Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
New book?: The Murder Of Brian Jones By Tom Keylock & Thomas Gerrard
Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: August 15, 2015 06:12

The Murder Of Brian Jones By Tom Keylock & Thomas Gerrard / Geoffrey Giuliano

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-15 06:16 by terraplane.

Re: New book?: The Murder Of Brian Jones By Tom Keylock & Thomas Gerrard
Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: August 15, 2015 06:26

terraplane
The Murder Of Brian Jones By Tom Keylock & Thomas Gerrard / Geoffrey Giuliano

[www.youtube.com]

Great. The conspiracy kooks should be all over it. Conspiracy usually sells well.

Posted by: Myteem32 ()
Date: August 15, 2015 06:49

Sorry Geoffrey...you seem so creepy...self serving sensationalist...no thanx

Date: August 15, 2015 07:05

Interesting topic. Too bad I hate Guilliano's 'interview CDs' that consist of his pretentious voice giving a minute-long intro for a thirty-second clip...I just may have to check this book out, though!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 15, 2015 13:29

No thanks.

Posted by: Poetry ()
Date: August 15, 2015 15:13

I watched the interview. Do not like the guy - seems to think too much about himself, but he does say balanced things abiut Brian's strengths and shortcomings in music/ overindulding in drugs, problems handling fame, ripping the band of a share in earnings.
As for the murder theory - it has its merits - whether it is true or not is another thing. Still, very bold of hiom to say outright Keylock murdered Jones... He is dead now as well.

However, there is one question that arose from the interview for me: Did Brian legally own the band name?

Re: No thanks
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 15, 2015 15:22

Even if Brian ever had any legal claim to the band name,
I don't believe Allen Klein would've left it that way
when he took over the business management.

Posted by: Poetry ()
Date: August 15, 2015 15:30

Me too, that is why I am asking.

Date: August 15, 2015 16:51

There appears to be nothing that shows or proves Brian, as an individual, owned the band name. This angle, I think a relatively recent one at that, just seems to be a speculative thing.

Brian's last interview does not show any hint of him having any intention of trying to keep the band name.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 15, 2015 19:47

His Majesty
There appears to be nothing that shows or proves Brian, as an individual, owned the band name. This angle, I think a relatively recent one at that, just seems to be a speculative thing.

Brian's last interview does not show any hint of him having any intention of trying to keep the band name.

If he owned the name certainly there would be some legal documents about him trademarking it or something that would have surfaced by now, no? And wouldn't his estate own it in the event of his death? In any case I think you are right that Brian had no intention of trying to hold onto it. And he was apparently planning on attending the Hyde Park show in show of support for his ex-band mates still using the name...doesn't sound to me like that was an issue.

The first 5 minutes of that video about the book are great but as soon as the author starts talking it becomes a bit much, imo. His statements that Keylock was standing by the pool directing a couple of thugs to hold his legs and arms for 5 or 6 minutes is likely the product of a vivid imagination.

That being said, both Thorogood and Keylock give me the creeps and one of the real tragedies about Brian is that he didn't surround himself with better quality people. I've read all the conspiracies and my best guess is that Thorogood was involved, rough play that turned into a tragic manslaughter, not quite a premeditated murder and not quite an unassisted accident.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: August 15, 2015 19:53

Naturalust

...my best guess is that Thorogood was involved, rough play that turned into a tragic manslaughter, not quite a premeditated murder and not quite an unassisted accident.

Can you expand on this? What do you think the reason was for Thorogood's 'rough play'?

Olly.

Date: August 15, 2015 20:10

Olly
Naturalust

...my best guess is that Thorogood was involved, rough play that turned into a tragic manslaughter, not quite a premeditated murder and not quite an unassisted accident.

Can you expand on this? What do you think the reason was for Thorogood's 'rough play'?

I'm just speculating but I think they were just stoned and drunk, People in such condition tend to get exaggeratedly physical at times and Thorogood probably enjoyed bashing Brian around a bit to work out some of his frustrations from dealing with a rich, spoiled, handsome rock star plus the alleged firing and/or payment issues from his construction work.

One of the ladies who was there testified that she told them they were in no condition to go swimming. Add a little anger/resentment/jealousy/frustration on Thorogood's part and you have all the elements for rough play. Hell, I've had a few bosses I would love to repeatedly dunk given the opportunity.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: August 15, 2015 20:17

Interesting, Naturalust.

I must confess that it's an episode I know very little about. I have never previously considered there was any foul play, although I know others have persistently argued otherwise.

Olly.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 15, 2015 20:24

Wow...and I can hardly wait for another new book on WWII!

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: August 15, 2015 20:34

Pass

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: August 15, 2015 20:41

What is this crap? I mean, come on. Tom Keylock knew that Mick, Keith and Charlie wanted to get rid of Brian Jones because he had the legal rights to the use of the name "The Rolling Stones" (which he didn't) and got a few blokes (unnamed, by the way) to kill Brian Jones - all because Tom Keylock was ambitious and thought that getting rid of Brian Jones would earn him some more respect by Mick, Keith and Charlie? That is just some baseless speculation, which is the very definition of a conspiracy theory I guess. And this is probably the most stupid conspiracy theory I've ever heard in my life. Now, I've heard other theories, which I don't believe, but is much more plausible - that Brian simply owed Tom Keylock money, they had an argument at the pool and Tom Keylock somehow made sure that Brian drowned. But there's not a shred of evidence (nor a witness) to support that claim either. If you absolutely must write yet another book on the subject, at least provide some proof or evidence. Otherwise, it's pointless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-15 20:43 by The Worst..

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 15, 2015 21:22

What Did Keylock do to support himself after he was fired from the Stones? I think he also worked for the Beatles but that position probably didn't last too long.

Date: August 15, 2015 23:08

swimtothemoon
What Did Keylock do to support himself after he was fired from the Stones? I think he also worked for the Beatles but that position probably didn't last too long.

"Soon after Jones’s death, Keylock left the Stones’ employment to start his own transport company. He was a devoted family man who was married for 58 years. He was a keen football fan who was at one time chairman of Beaconsfield FC. During the 1980s he worked for the England football team, transporting the kit and laying it out for the players in the Wembley dressing room before a game."

from timesonline.co.uk

Date: August 15, 2015 23:13

Naturalust
swimtothemoon

"Soon after Jones’s death, Keylock left the Stones’ employment to start his own transport company. He was a devoted family man who was married for 58 years. He was a keen football fan who was at one time chairman of Beaconsfield FC. During the 1980s he worked for the England football team, transporting the kit and laying it out for the players in the Wembley dressing room before a game."

from timesonline.co.uk

I didn't know devoted means cheating.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 15, 2015 23:23

Naturalust
swimtothemoon

"Soon after Jones’s death, Keylock left the Stones’ employment to start his own transport company. He was a devoted family man who was married for 58 years. He was a keen football fan who was at one time chairman of Beaconsfield FC. During the 1980s he worked for the England football team, transporting the kit and laying it out for the players in I II the Wembley dressing room before a game."

from timesonline.co.uk

Devoted family man??
From what I have read, Keylock was having an affair with Nurse Janet Lawson who subseqently had his child.
Of course the Stones PR machine kept this quiet at the time.
Which doesnt help matters when years later some of the truths start to emerge.

Anna Wholin never mentions Keylock as being present...only later......to do his bonfire act. I am inclined to believe her....

Date: August 15, 2015 23:39

jlowe

Anna Wholin never mentions Keylock as being present...only later......to do his bonfire act. I am inclined to believe her....

She has said a lot of things, I doubt everything. grinning smiley

Date: August 15, 2015 23:53

His Majesty
jlowe

She has said a lot of things, I doubt everything. grinning smiley

As one of the resident Brian experts here who has obviously read a lot on the subject of his life and death, I am curious as to what you have come to believe of the events surrounding his death and whether you believe it was just an unfortunate accident. Thanks.

As you probably know, Charlie has said he thinks Brian was just stoned and fell asleep in his very warm pool and drowned. Kind of fits Keylocks comments about hash cakes being consumed that day. zzzzz

Date: August 16, 2015 00:19

I'm open to there being foul play, it seems quite possible there was, but I side most towards Charlie's view on it. Falling asleep, or holding his breath too long and falling unconscious whilst in the water or something along those lines. I think his daughter believes this and through her mother she has insight in to how he was that many others won't have.

It's very easy to die and his body had taken quite a battering. He supposedly had collapsed a number of times during 1967 - 1969, so if that happened whilst he was swimming and no one was there or willing to help him or didn't help him fast enough, then death would have come quickly.

Death by misadventure fits anyway as it was a misadventure to get in a hot pool in his condition and with the rats that surrounded him.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-16 00:24 by His Majesty.

Date: August 16, 2015 06:16

Still, why did Thomas Richard Keylock lie, for most of his life, about not being in Cotchford at the time of the events and also about that sworn affidavit (Thorogood's deathbed "confession" to him alone)? Too many strange things: Keylock burning Brian's clothes the morning after, telling Anna Wohlin and Janet Lawson to keep their mouths shut? I am by nature an skeptical person, but I believe something we don't know happened that night in Cotchford. Like Rawlings, I think he was definetely killed, but not in a premeditated way: an "I'll teach that son of a %&$#/ a lesson" kind of thing that went too far, followed by a pact of silence between all the ones that were involved. Spooky.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: August 16, 2015 06:40

Possibly they were roughing him up in the pool and it brought on an asthma attack?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 16, 2015 06:43

Keylock finally admitted, in his last interview with Terry Rawlings a year before his death, to having been at Cotchford Farm. However, he doesn't specify being there that night. Just that he answers to "for 40 years, people want to know where I was". He was quite clever in dancing around the facts, so as not to give himself away completely.

Keylock interview clip: [www.youtube.com]

Whatever the case, I would say that Giuliano is the literary equivalent of a graffiti artist. The painted abstractions he sprays on his subjects doesn't need to be there.

Someone above asked if Keylock worked for the Beatles. He operated a chauffeur service before becoming involved with the Stones. In the Bob Dylan movie Don't Look Back, when John Lennon and Dylan are seen riding in the back of a limousine, Keylock was the driver. If you watch the full-length outtake of Lennon and Dylan's conversation on YouTube, at one point Bob asks Keylock a question, calling him by his first name, and you see the camera on Keylock as he answers.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 16, 2015 11:59

Oswald did it. Others possibly in the Mexican and/or Cuban embassies might have known he wanted to do it. But yeah, Oswald did it. The only question remaining is where was he headed when he left the Texas School Book Depository and set out with his jacket and pistol? Was there the slightest possibility he believed if he could get to the Mexican border someone would be there to help him across? Forget everything else you've heard. This comes recently from one of the attorney's who worked on the Warren Report. Recently unclassified documents show Oswald most likely did visit the Mexican and/or Cuban embassies. The attorney said if he'd know it at the time, 1964, he would have interviewed the people in those embassies.

Brian? Who gives a toss?

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: August 16, 2015 16:11

"Brian? Who gives a toss?"
He children do.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 16, 2015 21:13

Get over it. Brian was in a bad way physically. No myth-making sensationalism, no murders. It's sad but true. Brian drowned in an accident.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-17 12:29 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: August 16, 2015 23:23

24FPS
Oswald did it. Others possibly in the Mexican and/or Cuban embassies might have known he wanted to do it. But yeah, Oswald did it. The only question remaining is where was he headed when he left the Texas School Book Depository and set out with his jacket and pistol? Was there the slightest possibility he believed if he could get to the Mexican border someone would be there to help him across? Forget everything else you've heard. This comes recently from one of the attorney's who worked on the Warren Report. Recently unclassified documents show Oswald most likely did visit the Mexican and/or Cuban embassies. The attorney said if he'd know it at the time, 1964, he would have interviewed the people in those embassies.
Might want to do a bit more research on that. Case not closed.
As for Brian, i don't know.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1688
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home