Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Kind of a dark topic but here goes....I was watching Vinyl
Posted by: bigbitch ()
Date: February 15, 2016 18:22

last night.....hope it picks up a little I see the Scorcese excess of late on display...but still have hope...nevertheless the show got me thinking about 1973 and the zeitgeist of the Stones, Led Zeppelin (geez was that Dave Mustaine as Plant??) and the bubbling up of early punk, new york dolls etc....but what also occurred to me was my own impression that this was the zenith of rampant drug usage almost in a semi- open manner...

What also got me thinking was Keith during this time...perhaps at his most harrowing period as a junkie....or was it? Does anyone have any kind of reliable knowledge how close our boy may have actually come close to going over the edge and dying?

I always thought that Tony Sanchez's account through Up and Down With The Rolling Stones - while heavy on some embellishment - largely captured Keith at the most realistic and quite obvious full blown heroin addiction...in fact I recall reading the last chapter with Tony's kind of dread about the almost imminence of death that seemed almost ordain as it related to Keith....

So my question remains how close does anyone think Keith came to near death with his addiction?

Re: Kind of a dark topic but here goes....I was watching Vinyl
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 15, 2016 19:11

Keith has said before that he never felt like he pushed it right to the edge

Nate

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 15, 2016 19:20

Nate
Keith has said before that he never felt like he pushed it right to the edge

Junkie denial? Wyman wrote that in Toronto in 77 after the Mounties had raided Keef's room and took all his stuff he found the man crawling on the floor of his hotel room begging for anotehr fix. Wyman went "shopping" for him btw...

That's junkie's life. Keef as a "reasonable" drug consumer? HAHAHA! he was a vacuum cleaner. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-15 19:31 by dcba.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 15, 2016 19:38

It's only Keith who knows the answer to his own experience and if you do walk right up to the edge you certainly know about it.

Nate

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 15, 2016 20:20

Nate
It's only Keith who knows the answer to his own experience and if you do walk right up to the edge you certainly know about it.

Nate

But your sense of self preservation CAN become very blurred.
Watch the excellent documentary 'AMY'.
Needless, pointless deaths.
Nothing heroic or romantic about a junkie's life...or their recovery, when that happens.
It could easily have gone either way with Keith. And the drinking?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2105
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home