Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Lets get it going Ronnie
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 23, 2015 17:02

Dont stay behind Ronnnie!!

You did some great guitarplaying on the US Leg. Now that keith has got a new album getting released soon, with possible solo gigs, and his words..that the Stones will record again..

Why dont you start recording a new solo album, and hit the road with some solo gigs..in Europe.

Come on, Rock on Ronnie

Jeroen

Re: Lets get it going Ronnie
Date: July 23, 2015 17:20

Does he still 'got his own album to do'?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 23, 2015 17:22

probably getting some paintings ready for a new show.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 23, 2015 17:22

The way Ronnie works he can finish an album in 6 weeks lol
GO Ronnie Go hot smiley

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 23, 2015 17:24

he's on fire....seeing him on tour is easy....what's not.....

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 23, 2015 19:09

I get the feeling Ronnie enjoys his painting more than creating new music these days. He's also probably a bit spoiled by the 1st class Stones tours to be trying to do one with less pampering, imo.

I totally agree he is playing better with the Stones than he ever has.....lots of people have noticed it. That doesn't necessarily translate into a new record with a bunch of new good songs though.

My guess is he will take some time at home and the islands with his lovely wife, paint like a madman and do an occasional guest appearance with other acts in the London area.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 23, 2015 22:45

Why should he spend time on recording an album, which hardly anybody would buy. If these days his playing really is better than ever, it would make more sense for this new found artistry to be used on a new Stones-album. They easily could start working on it this autumn and do the final mixing early next year, relese date march 2016, start of new tour in june. Mick and Keith both have plenty of new songs, at least they say so.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: July 23, 2015 22:50

I also hope that Ronnie comes out with a new album! I still listen to often I Feel Like Playing, fantastic album!

Date: July 24, 2015 00:34

Do you think Ronnie just might be cashing in on his famous chums a bit when it comes to his painting. To me it appears that he mostly just paints the band members in various posses on stage etc.
It was ok when he needed extra money, but now i hope he sticks to the music.
That's what he is best at. No doubt

Date: July 24, 2015 00:41

keefriffhards
Do you think Ronnie just might be cashing in on his famous chums a bit when it comes to his painting. To me it appears that he mostly just paints the band members in various posses on stage etc.
It was ok when he needed extra money, but now i hope he sticks to the music.
That's what he is best at. No doubt

Of course he is! Why not? It's a subject he has a unique view of, probably the most important thing in his life and allows him to successfully pursue another creative outlet. I like much of Ronnie's work, not all, but his Stones stuff is generally great. Besides he is arguably just as famous as his chums now and anything he did would still command a good price.

Posted by: TDive25 ()
Date: July 24, 2015 02:08

How about some more of that Ronnie Wood Radio! I really enjoyed those shows a lot.

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: July 24, 2015 02:34

Love his last album!!!!

Posted by: TonyMo ()
Date: July 24, 2015 03:16

Naturalust
I get the feeling Ronnie enjoys his painting more than creating new music these days. He's also probably a bit spoiled by the 1st class Stones tours to be trying to do one with less pampering, imo.

I get the feeling Ronnie wants to do yoga. You have to admit he's pretty limber to start with. I also get the feeling, Ronnie, after having aquired several legs up on yoga technique, could help Mick Taylor overcome the illness I get the feeling he suffers from. And yes, beyond all conceivable doubt, Ronnie is spoiled by the 1st class amenities which accompany any Stones tour. I have a feeling Ronnie's Yogic approach would primarily concentrate on his Manipuraian level's so as to alleviate his discomfort with the uncomfortable.

Date: July 24, 2015 03:31

TonyMo
Naturalust

I get the feeling Ronnie wants to do yoga. You have to admit he's pretty limber to start with. I also get the feeling, Ronnie, after having aquired several legs up on yoga technique, could help Mick Taylor overcome the illness I get the feeling he suffers from. And yes, beyond all conceivable doubt, Ronnie is spoiled by the 1st class amenities which accompany any Stones tour. I have a feeling Ronnie's Yogic approach would primarily concentrate on his Manipuraian level's so as to alleviate his discomfort with the uncomfortable.

Yeah your right, what the hell was I thinking! It would definitely help his Kukkutasana too!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 24, 2015 09:08

Ronnie is in good form, so I would love a new studio album with Rod and other guests on it. I will buy it for sure!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: July 24, 2015 18:41

Ronnie is the only band member that made a new album in ten years on his own (which is even quite good). And he played the fantastic Jimmy Reed hommage tour together with Mick Taylor. He is the most creative Stone nowadays producing some real worthy things.

Date: July 24, 2015 19:56

Ronnie just cant do anything wrong can he. Hail St Ronnie
I liked his last solo album, wish he had done more shows to promote it.
Think he just did those 2 shows at the Ambassadors.
Hope he gets in the studio ASAP.
Its hard to believe I Feel Like Playing was released over 5 years ago..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1825
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home