Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Keith interview - MOJO, September 2015
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 23, 2015 15:57

Keith Richards: We’ll Do A New Stones Album After My Solo LP

From new record Crosseyed Heart to his relationship with Mick Jagger, MOJO enjoys a rare, no-holds-barred audience with Keef in our new issue, on sale in the UK from July 28.

KEITH RICHARDS MIGHT be on the verge of releasing his first solo album in 20 years, but he has told MOJO there’s a new Rolling Stones album on the way.

Ahead of September’s release of Crosseyed Heart, his first record without Mick Jagger and co. since 1992, the guitarist has spoken exclusively in our new issue (September 2015 / #262) which is on sale in the UK from Tuesday (July 28).

During the rare audience with “The Human Riff”, Richards confirmed that while he’s emerging from his band’s shadow for the autumn, he’ll be back recording with The Rolling Stones soon.

“Will we record and tour again? I think we will,” he tells MOJO’s Pat Gilbert. “We’ll do this year, then go into the studio.”

Apparently, plans for the band’s first full album sessions since the recording of 2005’s A Bigger Bang, were in the works before the band even took to the road in North America for their recent Zip Code tour.

“I know Mick wants to record again – he blurted it out in a meeting: ‘It’s about time we went back and recorded.’” recalls Richards. “I was like, ‘We’re here to talk about a tour, right?’ So that will be interesting. End of the year.”

Get the new issue of MOJO for the full, candid interview, including Richards’ thoughts on going solo, why he’s the Stones’ romantic soul, his relationships with Mick Jagger and Ronnie Wood and much more.

[www.mojo4music.com]

Re: Keith interview - MOJO, September 2015
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 23, 2015 16:02

Sounds good, maybe he mentions a solo tour, right off to the shops now
Cheers

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 23, 2015 16:27

Thanks for the info.
Gonna buy the magazine, when it hits Holland.
jeroen

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 23, 2015 16:27

clearly they loving being the Rolling Stones.

this might affect whether or not Keith goes ahead with road work for his album.

sounds like they're going to produce a new Stones album and tour some more.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 23, 2015 16:51

The Stones are On FIRE !!!!
New Keith album, Some Keef Solo gigs, a new Stones cd, more Stones touring !!!
Gonna be great year ahead !!

jeroen

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: July 23, 2015 16:55

Looking forward to this interview - hopefully he'll mention road plans. I smell a London show in the air...

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: July 23, 2015 17:28

Mick is no doubt loaded with demos of new material. Meanwhile Keith is releasing 14 new tracks. I fear a repeat of the Bigger Bang sessions, with Mick dominating what ends up being recorded!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 23, 2015 17:31

“Will we record and tour again? I think we will,” he tells MOJO’s Pat Gilbert. “We’ll do this year, then go into the studio.”

Apparently, plans for the band’s first full album sessions since the recording of 2005’s A Bigger Bang, were in the works before the band even took to the road in North America for their recent Zip Code tour.

“I know Mick wants to record again – he blurted it out in a meeting: ‘It’s about time we went back and recorded.’” recalls Richards. “I was like, ‘We’re here to talk about a tour, right?’ So that will be interesting. End of the year.”

Same ol' tripe at the top but something new at the bottom. Time is not what it used to be. Perhaps they've not figured that out yet.

Date: July 23, 2015 17:32

Mel Belli
Mick is no doubt loaded with demos of new material. Meanwhile Keith is releasing 14 new tracks. I fear a repeat of the Bigger Bang sessions, with Mick dominating what ends up being recorded!

Yes and when Mick dominates sessions the product usually suffers

Date: July 23, 2015 17:37

Yep. Another Jagger solo album by 'The Rolling Stones'.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 23, 2015 17:42

Fingers crossed that he's right!

Date: July 23, 2015 17:55

When Keith's album comes out, i think people will see the talent that has been wasted in reference to Mick dominating recordings for many years.
Keith is the musician after all. To my mind most of the Stones greatest recordings were when Mick let Keith flow with his genius, with Mick adding lyrics and melody's..
That is the Glimmers at their best. But this control thing with Mick has been the main issue. For me anyway.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 23, 2015 17:58

keefriffhards
Mel Belli

Yes and when Mick dominates sessions the product usually suffers

damn...any opportunity to disparage the guy. we get that you prefer Keith.

Date: July 23, 2015 17:58

GasLightStreet

This is exactly why i have not got excited about a Stones album in 25 years.
They are mostly Jagger taking over the controls, and Mick on his own has never done it for me.

Date: July 23, 2015 18:09

keefriffhards
GasLightStreet

They are mostly Jagger taking over the controls, and Mick on his own has never done it for me.

The only thing good that's come out of these Jagger Stones albums is the occasional great Keith song (HCIS, TINT, YDHTMI) or Keith based song (Love Is Strong, Lowdown, It Won't Take Long).

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: July 23, 2015 19:18

keefriffhards
When Keith's album comes out, i think people will see the talent that has been wasted in reference to Mick dominating recordings for many years.
Keith is the musician after all. To my mind most of the Stones greatest recordings were when Mick let Keith flow with his genius, with Mick adding lyrics and melody's..
That is the Glimmers at their best. But this control thing with Mick has been the main issue. For me anyway.

Some might argue that Mick is a musician too! Even if he never sang a note and only played harp.

Date: July 23, 2015 19:25

GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet

The only thing good that's come out of these Jagger Stones albums is the occasional great Keith song (HCIS, TINT, YDHTMI) or Keith based song (Love Is Strong, Lowdown, It Won't Take Long).

Agreed GasLightStreet.

If they do another record, i just hope that this time they work together on every stage of the song writing process especially the production. They don't need a producer.
They are getting along very well at present, everyone has noticed. We just need those too geniuses to stay in a room together for 2 months and see what develops. I think they still have it. They could make a fantastic album.
Question is at their age do they want to work that close to each other.
If they did, they could blow everyone's minds with great music.
But not if its just Mick's Songs and Keith's songs forced together, its going to be the same as the last 4 or 5 albums. Sadly i hardly ever play them..

Actually i do play Voodoo lounge, that's a beauty smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-23 19:31 by keefriffhards.

Date: July 23, 2015 19:38

Roll73
keefriffhards

Some might argue that Mick is a musician too! Even if he never sang a note and only played harp.

next you'll be suggesting he actually wrote some songs.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 23, 2015 20:32

hopefully they won't bother.what can you say that hasnt already been?

there is no way in hell they can write anything close to what they've done in the past and they wont take the time to actually meld what is left of their writing skills.

so you'll get the same thing as the last few times-people who dont like mick jagger will be upset because it's the stones doing his solo songs and the rest will be a couple of keith songs left over from his solo record.

a total waste of time,they should just add tunes from decembers children and out of our heads into the set, at least it's stuff they actually wrote together.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: July 23, 2015 20:41

Marvelous news - I can't wait. Did ABB surpass their best stuff? No. Did it surpass recent stuff from other acts their age (Dylan, Young, Cohen, McCartney etc.)? Yeah by miles!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 23, 2015 20:48

lem motlow
hopefully they won't bother.what can you say that hasnt already been?

there is no way in hell they can write anything close to what they've done in the past and they wont take the time to actually meld what is left of their writing skills.

so you'll get the same thing as the last few times-people who dont like mick jagger will be upset because it's the stones doing his solo songs and the rest will be a couple of keith songs left over from his solo record.

a total waste of time,they should just add tunes from decembers children and out of our heads into the set, at least it's stuff they actually wrote together.

Although I might agree they will have a hard time living up to their past I still hold out a little hope that a back to roots approach, both songwriting and production wise could produce a few gems. Something along the lines of an updated BB and LIB would be welcome, imo. Keith and Mick singing harmonies together, playing acoustic guitars, a bit of tasty slide playing.

Posted by: alexisjagger ()
Date: July 23, 2015 20:54

In theri new album I would like to see a combination of their roots (Blues, Rock and Roll, Country) mixed with a combination of recent styles (Indie,Electronic). This would prove that the stones were always evolving and experimenting with new genres

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 23, 2015 21:07

To be honest with you: I adore Bridges to Babylon, and Bigger Bang. If a new album were to be as good as them two, then I'd be happy. Granted Bigger could've done with some editing down, but it was a fine album in its own way.

Date: July 23, 2015 21:45

treaclefingers
Roll73
keefriffhards

Listening to some on here i thought Mick wrote all the songs, except for JJF, which Bill wrote

Date: July 23, 2015 21:51

GetYerAngie
Marvelous news - I can't wait. Did ABB surpass their best stuff? No. Did it surpass recent stuff from other acts their age (Dylan, Young, Cohen, McCartney etc.)? Yeah by miles!

That is so right GetYerAngie. We forget that an average Stones album is still better than all the competition thumbs up

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 23, 2015 21:56

Feels like the band will be heading into the new album with eyes wide open, resulting in the great music I predict!! They are on a serious roll we are very fortunate it seems…..

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: July 23, 2015 22:08

keefriffhards
treaclefingers
Roll73
keefriffhards

Listening to some on here i thought Mick wrote all the songs, except for JJF, which Bill wrote

I'm not rating this qualitatively one way or the other, but the percentage of 100%-Mick songs spiked in the mid-'70s and really hasn't declined since.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-23 22:08 by Mel Belli.

Date: July 23, 2015 22:19

Mel Belli
keefriffhards
treaclefingers
Roll73
keefriffhards

I'm not rating this qualitatively one way or the other, but the percentage of 100%-Mick songs spiked in the mid-'70s and really hasn't declined since.

We know Keith's songs are all him. Mick has nothing to do with those. There is at least that much.

Date: July 23, 2015 22:53

GasLightStreet
Mel Belli
keefriffhards
treaclefingers
Roll73
keefriffhards

We know Keith's songs are all him. Mick has nothing to do with those. There is at least that much.

So true...Mick only contributes the lyrics and melody on those ones.

Date: July 23, 2015 23:17

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Mel Belli
keefriffhards
treaclefingers
Roll73
keefriffhards

So true...Mick only contributes the lyrics and melody on those ones.

Err No

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1400
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home