Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The Next Rerelease
Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 25, 2015 02:35

treaclefingers
Thrylan
I'm not intentionally dogging BS with Clapton, but we've likely all heard it in at least decent quality- Concerning what IS on the CD, I find CYHMK to be the gem. Personally, I got a lot more out of PMS, So Divine, Pass The Wine and others you mentioned than the known stuff. No, I don't like the modern dubs, but it feels more new to me. I would also asert that most of us can come up with at least 12 previously unreleased tracks that we really want. Like PMS, there's likely a chestnut or two that none of us know about. That interests me more.

Thoroughly agree...and we can certainly hope so.

I'm glad an intelligent poster with wit is on board with me.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 25, 2015 03:34

Thrylan
treaclefingers
Thrylan
I'm not intentionally dogging BS with Clapton, but we've likely all heard it in at least decent quality- Concerning what IS on the CD, I find CYHMK to be the gem. Personally, I got a lot more out of PMS, So Divine, Pass The Wine and others you mentioned than the known stuff. No, I don't like the modern dubs, but it feels more new to me. I would also asert that most of us can come up with at least 12 previously unreleased tracks that we really want. Like PMS, there's likely a chestnut or two that none of us know about. That interests me more.

Thoroughly agree...and we can certainly hope so.

I'm glad an intelligent poster with wit is on board with me.

Excellent...there's three of us now then!

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: July 25, 2015 07:54

dcba
Don't laugh (yet) but DW would be a good candidate : there's a bunch of good songs that sound nothing the album we know and which would make a nice 3-cd set : "Crushed Pearl" the sublime "What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love" etc etc.

I can live without an alt version of "Fight" or "Winning Ugly" but "Invitation" or "Talk Is Cheap" deserve a legit release...

Besides the fact that there is ZERO commercial interest in this album, I think the Stones would steer away from a major reissue project because the main reason this album stinks (besides the fact that it was, unfortunately, through no fault of its own, created and produced in 1985-86) has the most to do with the band being in such turmoil at the time.

I think the band writes this album off as much as (if not more than) they do Satanic Majesties.

Date: July 25, 2015 17:32

JMARKO
dcba
Don't laugh (yet) but DW would be a good candidate : there's a bunch of good songs that sound nothing the album we know and which would make a nice 3-cd set : "Crushed Pearl" the sublime "What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love" etc etc.

I can live without an alt version of "Fight" or "Winning Ugly" but "Invitation" or "Talk Is Cheap" deserve a legit release...

Besides the fact that there is ZERO commercial interest in this album, I think the Stones would steer away from a major reissue project because the main reason this album stinks (besides the fact that it was, unfortunately, through no fault of its own, created and produced in 1985-86) has the most to do with the band being in such turmoil at the time.

I think the band writes this album off as much as (if not more than) they do Satanic Majesties.

Well that at least shows they have taste!

Here's a question...when was the last time they played a track off that album live?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 25, 2015 17:38

treaclefingers
JMARKO
dcba

Here's a question...when was the last time they played a track off that album live?

2000 Light Years From Home was played at Glastonbury 2013.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you was talking about TSMR. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-25 17:41 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 25, 2015 17:39

I believe 1995 had a lone performance of "One Hit (to the Body)." Prior to that Keith played "Too Rude" in 1993. The Stones played "Harlem Shuffle" in 1990. Mick played "Winning Ugly" in 1988. Keith played "Sleep Tonight" in 1986.

Date: July 25, 2015 17:41

Cristiano Radtke
treaclefingers
JMARKO
dcba

2000 Light Years From Home was played at Glastonbury 2013.

sorry, I should have been clearer Cristiano, I meant a track off Dirty Work...thanks Rocky BTW!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 25, 2015 17:51

Rocky Dijon
I believe 1995 had a lone performance of "One Hit (to the Body)." Prior to that Keith played "Too Rude" in 1993. The Stones played "Harlem Shuffle" in 1990. Mick played "Winning Ugly" in 1988. Keith played "Sleep Tonight" in 1986.

They did One Hit for a few shows in 1989. It didn't work.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 25, 2015 18:03

Rocky Dijon

Ofcourse they played One hit (to the body) at the Steel Wheels tour in 1989 10-15 times.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 25, 2015 18:06

They don´t play Dirty-Work-songs, because the songs don´t work live. Not even One Hit. Being played live, One Hit sounds lame despite being a great Song. But most of them DW-songs are fine...

...They don´t play Steel-Wheels-songs anymore. Means this that the Steel-Wheels-songs "stink"? Tatto You is considered to be one of their finest albums, but they only play Start Me up and occasionally Worried About You. ...They have not played a single song from ABB on recent tours. Not being played live does not mean "bad song" automatically. The Stones are on stage for 2 hours and like most bands/artists only play their best known songs, there is simply no time for the rather "obscure" ones, no matter how fine they are... There are many very good songs, that never were played live.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1404
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home