Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

snippet of brown sugar (L.A. 1973) in tv-doc about punk 1979
Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: July 31, 2015 23:30

hi,

just saw this, never seen it that clear in a video,
sorry it is just a snippet...

watch from 0:25...

[www.youtube.com]

Re: snippet of brown sugar (L.A. 1973) in tv-doc about punk 1979
Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: July 31, 2015 23:47

nicaraguan benefit. release the wholw show

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: August 1, 2015 04:59

DoctorFreddie
nicaraguan benefit. release the wholw show

this show makes sense as part of the vaults series.
rare songs, special event...the missing MR encore would also be great to see/hear.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 1, 2015 07:40

For years, that footage of Brown Sugar had some fans believing that this event was filmed. I later learned that the media was given access to film during the first song and that this is all there is.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: August 1, 2015 10:11

drbryant
For years, that footage of Brown Sugar had some fans believing that this event was filmed. I later learned that the media was given access to film during the first song and that this is all there is.

I do not want to raise any false hopes here but to me it looks like a professional film/recording. If it was a media film by some news station there would not be different angles, and certainly there would be no soundboard soundtrack. Therefore most probably the entire concert was filmed and recorded professionally.

Compared to footage of the concert at Stuttgart Killesberg in 1970 (also a snippet of 'Brown sugar') which was broadcast some time ago on German television SWR you see the difference: There was only one camera, and the sound came from its microfone, so this was a typical newsreel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-01 10:18 by saltoftheearth.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: August 1, 2015 10:48

What different angles?

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: August 10, 2015 20:10

thomashanck
hi,

just saw this, never seen it that clear in a video,
sorry it is just a snippet...

watch from 0:25...

[www.youtube.com]

I'm not aware of any LA shows in 1973 other than a Jan 18 one -night stand at the Forum to raise money for Nicaragua earthquake victims. That show featured Santana, Cheech and Chong, and the Stones. The subtitle on the screen reads January 1973, and they opened that show with BS, so this must be from that show. It's the only footage I've seen from it. Someone who posted a later entry wrote that in those days news cameras were allowed in front of the stage during the opening number. The clip in the YouTube post may have been shot by a local LA TV station. Editing could make it look like it was shot with multiple cameras. I don't think that show was videotaped or recorded.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1966
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home