civil here. But if you're going to bash me, Celine Dion (arguably the world's greatest living female singer) AND rhinestone hats (perfectly suitable attire in most cases) then I have no option but to defend my honor and respond to your reprehensible attack ! :

I POOP ON THE FRENCH !

Don't Mess with Texas

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 7, 2005 00:49

Are Americans rude about the French because the latter are reputedly the best lovers?

Is penis prejudice any better than racial bigotry? Both reveal inadequacy/insecurity.

You don't need a Bigger Car, a Bigger Hi-Fi System, a Bigger House, or a BiggerCountry or even a Bigger Bang to be happy.

You need not to think Big.

You need to find simple pleasures in the 'smaller' things in life.

Posted by: Pignose Records ()
Date: August 7, 2005 01:50

Sarahunwin, les français ne sont pas experts en musique, et les américains sont experts peut-être ? Ah ouais avec des Mariah Carré, Britney Shit et les rappeurs de merde, ils sont experts !

Duane, Mathijs has gone too far ? You are the one who started this little shitty topic !
You tried to be civil here ? forget about your god and behave with respect. You just talk like your dumby president, maybe because you are both from Texas ?!
And now you want to defend yourself ? You are a joke ! Now go @#$%& yourself !

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: August 7, 2005 02:15

Pignose Records Wrote:
You just talk like your
> dumby president, maybe because you are both from Texas ?!
> And now you want to defend yourself ? You are a joke ! Now go @#$%& yourself !

Hmm. Can you say "dumby" on television? I know you can say @#$%& on television.
Oh, leave Duane alone. He's from one of the best towns in the U.S.
I was out there a few weeks ago. Sat in with a few great blues players,
had some wonderful BBQ. YOu won't find that stuff out here in LA, trust me.
Check it out. You may learn something.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: August 7, 2005 02:35

>You just talk like your dumby president, maybe because you are both from Texas ?!
>And now you want to defend yourself ? You are a joke ! Now go @#$%& yourself !

I POOP ON YOUR CREPE SUZETTES ! (...AND ON YOUR BERET !)

Posted by: Pignose Records ()
Date: August 7, 2005 02:43

Your mouth is full of poop, you can't talk normally !

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: August 7, 2005 03:36

oFOR THE LOVE OF JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH...LMAO... I get sarcastic, point out in my first post I have not baited Mathijs in two years, indeed have actaully had to agree with him, throw in some nasty political remarks and then in another post try and show how silly it all is by talking about penis size and everything becomes chaos! I find it refreshing that my response to Mathijs brings less jibes from him than a lot of others. Maybe since the beginning of Licks we have come to respect each other's opinion more,or Hell I don't know, maybe the esteemed Dutchman is getting soft in his old age!

Bless you Jostorm, perhaps you do not realize in professional lingo there is a world of differnece between a medic, and a full fledged MD which is what I am. And I promise you I am not small minded (if you really knew me you would know that), though a bit edgy and sarcastic. I actually thought, obviously incorrectly, that I would engage Mathijs, and not enrage so many others. The most important point I tried to make in one of my first posts is totally lost; it should be about the music.

I guess it is my fault for trying to be witty. Though I admit a certain smug satisfaction in that now that I am 48 years old and my club life is far behind me, this is the first time in many years I have had so many people who seem to be eager to see my penis !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-07 08:48 by kahoosier.

Date: August 7, 2005 08:57

I'm really sick to see what I can read on this board !..insults, racist thoughts.
and no reaction from the webmaster, Mr Bjornulf !..we could expect you to delete these bad messages ! Nothing doing !!
There is a french proverb which says :"qui ne dit mot consent" ! it means "silence means consent" !
maybe do you agree with them ??!!!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: August 7, 2005 10:38

Ahhh Stonefan, to delete or not to delete? Whereas you have a point, it was either here or one of the other major boards that the webmaster did take briefly to deleting posts. There was no thanks, merely cries about censorship and tyranny. BV does a great job as far as I am concerned walking that razor's edge between Freedom of Speech and control of the board. It is a battle he cannot win no matter what he does; someone will alway wish that he had done it the other way.

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: August 7, 2005 11:40

I suppose it's time to state the obvious:

It's Only Rock'n'Roll, But I like It.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 8, 2005 04:24

french people smell!

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: August 8, 2005 08:20

lol
Some threads at the moment are insane.

Well I'm Australian and think the lot of you babbling drunkards are all mad.

At least I'm not racist. This is because I hate everyone.
Especially the French!! hahaha.

:0)

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home