Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Should Charlie write a book?
Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: August 7, 2015 11:02

I would really like Charlie to put pen to paper I think it would be a great read by a guy that despite his success has remained "real" throughout.

Re: Should Charlie write a book?
Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: August 7, 2015 11:15

He's already done one...

Date: August 7, 2015 11:18

Really, when?

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 7, 2015 11:23

1964. "ode to a highflying bird"
in tribute to charlie parker.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 7, 2015 11:24

1964. (It was about Charlie Parker.) You can get a hardcover from Amazon for only $1500!

http://www.amazon.com/Ode-Highflying-Bird-Charlie-WATTS/dp/B0026J9XME

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 7, 2015 11:38

Saxophone-players still thinks that they must play as Bird..I'm listening very much to English player Tubby Hayes nowadays...I might write a book about that guy if Charlie does one over his time as a drummer in Stones...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 7, 2015 11:45

Aquamarine
1964. (It was about Charlie Parker.) You can get a hardcover from Amazon for only $1500!

Yeap, I remember in 2011 when I saw Cahrlie in Vienna with his ABC&D, the guy sitting next to me (a member of IORR) got it signed by Charlie.
As for the autobiography, as much as I would love to read such thing, since I think Charlie's view of the whole journey would be absolutely unique and no doubt sincere, I can not see how that might happen, since I can not imagine that such a gentleman as Charlie would tell the whole World the truth and his thoughts about many stories and people that were involved. I doubt that one can write a biography about his life with The Rolling Stones and be a gentlemen all the time. It just doesn't go along with who he is (I think).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-07 11:46 by Happy24.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 7, 2015 12:55

Charlie's book about the Rolling Stones would fit onto a Postcard:

"That's what I do, I play the drums for Keith and Mick, not for me."

(Charlie interview in the 'Stripped TV Special' 1995 - [www.iorr.org] )

smiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 7, 2015 12:57

Charlie is too cool to write books. Recently he said "My techie is a better drummer than me". His statement is already there. But sure it would be fun to see some of his drawings from hotel rooms and travel around the world.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 7, 2015 13:10

Maybe Charlotte Watts gives us one day her view about the things: "My Granddad & his love for Jazz and The Rolling Stones" ....

Date: August 7, 2015 13:21

I think a mix of what BV and Irix alluded to would be great...and compelling for me..

Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: August 7, 2015 13:41

I would go one further and have Charlotte executive produce a documentary film about Charlie, his drawings, his drumming, jazz and the stones. So much of his life is about sight and sound. And I agree with BV. Charlie is too cool to write a book.

Date: August 7, 2015 17:33

Aquamarine

Or you can do like I did and buy 'From One CHarlie' (make sure it's the COMPLETE set, or at least has the book) and save about $1470!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 7, 2015 18:03

A book and an exhibition, featuring his art work.
And for good measure, addd some of Shirley Watts sculpture.

Date: August 7, 2015 18:08

jlowe
A book and an exhibition, featuring his art work.
And for good measure, addd some of Shirley Watts sculpture.

Ah, yes. A museum filled with hotel room sketches and pages from his book. winking smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 7, 2015 18:24

Charlies ambivalence about Stones music certainly doesn't make him a good candidate to write about the Stones but I don't doubt he enjoys literature and his passion for things like jazz and art could probably fill a book.

But I believe a person has to be somewhat outspoken by nature to be an author and Charlie is not the type. People have a hard time getting more that one sentence out of him at a time.

Perhaps if some jazz cat he admired asked him to write a chapter on Mingus or Duke Ellington he'd give it a go but no way is some publisher ever going to persuade him to write about the Stones.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 7, 2015 18:30

I would be more interested in a memoir by Jane Rose!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 7, 2015 18:37

He's seen Mick and Keith show their asses (literally and figuratively) more than anyone!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 8, 2015 09:47

What would be the point at this moment in time.
He is far to much of a gentleman to dish any dirt, and lets face it people want the truth about Mick and Keith, only things Charlie could tell.
Maybe if they retire he can write his book and be honest in his account, on the band and his life. I would buy it for sure and so would many others, but we all know they will never retire so its unlikely the book will be written unless one of the Stones becomes to ill to tour..OMHO

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home