Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Keith in Esquire September 2015
Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: August 8, 2015 17:38

... And I count myself lucky that I had contrarian streak when it came to music. I got sick to death of the "On the eighth day, John and Paul created music" mentality. Consequently I delved into stuff that predated the Beatles — including the trad-pop stuff that influenced *them* — that's more sophisticated than anything they ever did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-08 17:38 by Mel Belli.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 8, 2015 20:22

Imho the Beatles were good craftsmen but horrible musicians. Anyone who covered Beatles' songsdid better than the originals. Nobody can make that claim with Stones songs.
I was just listening to the Gov Mule "Halloween 2009 Stones special" show [www.iorr.org] and it sucks. The notes are here the players are skilled but it sounds horrible.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: August 8, 2015 21:49

Boxed side bit with interview in ESQUIRE print edition (not with Esquire.com version):

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: August 8, 2015 21:55

Title5Take1
Boxed side bit with interview in ESQUIRE print edition (not with Esquire.com version):

Incorrect calculatons in terms of what 'proportion' of Richards' children are models...

Olly.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 8, 2015 22:01

Keith trolling Sgt. Pepper and it gets picked up by virtually every major media. I love it.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 8, 2015 22:22

Olly
Incorrect calculatons in terms of what 'proportion' of Richards' children are models...

Pretty sure both his daughters by Patti have been known to do modeling, do you assert otherwise?

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: August 8, 2015 22:43

Naturalust
Olly

Pretty sure both his daughters by Patti have been known to do modeling, do you assert otherwise?

+ Marlon.

Olly.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 8, 2015 23:06

drbryant
Keith trolling Sgt. Pepper and it gets picked up by virtually every major media. I love it.

But no one admits what he says about sgt pepper is true, its right on the money.
Peppers is an Over rated album. imho.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 9, 2015 17:46

Indeed it is, overrated, completely overrated. I like TSMR better and not only because it´s a Stones-album. TSMR is underrated, completely underrated. It is outstandig good and every time I hear it I am very pleased.

Keith is right, of course, as almost every time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-09 18:01 by HMS.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: August 9, 2015 18:55

Let it be noted that in Look What the Cat Dragged In the cat is "dressed as Sergeant Pepper."

Re: Keith & Her Satanic Peppers Request
Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: August 12, 2015 04:15

stanlove
2120Wolf
The know all mystical guru Keith Richards...speaks again.
Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt.

So now you are a fool if your opinion is different then others? Music is subjective. What next someone is a fool is they don't think Halle Berry is hot?

Who is Halle Berry ???

Keith used to be kool...To me he has become a joke, a parody of himself...on the Disney payroll...just really weak to shoot down Peppers. Especially after eveything they have done is swipped from Chuck & Chess and a host of others...
Without the Beatles kicking down the door he'd be a plumber in Dartford if that.
The Stones are just to hyped up nowadays...He really should of thought about what he was saying...Just like jabbing Mick in his book...

Think about it, his knowledge of music and he comes up with this comment.
If he said that it is the greatest album ever you would jump right on that wagon too.

Keith Richards...The Village Idiot

Date: August 12, 2015 04:18

dcba
Imho the Beatles were good craftsmen but horrible musicians. Anyone who covered Beatles' songsdid better than the originals. Nobody can make that claim with Stones songs.
I was just listening to the Gov Mule "Halloween 2009 Stones special" show [www.iorr.org] and it sucks. The notes are here the players are skilled but it sounds horrible.

Horrible Musicians ???
I thought they were pretty good...Which Beatles were you listening to ???
I may have missed the horrible version ???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-12 21:41 by 2120Wolf.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 12, 2015 17:01

2120Wolf
stanlove
2120Wolf
Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt.

So now you are a fool if your opinion is different then others? Music is subjective. What next someone is a fool is they don't think Halle Berry is hot?

Who is Halle Berry ???

Keith used to be kool...To me he has become a joke, a parody of himself...on the Disney payroll...just really weak to shoot down Peppers. Especially after eveything they have done is swipped from Chuck & Chess and a host of others...
Without the Beatles kicking down the door he'd be a plumber in Dartford if that.
The Stones are just to hyped up nowadays...He really should of thought about what he was saying...Just like jabbing Mick in his book...

If he said that it is the greatest album ever you would jump right on that wagon too.

Congradulations 2120Wolf you must be 100% accurate because no one has disputed your comments………………(yet) winking smileywinking smileywinking smiley

Re: Keith in Esquire
Date: August 12, 2015 21:28

Koen
In any event, the whole world is talking about it, so more sales for Esquire and Keith's new album.

Mission accomplished.

Yes the 3rd. release of a mish mash of rubbish by Keith Richards !!!
I really doubt if the whole world is talking about it...

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 12, 2015 21:37

This interview will not affect the sales of the album. On release day all this is long forgotten. Not even Keith will remember.

Date: August 12, 2015 21:39

Maindefender
2120Wolf
stanlove
2120Wolf

Who is Halle Berry ???

Congradulations 2120Wolf you must be 100% accurate because no one has disputed your comments………………(yet) winking smileywinking smileywinking smiley

Maindefender...Yes the bullets and daggers are coming !!!...
Thing is...I have been into Keith for so F'ing long, this was a tough one to hear.
I am thinking it was off the cuff and he just wants to keep a freindly rivalry going...he just likes to take shots...The Elton shot was accurate, but to hit Mick below the belt and Bonham and Page and the Sargeant...Relax Keith you solidified your place.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: August 13, 2015 00:09

Bonham? Yeah, what a guy he was.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 13, 2015 20:01

HMS
This interview will not affect the sales of the album. On release day all this is long forgotten. Not even Keith will remember.

Yeh, the trouble is some people taking the interviews too seriously...or some of the comments too literaly.
John Lennon used to come out with some really stupid statements eg ".....taking a thousand (LSD) trips".....of course it got him lots of press coverage at the time.

The interviewers don'
t help matters, rarely challenging the views and comments of the celebrity concerned. I mean at worst they can only walk out of the interviews if they took umbrage...now there would be an interesting story.

Date: August 14, 2015 02:09

jlowe
HMS

Yeh, the trouble is some people taking the interviews too seriously...or some of the comments too literaly.
John Lennon used to come out with some really stupid statements eg ".....taking a thousand (LSD) trips".....of course it got him lots of press coverage at the time.

The interviewers don'
t help matters, rarely challenging the views and comments of the celebrity concerned. I mean at worst they can only walk out of the interviews if they took umbrage...now there would be an interesting story.

That is correct the interviewer should have responded "What are you an idiot Peppers is a mish mash of rubbish"...I mean come on the interviewer tells Keith that he brought a mini-joint just in case...interviewing Keith and he shows up with a mini-joint !!!...and then writes about...it sounds to me like they were both numbskulling it that day...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-14 02:10 by 2120Wolf.

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: August 16, 2015 02:24

Great Keith interview, back on form with some fresh witty answers.
The stuff on Bill was interesting. Mick sent a note - by that I'd imagine
it was an email. The Penge station quote I didn't really
understand..... because they clearly would mind if that happened because that
would be even further from the facts.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 16, 2015 13:11

No Esquire for sale here, in my oustkirts of Oblivion -
some fellow IORRian care to chip in, and get me a copy (all expenses will be paid, naturally)?

Chrz - smileys with beer

Date: August 16, 2015 13:16

RoughJusticeOnYa
No Esquire for sale here, in my oustkirts of Oblivion -
some fellow IORRian care to chip in, and get me a copy (all expenses will be paid, naturally)?

Chrz - smileys with beer

P.S.: as far as I can tell, this Q&A with Keef is only published in the USA-mag (not in the UK's edition), true?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 16, 2015 13:19

Esquire interview posted here --- [www.iorr.org]

ROCKMAN

Date: August 16, 2015 13:31

Rockman
Esquire interview posted here --- [www.iorr.org]

... Yeah; thanx Rockman (& Voja)!!

But I'm kind of a fetisjist - I long for 'hard copy'... smoking smiley

So, if anyone can help me out with that...?

P.S.: am I right in assuming this article is NOT in the UK-Esquire?
there's loads of 'em on eBay; only from the USA, the rates for S&H are r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s... (about 20 $ to Europe, for a mag that is sold for 2 bucks!)

UK postal rates are far more interesting; but as said, I'm not quite sure whether tha article is in that one or not.

Date: August 17, 2015 13:39

RoughJusticeOnYa

am I right in assuming this article is NOT in the UK-Esquire?

...Anyone?

RoughJusticeOnYa

Chrz - smileys with beer

...Anyone (bis)?

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 20, 2015 20:42

what a great interview! you can tell keith is back in shape.

his answers when talking about mick and especially brian are thoughtful and really show his true spirit,a really soulful person,not at all the angry and bitter drunk keith we've seen too much of,he's the old keith again and it's good to have him back.

and bashing that overrated sgt pepper crap that has been sold as rock and roll greatness by the media and the wacko beatleheads for far too long was classic.
keith just had the guts to point out the elephant in the room. as far as rock and roll is concerned,the beatles just weren't that good.

they had no live act to speak of[this is where the mop top zombie squad list the bars they played in germany and the "tours" of 20 minute sets across america in the early 60's,at which point i laugh and/or yawn]

the records don't hold up-saying "number 9" number 9" over and over for 10 minutes may have been really groovy in the 60's but like most of the acid laced vaudville music they put out then,it basically sucked.

anyone of 20 bands from england could have come to america in the early 60's and been the "band that started it all".the beatles actually didnt start anything they just got here first.if they would've come 3rd or 5th they would be held in the same regard as the dave clark five.

beatleheads across social media were attacking keith for days,"how dare you speak ill of the scared ones and their masterpiece,this is an outrage"
sorry guys,you're myth just got the garage wall treatment.

Posted by: kid killowatt ()
Date: August 20, 2015 20:49

This

lem motlow

Posted by: witterings ()
Date: August 20, 2015 22:42

lem motlow

his answers when talking about mick and especially brian are thoughtful and really show his true spirit,a really soulful person,not at all the angry and bitter drunk keith we've seen too much of,he's the old keith again and it's good to have him back.

and bashing that overrated sgt pepper crap that has been sold as rock and roll greatness by the media and the wacko beatleheads for far too long was classic.
keith just had the guts to point out the elephant in the room. as far as rock and roll is concerned,the beatles just weren't that good.

they had no live act to speak of[this is where the mop top zombie squad list the bars they played in germany and the "tours" of 20 minute sets across america in the early 60's,at which point i laugh and/or yawn]

the records don't hold up-saying "number 9" number 9" over and over for 10 minutes may have been really groovy in the 60's but like most of the acid laced vaudville music they put out then,it basically sucked.

anyone of 20 bands from england could have come to america in the early 60's and been the "band that started it all".the beatles actually didnt start anything they just got here first.if they would've come 3rd or 5th they would be held in the same regard as the dave clark five.

beatleheads across social media were attacking keith for days,"how dare you speak ill of the scared ones and their masterpiece,this is an outrage"
sorry guys,you're myth just got the garage wall treatment.

Lem, that was a good one!>grinning smiley<

It`s nice to be here, .....

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: August 20, 2015 23:55

keefriffhards
drbryant

But no one admits what he says about sgt pepper is true, its right on the money.
Peppers is an Over rated album. imho.

EVERYTHING the Beatles did was overrated. VASTLY so

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: August 20, 2015 23:56

2120Wolf
stanlove
2120Wolf

Who is Halle Berry ???

Wolf, The Worldwide Idiot

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home