Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Charlie...and Charlotte
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 12, 2015 15:48

I have been wondering lately if Charlotte is the key to the Stones future as a touring band. Charlie has never made a secret of being melancholy on the road, and if he packed in it, I don't think there would be another tour. But now that Charlotte travels with him, he seems to be happier and showing obvious signs of enjoying himself, both during the shows and in snippets such as the Exhibitionism video. Lovely to see him so happy. Do we have Charlotte to thank for this, in addition to her great tour art and contributions to social media? Is she our best secret ally?

Re: Charlie...and Charlotte
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 12, 2015 15:53

Whatever keeps Charlie happy to tour, keeps me happy. So, yes, I'd say we have Charlotte to thank for being there for her Grandpa on the road. smiling smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 12, 2015 16:31

Last year in Europe she was very visible indeed at most shows and I went to 3. She seemed to pop up everywhere. I saw her several times in Oslo. She stayed with Grandpa in his hotel and was frequently seen smoking out at the front door. crawdaddy will second me on that! She took photos of the early queueing fans at the Telenor Arena and then audience shots once we were all inside, posting them up on Social Media.

She is evidently a huge fan of the band her Grandpa is a member of and does a bit of Social Media etc. I noticed her in Grandpa's limo on the way back and forwards to rehearsals too. It could very well be that her constant presence has rejuvenated and energised Charlie - it certainly appears to be the case. If true, all hail the Charlotte smileys with beer

Date: August 12, 2015 18:17

I reckon that's a good call, SomeTorontoGirl, and it must be a blast for Charlotte as well.

Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: August 12, 2015 21:41

How cool must it be to have Charlie Watts as your Grandpa??

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 12, 2015 22:15

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: August 12, 2015 22:19

Is that an old picture or is she really that short?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 12, 2015 22:20

I think that Charlotte is a big reason why Charlie seems happy keeping on the road , and his enthusiasm for the upcoming Kings Road, London exhibition.

I dare say Charlotte will be involved in some way. She is a very talented young lady. She must get it from her Grandad , and Shirley has probably got her own talents as well.
Then again she might be just like her Mum.

Gold rings to the girl. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-13 16:21 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 12, 2015 22:20

CMH516

Very...but I think most Grandpa's are cool. I know mine was. smiling smiley

Date: August 12, 2015 22:28

The above picture is most certainly NOT recent winking smiley It's widely believed that Charlie had a bit of a wobbly and wanted to throw in the towel after the Glasto & Hyde Park shows in 2013 so if that happened and Charlotte pulled him back then all the more thanks to her. He does indeed look like he's having a laugh in the recent Exhibitionism promo film. Dressed in Mick's stage clothes ???

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: August 12, 2015 22:34

SomeTorontoGirl
I have been wondering lately if Charlotte is the key to the Stones future as a touring band. Charlie has never made a secret of being melancholy on the road, and if he packed in it, I don't think there would be another tour. But now that Charlotte travels with him, he seems to be happier and showing obvious signs of enjoying himself, both during the shows and in snippets such as the Exhibitionism video. Lovely to see him so happy. Do we have Charlotte to thank for this, in addition to her great tour art and contributions to social media? Is she our best secret ally?

If this is the case then Thank you Charlotte and Thank you Charlie for helping keep the band together.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: August 12, 2015 22:38

CMH516

Not as cool as having my 2 GrandFathers be my GrandPa, they were really cool, but Charlie seems almost as cool.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 12, 2015 22:39

grzegorz67
The above picture is most certainly NOT recent winking smiley It's widely believed that Charlie had a bit of a wobbly and wanted to throw in the towel after the Glasto & Hyde Park shows in 2013 so if that happened and Charlotte pulled him back then all the more thanks to her. He does indeed look like he's having a laugh in the recent Exhibitionism promo film. Dressed in Mick's stage clothes ???

Yeah Charlotte is all grown up now.

Date: August 12, 2015 22:43

Yep! That's more like it Naturalust smileys with beer

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 12, 2015 22:43

MrThompsonWooft
Is that an old picture or is she really that short?

I believe that is at the Shine A Light premiere in 2008.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 13, 2015 01:02

One of the main reason Charlie is touring because he is afraid to end up as we say behind the geraniums grinning smiley and he love shopping especially the expensive fancy shops................

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 13, 2015 01:06

what can a poor boy do .......................

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 13, 2015 01:37

R&R till you drop............

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 13, 2015 01:44

I'm tryin' ..... I'm tryin' .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: August 13, 2015 02:51

Did not know Charlie had doubts after Hyde Park and Glast.... There are some nice photos of Charlie and Charlotte on the Australia tour pages, you all can find them yourselves...

Date: August 13, 2015 05:31

indystonesfan
Did not know Charlie had doubts after Hyde Park and Glast.... There are some nice photos of Charlie and Charlotte on the Australia tour pages, you all can find them yourselves...

Oh, yeah. He had a bit of a public media hissy-fit thaat they had to play outdoor festivals back in 2013...Here's one from the Telegraph, one from NME, and one more from ContactMusic. In case you need more sources, here's one from the BBC. I recall thinking it was the end of the Stones when I read those articles at the time... Charlie's quote regarding the festival spirit is below, as it is in the NME article.

Charlie Watts, April 2013
"I don't want to do it [Glastonbury]. Everyone else does. I don't like playing outdoors, and I certainly don't like festivals," he told the paper. "The worse thing playing outdoors is when the wind blows, if you're a drummer, because the cymbals move … it really is hard to play then."

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: August 13, 2015 13:44

crawdaddy
She is a very talented young lady, just like Grandad.

Grandad is a talented young lady??? eye popping smiley

I tried to hold it back, but I couldn´t. Forgive me, crawdaddy, I really enjoy your posts!

Great thread, Some Totonto Girl, indeed.
Charlotte pulled a lot of attention in front of the Vienna Hotel last summer. A few very young men found her as interesting as the gentlemen behind the curtains a few storeys higher.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 13, 2015 16:23

You caught me out there Fillmore.

Amended my post accordingly. winking smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 13, 2015 23:29

Are Charlotte's parents still together?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1476
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home