Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

the stones and metallica!
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 3, 2005 15:22

From NME.COM

METALLICA TO SUPPORT THE STONES!

METALLICA will support THE ROLLING STONES on their world tour later this year.

The metal titans, whose days as a regular support band are long behind them, will play on the Stones' 'A Bigger Bang' tour at SBC Park in San Francisco on November 13&15.

The band revealed the news to fans in a cheeky message via their official website.

They said: "After taking three weeks off we thought it might be fun to play a few small intimate gigs so we called up our close personal friends, the Rolling Stones , to see what they were up to… turns out that they are doing a stadium tour of North America!

"Nah – seriously, last week we were honoured to share the stage with them in our home town. After having the thrill of playing with some of our most personal heroes such as AC/DC, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden and Ozzy, how could we say 'no' to the quintessential rock band, who are in some way responsible for all of this?

"These two shows are about nothing more than having fun and playing music… nothing to sell, nothing to promote, nothing to talk about… no @#$%&' agenda at all. Simply put, this is the reason we started a band 25 or so years ago, and we are psyched and appreciative of this awesome opportunity to get cracking again."

Metallica join a diverse support line-up of rock'n'soul acts including Pearl Jam, Black Eyed Peas , Joss Stone , Beck and Maroon 5.

The Rolling Stones release 'A Bigger Bang', their

Re: the stones and metallica!
Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: August 3, 2005 15:30

Does this mean ticket sales were poor and they needed boosting, such as ACDC in europe last time around?

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 3, 2005 15:32

No, the shows were already sold out, at least the first. They added Metallica after the sell out.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: darkstar212 ()
Date: August 3, 2005 15:51

But yet still no word on the opening act in New York at Giants Stadium. maybe they are waiting to announce a big name band? either way, whats the holdup?

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: August 3, 2005 16:01

That's a great supporting act for The Stones,not Black eyed peas and similar crap.
Metallica is great live and I certainly envy those who'll have the chance to see both Metallica and The Stones the same night.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: August 3, 2005 16:27

...And I´m stuck with Black Dyed Piss in Boston...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 3, 2005 17:39

the second show is not nearly sold out. i'm sure adding metallica and a third act have something to do with that. for me it merely means a longer pre-show party before I have to stagger to my seat.

Posted by: R ()
Date: August 3, 2005 17:59

What a hoot that w/be. I could only hope Metallica would open Chicago.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: August 3, 2005 18:13

They will probably add Macca as the third act....

Then all hard-core Stones fans will run scared away.....

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 3, 2005 18:14

The show will sell out once word gets out. I've seen Metallica live and they are fantastic -- the aural equivalent of getting hit by a train.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 3, 2005 18:22

I'm not a fan of Metallica, but at least they are a credible live act. I am also jealous (Black Eyed Peas).

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 3, 2005 18:24

Metallica are now a sad bunch of corporate cock suckers. so they'll fit in well

long gone are the vital band that died the day Cliff Burton left this earth

Shitallica more like

yawning smiley(

Posted by: drake ()
Date: August 3, 2005 18:57

The styles are so different... I'll be curious to see how many Metallica fans go to the show just for them. It happens.

Also very curious why so many dates dont have an openning act announced. Soldier Field is a huge show, so is Giants Stadium... The list of openners on this tour has my psych'd though. If its Beck, Pearl Jam, Metallica, Trey Anastasio or Wilco I'll be thrilled. It would be killer to see another new band added to the list. Maybe say Kings of Leon, the Shins or the Arcade Fire? Or Stars? Those would be great warmups for the stadium shows.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 3, 2005 19:05

They still need to salvage Detroit somehow. Bob Seger, Ted Nugent, the MC5, Iggy Pop, Eminem?

Posted by: eric ()
Date: August 3, 2005 19:15

Sounds AWSOME but could have a price!However, it could be bad as well. Unlike ac/dc who are a blues/hard rock band and blend with the Stones sound. Metallica is not that kind of band THEY ARE TOTALLY HEAVY METEL AND CREATE A DIFFERENT VIBE ALL TOGETHER. I saw Metallica 5 times and I love them and they are extremely powerful ( probably eqivilant to Zeppelin's power in the 70's if not more ). BUT, if the Stones restrain the sound on them.. its going be a show of nothing but feedback screaming through the amp's and pa system. IF they do allow Metallica full sound then you could have a riot on your hands after the moshing is over and the pushing and shoving and now you through out the more tame r&b vibe to overpower the heavymetal sound... usually doesnt work like that.... its like getting to the bring of an orgasm and then having it cut off before you cum and you have to start over...... kinda piss's you off. This is a show that would be neat to see IF the Stones prevail but it COULD be a show wear Metallica blows them off the stage.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: August 3, 2005 19:17

I'm just glad we are getting Wilco in Atlanta! Perfect opener! I'm jazzed!

Ross

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1637
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home