Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Micks camp or Keiths camp and why ?
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 10, 2015 19:14

Please stop it! Next thing, someone will open a Fish and Chip Shop in a yurt and there will be carnage...

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 10, 2015 21:10

STOP!!! I'm at work and trying NOT to laud out loud!!! Not doing too well holding it it....PROLLY get fired PRONTO!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 10, 2015 21:34

mickschix
STOP!!! I'm at work and trying NOT to laud out loud!!! Not doing too well holding it it....PROLLY get fired PRONTO!

Yurt not the first one!

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 10, 2015 21:39

Lately I've been in Charlie's camp!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 10, 2015 22:18

I wish i had just asked every one on iorr who would be their favourite Stone to go camping with lol
Wait a minute, no i'm not saying i want to go camping with Keith hehe
something wrong with that picture confused smiley but go ahead guys choose your Stone.
I believe Keith was a boy scout, he must be good at lighting fires !!

Date: August 10, 2015 22:23

keefriffhards
I wish i had just asked every one on iorr who would be their favourite Stone to go camping with lol
something wrong with that picture confused smiley but go ahead guys choose your Stone.

LOL. how you doing mr. riffhards? did you get that book in the mail yet?

Date: August 10, 2015 22:55

Turner68
keefriffhards

LOL. how you doing mr. riffhards? did you get that book in the mail yet?

Yes actually its excellent Cheers turner

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: August 10, 2015 23:03

CloudCat
i'd go to camp with any of them
or all of them

or any combination thereof

it seems like it would be a lot of fun and enlightening with great sing-a-longs!

like I said!

sorry to have missed the book recommendations: which book are you getting into krh?

Date: August 10, 2015 23:16

CloudCat
CloudCat
or all of them

it seems like it would be a lot of fun and enlightening with great sing-a-longs!

like I said!

sorry to have missed the book recommendations: which book are you getting into krh?

Turner recommended a book to me to help with dyslexia

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 10, 2015 23:23

keefriffhards
CloudCat
CloudCat
or all of them

like I said!

FTW?!

Date: August 10, 2015 23:36

treaclefingers
keefriffhards
CloudCat
CloudCat
or all of them

like I said!

FTW?!

FTW . What is that ?
Basically i left School with nothing, no qualifications because Dyslexia was not understood in my day.
I have learn't a lot since then and continue to do so, but without spell check and constantly looking on line for spellings its hard for me, and takes a long time to write things.
So this helps and i am getting used to typing certain letters without mistakes.

Date: August 10, 2015 23:49

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-10 23:57 by CloudCat.

Date: August 10, 2015 23:56

keefriffhards
treaclefingers
keefriffhards

FTW?!

FTW . What is that ?

he's being a funny: wtf? ftw?

i have a bit of dyslexia myself -- it can be difficult and annoying
.... and surprising!

i walk by a bar several times a week (which could be a joke in itself if i say that i walk into a bra several times a week) that has on its sandwich board outside that they have free wife inside. i found this curious and unusual until a made myself slow down and read that they have free wi-fi inside.

Date: August 11, 2015 00:01

CloudCat
keefriffhards
treaclefingers
keefriffhards

FTW?!

FTW . What is that ?

.... and surprising!

i walk by a bar several times a week (which could be a joke in itself if i say that i walk into a bra several times a week) that has on its sandwich board outside that they have free wife inside. i found this curious and unusual until a made myself slow down and read that they have free wi-fi inside.

Hehe yeah its lots of little things like that all the time, im also colour blind, have ADD and memory issues. But life is good, its all a challenge.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 11, 2015 00:03

I have learn't a lot since then and continue to do so,

That's what IORR all about .....we're all here to help ...

ROCKMAN

Date: August 11, 2015 00:18

keefriffhards
CloudCat
keefriffhards
treaclefingers
keefriffhards

FTW?!

FTW . What is that ?

.... and surprising!

Hehe yeah its lots of little things like that all the time, im also colour blind, have ADD and memory issues. But life is good, its all a challenge.

the rewards are all that much greater then, right?

Date: August 11, 2015 00:29

Cheers Rockman
If you met me you would not know there was much wrong with me, but my wife would tell a different story lol
I get lost everywhere, have no sense of direction, i look alight though winking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 11, 2015 00:33

alight....Geeeez careful someone down throw a bucket of water on ya ...hhhaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: August 11, 2015 00:33

CloudCat
keefriffhards
CloudCat
keefriffhards
treaclefingers
keefriffhards

FTW?!

FTW . What is that ?

.... and surprising!

the rewards are all that much greater then, right?

Yes i tend to forget about it, but its like on here when people confront you its like going back to School and the knee jerk reaction is to over react.
I'm serious when i say i have learned a lot from iorr. Cheers cloudcat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-11 00:34 by keefriffhards.

Date: August 11, 2015 00:36

Rockman
alight....Geeeez careful someone down throw a bucket of water on ya ...hhhaaaa

HAHAA

Date: August 11, 2015 01:00

keefriffhards
Cheers Rockman
If you met me you would not know there was much wrong with me, but my wife would tell a different story lol
I get lost everywhere, have no sense of direction, i look alight though winking smiley

are you an artist? quite often incredible artists have dyslexia, including some who i know personally.

Date: August 11, 2015 01:23

Turner68
keefriffhards
Cheers Rockman

are you an artist? quite often incredible artists have dyslexia, including some who i know personally.

A bit of a piss artists at times lol
But without blowing my own trumpet i write lyrics and poems
Trouble is they are very personal to me and i don't share them with many people.
But i am told they are very good and i believe they are.
I hear songs in my head complete from time to time when i wake up etc
but i am not a good enough musician to record what i hear, and its usually lost within a few hours.

Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: August 11, 2015 09:27

What I have always wondered when "Mick's camp" or "Keith's" camp was used in any iorr post in previous threads is how far these notions have led to being "Institutionalized" within the Stones organization or with respect to all the people involved with the band on a regular basis.

I also got this sense from Keith's book where he tells some examples of people originally hired or found by Mick and then later on "pulled over" by Keith. The same goes for quite a few iorr posters who have worked with the Stones and at one point mentioned in which camp they are/were in. Obviously one of Ronnie's major contributions to the band's survival seems to be his quality to get along with everyone and build bridges between the two alphas.

So does this whole Mick/Keith camp go beyong simply leaning more to one or the other in terms of sympathy or personality-wise?
Are there some invisible lines that everyone in the Stones organization has to balance? btw if there is a thread that deals more with what this organization actually is and how they operate apart from their touring machines, I would be happy to read it!

Cheers

Date: August 11, 2015 20:08

Bluesstone
What I have always wondered when "Mick's camp" or "Keith's" camp was used in any iorr post in previous threads is how far these notions have led to being "Institutionalized" within the Stones organization or with respect to all the people involved with the band on a regular basis.

I also got this sense from Keith's book where he tells some examples of people originally hired or found by Mick and then later on "pulled over" by Keith. The same goes for quite a few iorr posters who have worked with the Stones and at one point mentioned in which camp they are/were in. Obviously one of Ronnie's major contributions to the band's survival seems to be his quality to get along with everyone and build bridges between the two alphas.

So does this whole Mick/Keith camp go beyong simply leaning more to one or the other in terms of sympathy or personality-wise?
Are there some invisible lines that everyone in the Stones organization has to balance? btw if there is a thread that deals more with what this organization actually is and how they operate apart from their touring machines, I would be happy to read it!

Cheers

Great post, now your talking
I remember reading (years ago) the book, The Stones In Their Own Words
At that time you could not separate Mick from Keith in their response to any question that was asked to them
They were like brothers from another mother
I think something happened in their relationship when Mick got serious with Bianca
Mick became this jet set social climber and Keith sank further into addiction,
Well the point is, the notion of camps may of started then.
From what i can gather in from various insiders in the Stones camp, is that these camps actually do exist within the Stones organisation as you say Bluesstone
It has been said on many occasions that its ok to be in Mick or Keith's camp,
but if you try to be in both camps at the same time it can be a disaster
All of a sudden your servises are no longer needed so to speak.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 11, 2015 21:00

Well, if Mick ran a camp it would emphasize vocals and stage presence, Keef's Camp would specialize in guitar playing and how to be a pirate among other things....

Well, since I can't sing and I can play a little guitar, I would choose Kamp Keef.smoking smiley

Date: August 11, 2015 21:08

BluzDude
Well, if Mick ran a camp it would emphasize vocals and stage presence, Keef's Camp would specialize in guitar playing and how to be a pirate among other things....

Well, since I can't sing and I can play a little guitar, I would choose Kamp Keef.smoking smiley

HAHA that's brilliant

Do you think all the misfits and people that are, oh i don't know, just different, love Keith with a passion.
I Know i do
He is something else

There will never be another Keith as long as we live

Dont make em like that any more

So cherish him while he lasts

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: August 11, 2015 22:02

never really prefered any stone over another.

theyve always been a team, the collective parts bigger than the sum of the individual.

but i like charlie for his modesty, think he,s always played a big part in keeping the other members grounded.

always liked the many session musicians and back up musicians too, to many to mention but everyone playing thier part, some bigger than others.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: August 11, 2015 22:53

What if Mick looked like Keith and Keith looked like Mick. Then who's camp would you be in?

Date: August 12, 2015 00:45

josepi
What if Mick looked like Keith and Keith looked like Mick. Then who's camp would you be in?

jezz why should that make a difference, but it kind of does confused smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 12, 2015 01:31

There may be camps within the Stones organization as a whole, but I don't see why there needs to be among fans. You might prefer one or the other for some reason, but that doesn't mean you have to be against either of them. This feels like a fabricated and unnecessary rivalry.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home