Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Celebrities at Stones Shows
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 3, 2005 23:10

Not sure if this topic has been addressed in previous years. I always read about famous celebrities being spotted at Stones shows. Have any of you had any sightings? I had a couple minor sightings in Vancouver. Met former NBA star Bill Walton in 89 and saw David Duchovny in 94. X Files was in it's first season of filming in Vancouver and I knew who he was but the girl I was with didn't know him or the show.

Re: Celebrities at Stones Shows
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 3, 2005 23:12

go to a theatre show and theres more celebrities than fans!

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 3, 2005 23:13

Giants stadium ,,howard stern,,,in 02

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: August 3, 2005 23:16

The only real celebrities at a Stones show are...the Stones.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 3, 2005 23:56

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> go to a theatre show and theres more celebrities
> than fans!

Too true, and one celeb in particular that I really do dislike is a BBC Radio 2 DJ called Jonathan Ross. He was a guest celeb at the Astoria gig on the Licks Tour, and through the medium of his radio show let listeners know that the ONLY reason he "bothered" to go to the Astoria was to see the support band; if my memory serves me well it was the Thrills. He then went on to say that he left after the gig the Stones had played about two songs.

I have two problems with this. As someone who queued up for over 24 hours and ultimately failed to get in to the Astoria, I'm obviously a bit sore at the fact that a useful ticket or place in the gig went to such waste. The second thing is, I really don't think there's place for a working DJ occupying a prime time Saturday morning slot on ostensibly the UK's most popular radio station to be quite so vociferous on the subject of his personal musical taste, and for that matter - quite so openly scathing in his criticism for the Stones. I just don't think it's appropriate.

Posted by: lonecrapshooter ()
Date: August 4, 2005 00:03

Jack Nicholson and Lenny Kravtiz at MSG. Lenny was sitting in SEC 118 and Mick gave him a nod when he was on that side.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 4, 2005 00:13

Plenty of heavy makeup and a well positioned wig and I usually dont get recognised.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 4, 2005 00:14

Sorry, I meant to say "He then went on to say that he left the gig after the Stones had played about two songs".

What a waste. I would have LOVED to have been in there, and to hear someone say they really weren't that "bothered" and left after just two songs ........... well it's just out of order I honestly do think.

Posted by: tylerdurden2001 ()
Date: August 4, 2005 00:17

Jimmy Mulville at Wembley in 1990

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: August 4, 2005 00:26

James Gandolfini (Sopranos) at MSG broadcast show

Posted by: R ()
Date: August 4, 2005 01:12

I sat across the aisle from John Kerry at the DC show in 1997. He was not pleased to be among the "great unwashed." He left before the b-stage and missed a bitchin' "Crazy Mama." During the election I learned he had one of those at home.

DC in '94 there was a special elevated VIP thingy where I clearly saw Jack Nicholson and Nils Lofgren.

Date: August 4, 2005 02:12

that 1st show in 94 ,,Nickelson got a ride to his front row seat in a golf cart

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: August 4, 2005 02:14

On Jan 15, 1998 I was at the Stones MSG show and Steven Tyler stood 15 feet away from my seat, watching the band, then he and his wife and Joe Perry trotted back stage. Also at that same show was Donald Trump, about 25 feet away, in the loge to the right of the stage. He was yelling the lyrics to START ME UP which was quite a sight!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 4, 2005 02:34

...the same guy who in his autobiography wrote so unfavourably and demeaningly about the band when they played Atlantic City at the PPV show in '89..I think he 'complained' about they way they smelled and their skin pallor.

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: August 4, 2005 03:05

Keaunu Reeves was at a Chicago U2 show this last May I was attending, although I've only seen the Stones in Ohio and there aren't that many celebrities here.

and don't talk badly about Kerry. He's much more of a rock fan than our current embarrassement of a president. He even talked in depth about how great the Stones are in a GQ interview this past october. I'm sure Dubya doesn't know anything past 'Satisfaction.'

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: August 4, 2005 03:24

I have been to Vegas on three tours 94,97, 2002 and I have seen heather locklear all three times, and these people at one time or another in Vegas.

Kelsey Grammer

Peter Wolf

Aerosmith

Marg H. From CSI

Date: August 4, 2005 03:26

now i like heather

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: August 4, 2005 03:33

Richard Beltzer ( or his twin <<shudder>>) at Licks first Twickenham.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 4, 2005 04:29

Peter Wolf at the Orpheum - I was outside, standing in a line trying to (unsuccessfully) score a ticket - Peter was a regular customer at Tower where I worked at the time, & said "Hey," as he passed me...and walked right in....I should have said, "Hey, Peter, wait up...If you can get me in I'll give you a 20% discount on your next purchase!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-04 05:56 by john r.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: August 4, 2005 04:59

Jack Nicolson and Chris Elliot at the Annaheim Pond in '99

Steven Tyler and the blond guy from Aerosmith at Comiskey Park in '02 (a nearby fan thought Tyler was Chrissy Hynde from the Pretenders!)

Ran into Benecio del Toro in the smoking area at the Wiltern '02, and saw Sugar Ray Leonard and Eddie Murphy in the halls and corridors there. Tom Petty was up in the balcony (along with a lot of other celebs I couldn't see).

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: August 4, 2005 05:02

Oh and Mark McGrath was pushed up in front of me front row B stage at the San Jose Arena in '99 (his band Sugar Ray opened up). His fat head was in front of mine the whole time but he was nice later on...

I agree that the Stones are more exciting than any of the celebs that attend!

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: August 4, 2005 05:31

R Wrote:
> I sat across the aisle from John Kerry at the DC
> show in 1997. He was not pleased to be among the
> "great unwashed." He left before the b-stage and
> missed a bitchin' "Crazy Mama." During the
> election I learned he had one of those at home.
>
> DC in '94 there was a special elevated VIP thingy
> where I clearly saw Jack Nicholson and Nils
> Lofgren.

and how many stones shows did your "working class hero" Bush sttend?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-04 05:32 by martingo.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 4, 2005 05:57

Jack Nicholson seems to go to a lot of Stones shows!

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: August 4, 2005 07:16

Doesn't it seem like Nicholson (and Tyler) show up awfully often?

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: August 4, 2005 08:17

martingo Wrote:
> R Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I sat across the aisle from John Kerry at the
> DC
> > show in 1997. He was not pleased to be among
> the
> > "great unwashed." He left before the b-stage
> and
> > missed a bitchin' "Crazy Mama." During the
> > election I learned he had one of those at
> home.
> >
> > DC in '94 there was a special elevated VIP
> thingy
> > where I clearly saw Jack Nicholson and Nils
> > Lofgren.
>
> and how many stones shows did your "working class
> hero" Bush sttend?
>

Typical dumb-ass response. Everyone knows Kerry's wife (worth close to $600 million) or his first wife (another millionaire family he married into) or his birth family (pretty well-off) bought the tickets. I'd say he's a typical
working-class boy, don't you? Your point being...what?

Posted by: main offender ()
Date: August 4, 2005 08:37

Michael Keaton '89, Alice Cooper '97

Posted by: Rondafaye2 ()
Date: August 4, 2005 08:48

At the Anaheim show last tour we saw Rhea Perlman from Cheers. Also, our tickets were toward the side of the stage, and we saw Elizabeth Jagger, Keith's daughters, and (I think) Leah Wood dancing at the side of the stage throughout the show. They looked like they were having a great time.

We were lucky enough to get Wiltern tickets and I sat next to Andy Garcia. He was not friendly and was not nearly as handsome as he is on film. At that show, there were lots of celebrities. We saw Slash, one of the Eagles, Tom Waites, Angelica Houston, Tom Petty, Eddie Murphy (who bitched about his seats), Peter Boyle, Kelly Lynch, Patti Hansen, and I can't remember who else. It made me realize how lucky we were to get seats, because it was clearly an "industry" night.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: August 4, 2005 09:03

I met Truman Capote and whom I now believe was some princess that was with him at the Kansas City show in '72'.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: Blueyz12002 ()
Date: August 4, 2005 09:12

I was lucky enough to be chosen from the lottery style drawing for the free show last tour at Staples Center in Los Angeles to bring attention to global warming. Bill Clinton addressed the audience and then stayed to rock with the boys from the front row. In 94 saw attorney Shapiro of OJ Simpson dream team fame in the front row along with (but not attending with) a couple of the crew from Bev. Hills 90210.

Posted by: dutchy ()
Date: August 4, 2005 09:59

Saw Herman Heinsbroek at the Vredeburg gig 2003

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1485
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home