Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Micks camp or Keiths camp and why ?
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 12, 2015 01:55

Ugh I can't find the video it's Charlie Watts being asked by a reporter if he has a business card (Europe tour promo, I think, made in last decade)

Charlie is dumbstruck, then in the best tart English accent:
'A business card?! You want a business card?!' and incredulously points to his face.

Yeah Charlie's camp! Best suite in the hotel, and probably quiet.
Eh who we kidding it's all together, this remaining core, or nuthin.
Gotta love the dynamic.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 12, 2015 04:12

HA! Found the link (husband did) it's at 5:40 in the link:

[youtu.be]

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: August 12, 2015 05:08

Keith, first as his personality is most appealing; love his style, eruditeness (word? Hihi), and is musical gifts. Second, Charlie but I'll never be so cool. Also love his love of good clothes.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 12, 2015 08:21

Aquamarine
There may be camps within the Stones organization as a whole, but I don't see why there needs to be among fans. You might prefer one or the other for some reason, but that doesn't mean you have to be against either of them. This feels like a fabricated and unnecessary rivalry.

This ^^^^

Mick is amazing, I adore his witty lyrics and admire his onstage charisma, Charlie is this unique cool character, Ronnie is warm, generous and funny, but Keith I love, with all his faults, and there's no help for it. Something to do with the joy he finds in music and communicates to us.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: August 12, 2015 10:39

Aquamarine
There may be camps within the Stones organization as a whole, but I don't see why there needs to be among fans. You might prefer one or the other for some reason, but that doesn't mean you have to be against either of them. This feels like a fabricated and unnecessary rivalry.

Hmmm, methinks you write either with the wisdom of age or from the perspective of the fairer sex. However, given their contrasting personalities I think it’s perfectly natural to identify with either Mick or Keith and adjust one’s mannerisms and philosophies to mirror their preferred rock star image. Somewhat childish perhaps but if Johnny Depp doesn’t have to grow up, why should I?

Having said that I don’t think aligning yourself with, say, Keith, means you secretly hope that Mick will re-release ‘Let’s Work’ as part of his next solo project. We should all be happy campers, touching the clouds and killing poverty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-12 10:41 by Swayed1967.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 13, 2015 02:28

Swayed1967
Aquamarine

Hmmm, methinks you write either with the wisdom of age or from the perspective of the fairer sex. However, given their contrasting personalities I think it’s perfectly natural to identify with either Mick or Keith and adjust one’s mannerisms and philosophies to mirror their preferred rock star image. Somewhat childish perhaps but if Johnny Depp doesn’t have to grow up, why should I?

Having said that I don’t think aligning yourself with, say, Keith, means you secretly hope that Mick will re-release ‘Let’s Work’ as part of his next solo project. We should all be happy campers, touching the clouds and killing poverty.

that was really mean spirited, bringing up the creative low point for any individual member of the stones.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 13, 2015 05:17

stanlove
drbryant
There aren't two "camps" when it comest to Stones fans, as far as I know. It's never been like the Beatles fans with their insufferable John vs. Paul debates.

Whats insufferable about John vs Paul debates? I think that would be unavoidable and I would think interesting. By the way I am a John guy musically.

It might have been interesting in 1970. After 45 years of the same 5 or 6 arguments going back and forth, it gets old.

Anyway, I'm in Van's camp.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 13, 2015 06:35

treaclefingers
Swayed1967
Aquamarine

that was really mean spirited, bringing up the creative low point for any individual member of the stones.

what do you mean? he carefully avoided mention of

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: August 13, 2015 10:48

Turner68
treaclefingers
Swayed1967
Aquamarine

what do you mean? he carefully avoided mention of

I dunno. Lucky in Love is a well-crafted tune IMO although Mick’s braggadocio is somewhat offputting – that just might be sour grapes on my part though. Just once I’d like to be picked up and bedded by a lady after a losing day at the track. It always happens to Mick.

Interestingly, when She’s the Boss came out I was still in my salad days as a Stones fan and probably would’ve ticked Mick’s camp had I been handed a questionnaire on the matter. Thank God I wasn’t. Hmmm, I think I’m going to get back to work rather than explain why today I would consider myself a member of Keith’s camp. That’s the right call, yeah?

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: August 13, 2015 18:43

Jaggers camp of course.There,s no bullshit from him about Keith either.
Keith always find a way to talk shit about Jagger,i Wonder why?
Wandering Spirit is ten times better than all of Keith,s records together.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 13, 2015 18:54

Foremost, I am in The Rolling Stones Camp.
Between the 2, I always leaned towards Keith.
However, I tire of the Mick put downs.
Keith should "button your lip baby"
He owes Mick that much.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1724
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home