Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

SkyArts1 Rolling Stones Weekend
Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: February 15, 2016 11:30

Last few nights featured some of the great Rolling Stones live films - Hyde Park 1969, Shine A Light, Hampton Coliseum 1981, Marquee 1970 and Ladies and Gentlemen 1972!

Seen all multiple times of course, but it was great revisiting most of them over the weekend; the biggest surprise was how much I loved 'Shine A Light' - the live album of the film is one I never really got until recently, and good as some of it absolutely is, having the visuals makes it all more compelling. I still recall the hype and excitement around it's release, and my first time seeing the Stones in the cinema...good times smiling smiley

PS Is the 2015 'Vault' issue of Hyde park '69 worth getting; sound I hear is in stereo?

Re: SkyArts1 Rolling Stones Weekend
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 15, 2016 12:15

IrelandCalling4

PS Is the 2015 'Vault' issue of Hyde park '69 worth getting; sound I hear is in stereo?

See here: [www.iorr.org] , especially here: [www.iorr.org] .

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 15, 2016 13:33

Its time the U K's BBC4 had a Stones special. They have done similar for other Acts.
Get Mick and Charlie in the studio, short introductions to each film.
Timing: around the beginning of April, to tie in with Exhibitionism.
Plenty of material:
STONES AT THE BEEB (promos)
CHARLIE IS MY DARLING
RR CIRCUS OR HYDE PARK 1969
GIMMIE SHELTER
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OR SPEND THE NIGHT
SHINE A LIGHT
oh, i forgot the most important one..... CS BLUES

Date: February 15, 2016 14:48

Dang right, it's about time CS Blues was released; eventually of course it will be - possible title change to placate the censors and keep it all politically correct and conservative, but, it will come out. My hope is that when it does we see outtakes and more performance footage.

For the 1972 Pro-Shot, 4 or 6 shows were filmed right? When watching it this morn with my daughter (2 years old, and she loved it!) - I was wondering when the other filmed footage would see the light of day. It surely will sometime; may be in 2 years, maybe 22 years....who knows.

Anyone else think 'Shine A Light' was a good 'un? I really enjoy it, the bonus version of 'Undercover of the Night' is excellent methinks.

Date: February 15, 2016 14:50

jlowe
Its time the U K's BBC4 had a Stones special. They have done similar for other Acts.
Get Mick and Charlie in the studio, short introductions to each film.
Timing: around the beginning of April, to tie in with Exhibitionism.
Plenty of material:
STONES AT THE BEEB (promos)
CHARLIE IS MY DARLING
RR CIRCUS OR HYDE PARK 1969
GIMMIE SHELTER
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OR SPEND THE NIGHT
SHINE A LIGHT
oh, i forgot the most important one..... CS BLUES

Why not Live In Texas 78?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 15, 2016 14:56

IrelandCalling4
Dang right, it's about time CS Blues was released; eventually of course it will be - possible title change to placate the censors and keep it all politically correct and conservative, but, it will come out. My hope is that when it does we see outtakes and more performance footage.

For the 1972 Pro-Shot, 4 or 6 shows were filmed right? When watching it this morn with my daughter (2 years old, and she loved it!) - I was wondering when the other filmed footage would see the light of day. It surely will sometime; may be in 2 years, maybe 22 years....who knows.

Anyone else think 'Shine A Light' was a good 'un? I really enjoy it, the bonus version of 'Undercover of the Night' is excellent methinks.

If CS Blues does ever get released then I hope it's not censored in any way it is what it is and if people don't want to watch it fine but other people attempting to tell others what they can or can't see is pathetic.

Censorship is wrong

Nate

Date: February 15, 2016 18:34

Agreed Nate, of course it should come out as it is, I think perhaps the only change will be the title. Even in these seemingly more enlightened time, I can't see Tesco stocking @#$%& Blues^ CS Blues, Schoolboy Bluesd, whatever, but dang it, I hope there's a lot of bonus material with it smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1557
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home