Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: start me up - berlin, playback or who's playing at 01:55 ?
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 6, 2015 15:00

Happy24

Keith is probably pointing at the Clock tower opposite the entrance to the Waldbuhne - the place where the picture of the WB, which is the background of the picture you posted, was probably taken from. Maybe he said something like: "We are right on time." :-)

It's the Bell Tower (german: Glockenturm) which you can see from the Waldbühne, but this tower has unfortunately no clock - it must have been something different in conjunction with the Bell Tower .... maybe: "Would be a nice B-Stage up there." smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-06 15:10 by Irix.

Re: Start me up, Berlin - Keith or Ronnie on guitar?
Posted by: tioms ()
Date: August 6, 2015 15:05

That was me, to assist him when he is out of controle.
Goodnight, sleep thight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-06 15:11 by tioms.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 6, 2015 15:19

Irix
Happy24

Keith is probably pointing at the Clock tower opposite the entrance to the Waldbuhne - the place where the picture of the WB, which is the background of the picture you posted, was probably taken from. Maybe he said something like: "We are right on time." :-)

It's the Bell Tower (german: Glockenturm) which you can see from the Waldbühne, but this tower has unfortunately no clock - it must have been something different in conjunction with the Bell Tower .... maybe: "Would be a nice B-Stage up there." smiling smiley

Yeap, thanks for the clarification - "Glock" and "Clock" got somehow mixed up in my mind, but it is not the same :-)

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: August 6, 2015 22:32

Naturalust
Who cares who's playing then. That WTF! gesture from Mick after Keith nails him with the guitar is priceless! Completely spontaneous and he recovers very quickly realizing the show has started...and what a start.

Funny sounds like he even says yea i'm alright

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 7, 2015 04:46

they still say "ladies and gentlemen the rolling stones" in English even when they play in Germany. interesting.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: August 20, 2015 01:25

turns out there was no collision.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 20, 2015 01:40

sundevil
turns out there was no collision.

[www.youtube.com]

Page 1

indystonesfan
GasLightStreet
with sssoul
Hope this link works - here's a bunch of youtube clips of the Berlin Start Me Up: [www.google.co.uk]
(Not being obsessed I haven't watched any of them. My vote goes to: It's Ronnie & Darryl playing as usual.)

Nice! So Keith was not near hitting Mick with his guitar. From the first video it looks as if he missed Mick by inches.

The perspective is what causes the confusion. The first video shows it as a near collision. Many of the others reveal Mick reacting from the side and clearly not even being close to keith's fender. Also, the other angles reveal a better sound and video. Watch those a few times and you see and hear Ronnie playing and filling-in the sound. Then keith strums again and you hear the distinct tone difference. It was just Ronnie doing what he always does in the past few years-playing rock steady.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 20, 2015 15:00

this is a fine example of why i love the glimmer twins so much ,warts and all .they are not perfect they are mortals like the rest of us .

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 20, 2015 15:03

how old is this venue in Berlin?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 20, 2015 15:46

Started building it in 1934. It took 2 years to build, I think.

Edit: Opened with the Olympics in '36.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-20 15:47 by MingSubu.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 20, 2015 16:50

TheGreek

how old is this venue in Berlin?

On August 2, 2016 the 'Waldbühne Berlin' turns 80 years - more informations in Wikipedia .

Official website: [www.waldbuehne-berlin.de] .

The Stones played there for the first time 50 years ago - on September 15, 1965 (and then in 1982, 1998 and 2014).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-20 17:00 by Irix.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: August 20, 2015 17:13

imo : neither of them (ron or keith) is playing the main guitarriff during the song. then ron comes in with the solo playing in the middle of the song.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: August 20, 2015 17:33

imo : neither of them (ron or keith) is playing the main guitarriff during the song. then ron comes in with the solo playing in the middle of the song.

What a load of bollocks.

Date: August 20, 2015 17:39

Ah. I wondered what Jimmy Page was doing that week.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: August 20, 2015 17:43

What a cool venue! Especially thinking about seeing an 82 show there!

Date: August 21, 2015 00:40

Bastion

What a load of bollocks.

I mean i just studied the clip and it was definitely not Ronnie playing the riff,(he played the solo off course), AND there were moments that keith was out of the riff-groove so to speak...

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 21, 2015 00:48

Bastion

What a load of bollocks.

I mean i just studied the clip and it was definitely not Ronnie playing the riff,(he played the solo off course), AND there were moments that keith was out of the riff-groove so to speak...

So are you saying i was right in the first place

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 21, 2015 00:54

Bastion

What a load of bollocks.

you're wrong. look again. also, listen to almost any performance of start me up since 1989, ronnie almost always comes in at the same time.

Date: August 21, 2015 11:17

keefriffhards
Bastion

What a load of bollocks.

So are you saying i was right in the first place

i guess so...
the question is is it KR that is playing the main riff all the time.. maybe i have to liten more closely..

Date: August 21, 2015 11:38

Ronnie is playing the root chords (C/F) like he always does at that point.

But he plays them a bit sloppier than usual, and he doesn't get all the strings to ring.

It's as simple as that smiling smiley

PS: Keith was pretty close to another scarf me up-gate there winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-21 11:38 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: August 21, 2015 15:28

Bastion

What a load of bollocks.

Well considering I was in the front row, in person, I'm saying your original statement is a load of bollocks.

Date: August 21, 2015 15:29

DandelionPowderman

But he plays them a bit sloppier than usual, and he doesn't get all the strings to ring.

I've only been to 2 shows, and they were both scarf me up's sad smiley

Date: August 21, 2015 15:41

Bastion
DandelionPowderman

I've only been to 2 shows, and they were both scarf me up's sad smiley

Strangely enough, HP1 was my only one. But don't get me started on Brown Sugar-gates on the BB-tour...

Date: August 21, 2015 21:19

So many gates...

Why can't it be inns or tons or iotts or...

Date: August 22, 2015 09:28

Bastion
Bastion

What a load of bollocks.

Well considering I was in the front row, in person, I'm saying your original statement is a load of bollocks.

you mean wrong ? smiling smiley

Date: August 22, 2015 09:31

Bastion
Bastion

What a load of bollocks.

you often see things better on the computerscreen than in reality, dont you...

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 22, 2015 09:43

I was in 4th or 5th row, but that doesn't matter, one doesn't remember each and every second. But in the clip I can clearly HEAR that after Keith plays the first riff (wrongly), the second guitar (Ronnie) comes in and Keith stops playing for a while (when he hits Mick), and you can only hear Ronnie playing the B chord shuffle. When I open my eyes, I SEE exactly the same thing. What I hear and see in the clip is absolutely in sych and there is no other guitar. Don't you SEE Ronnie hitting the guitar 3x before he disappears from the view? And don't you hear that?

Date: August 22, 2015 17:36

I am deepley sorry if i am wrong , and I certainly did not mean to upset you all so much.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1103
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home