Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13
Re: Next Vault release......Tokyo ´90
Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 15, 2015 00:09

At first I liked Almost Hear You Sigh, but with every time I heard it, the song became more and more boring. Finally I heard it in concert 1990 and I almost fell asleep.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: August 15, 2015 01:07

I love the 1989-1990 Stones. I still feel the excitement of knowing they were back together. I'll take as much Steel Wheels era as I can get.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: August 15, 2015 01:40

i think some of these releases have a milestone element for the band. japan 1990 was the first tour of that country. farewell england, 1969 hyde park, stu's last show in '82.

i would like a DVD only of the zip code tour. or the fonda show.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: August 15, 2015 04:15

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: August 15, 2015 08:26

I will probably buy it.
I like the version of Gimme shelter, Keith is great on this one !
I just hope it will be in 16:9 format. I was a bit disappointed that the DVD-blu ray of the Hampton show was not in that format.
so, let's pray all together !

Posted by: Gibson668 ()
Date: August 15, 2015 09:47

I'm always surprised with the negativity that some display, when these releases come out. Of course we'd like our own favourites to be released (Leeds '82 please!), but, it is what it is..I for one, having spent a fortune over the years on crap copies of stuff recorded off Joe's TV or Eric's wonky cassette recorder, and now rejoice in re-mastered, cleaned up recordings. I don't give a stuff about this constant complaint of mixing..from what i see, a lot of people 'nick' the music anyway! For me, I love this recording..and it has Bill on it...

Date: August 15, 2015 10:20

Will definitely buy it!

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: August 15, 2015 10:33

Cannot wait for this! It's a brilliant stadium show and one of the last with Bill. It'll be available for around £12 and people still complain. We've got great audio from the official bootleg in 2012, hoping the picture quality is great too, it should be as it was only 1990.
Let's roll!

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: August 15, 2015 10:48

Great! Looking forward to it, one of their best shows of the tour

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: August 15, 2015 11:05

this is a MUST have.
Really happy

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 15, 2015 11:59

flairville
We've got great audio from the official bootleg in 2012

Hopefully the audio from the BR disc will be less brickwalled than the 2012 SA release...

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: August 15, 2015 12:45

I don't get the complaining either.
First of all it's not realy a surprise that they gonna release first the already as download available concerts. So after this one you can expect Leeds '82 and Toronto Light the Fuse.

This Tv & radio concert was always one of the greatest boots of the Steel Wheels tour. The band played exellent!

First you had the legendary cd "The Rolling Stones '90", later VGP released the even better "Steel Wheels Tokyo 1990" cd, which was awsome. Unfortunately the video and later dvd boots weren't that great, because they had only a moderate video source.

Now we get this in way better picture and sound than we ever had on silver discs. This is great!

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: August 15, 2015 12:53

jpasc95
I will probably buy it.
I like the version of Gimme shelter, Keith is great on this one !
I just hope it will be in 16:9 format. I was a bit disappointed that the DVD-blu ray of the Hampton show was not in that format.
so, let's pray all together !

Don't count on that.
It was not a movie, or something special recorded, just an averaged recorded and aired Tv concert. In 1990 you didn't have this 16:9 format for television, so it's gonna be for 99% the same as Hampton and L.A.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 15, 2015 13:07

GJV
I don't get the complaining either.

Oh come on, you have been a member on this board for at least six years. You should have known by now that several people start complaining just for the fun of complaining smiling smiley

But I am so looking forward to this release. Finally that great show in great quality.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: August 15, 2015 13:14

Glad to see this as a vault release. Very good Steel Wheels show. I hope this is also an audio release and not only a dvd/blu ray.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 15, 2015 14:24

barbabang
Glad to see this as a vault release. Very good Steel Wheels show. I hope this is also an audio release and not only a dvd/blu ray.

Dont worry. There´s a 2-CD & DVD-release, also a release containing a DVD and four LPs. Plus BR and DVD without CD/LPs. The Tokyo-show is superb. This is gonna be greaaaaaaaaaaatttt.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-15 14:36 by HMS.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: August 15, 2015 14:40

dcba
Makes me think they should have released the audio of the Feb. 27 show as a part of the SA.
Same for Hampton : they should have released the audio of the 1981 Dec. 19 show in audio form in conjonction with the PPV dvd...

maybe same thing will happen in japan as with la75, a deluxe release with audio from both shows.

Posted by: max56 ()
Date: August 15, 2015 15:05

Barabang
the sound from blu ray or dvd is far better than cd sound
This is for all from the vault releases

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: August 15, 2015 15:09

max56
Barabang

Thank you for the advice. Why the sound for the cd's are so loud is what I don't understand. Not neccesary. When I want it louder I turn on the volume knob.

But I gladly take the cd's with the vinyl if that is the option.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 15, 2015 15:25

I am really looking forward to this one. I have a DVD bootleg, but haven't seen it for ages, since the video quality was not really good. But if I remember correctly, the show itself was great. And since the video will surely be way better, judging from the vault releases so far, I think it will be a really nice addition to my collection

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: August 15, 2015 15:59

HMS
At first I liked Almost Hear You Sigh, but with every time I heard it, the song became more and more boring. Finally I heard it in concert 1990 and I almost fell asleep.

Almost Hear You Snore?
Yeah, some of it hasn't aged well.
Love Keith's SFTD solos on this tour, and overall this is a great sounding show.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 15, 2015 16:40

barbabang
max56
Barabang

Thank you for the advice. Why the sound for the cd's are so loud is what I don't understand. Not neccesary. When I want it louder I turn on the volume knob.

But I gladly take the cd's with the vinyl if that is the option.

If there's a vinyl option I'll also go for it...otherwise, I'm quite satisfied with the original FLAC download.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: August 15, 2015 17:14

Looking forward to it, they weren't my favourite band around that time.
Maybe the video will impress me, who knows.

Unfortunately I have a sneaking suspicion that Bill Wyman will not be seen on the screen; also live in fear that Ward records will again come up with a super loud de-luxe edition...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 15, 2015 17:45

Rank Stranger
I have a sneaking suspicion that Bill Wyman will not be seen on the screen;

You mean they'll CGI Darryl's face? As a reversed minstrel? smoking smiley

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: August 15, 2015 17:46

I will buy any video release, especially post '89 stuff like this.
But they need to release something shot on film so buying the blu-ray will feel more necessary. Turin 1990 shot for ''Live At The Max'' or maybe Berlin 1990 in it's entirety?

This blu-ray release will still stink old bootleg vhs no matter how they enhance or upscale it.

video: [www.youtube.com]

This review of Hampton 1981 could probably also describe the upcoming Tokyo release:

''Colors are anemic, detail is often pretty nonexistent, especially in midrange and wide shots, and there are video anomalies like ghosting in evidence. It may be better to simply listen to this disc and treat it as an audio Blu-ray.''

www.blu-ray.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-15 18:12 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: August 15, 2015 17:54

OK

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 15, 2015 19:36

TheBlockbuster
I will buy any video release, especially post '89 stuff like this.
But they need to release something shot on film so buying the blu-ray will feel more necessary. Turin 1990 shot for ''Live At The Max'' or maybe Berlin 1990 in it's entirety?

This blu-ray release will still stink old bootleg vhs no matter how they enhance or upscale it.

video: [www.youtube.com]

This review of Hampton 1981 could probably also describe the upcoming Tokyo release:

''Colors are anemic, detail is often pretty nonexistent, especially in midrange and wide shots, and there are video anomalies like ghosting in evidence. It may be better to simply listen to this disc and treat it as an audio Blu-ray.''

www.blu-ray.com

Lucky Me. I love my Hampton Blu Ray.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: August 15, 2015 20:40

I'm just thrilled how the Stones are pumping out releases every 2 months or so! Hopefully it will just keep coming

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: August 15, 2015 22:01

24FPS

Lucky Me. I love my Hampton Blu Ray.

Yea the release itself is great. The picture quality however is no better on the blu-ray than it is on the dvd.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 15, 2015 22:05

Deltics
This is the video that accompanied the original download-only release in 2012.

[www.youtube.com]

Ugh. "Let's rock this mother to the max" is just HORRIBLE! And it's on the Virgin reissue of FLASHPOINT, not the original release.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2220
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home