Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: OT: David Gilmour new album and tour
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 2, 2015 16:18

tatters
Apparently, Dave's added another show in NYC, at Radio City Music Hall, on the 10th of April.

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Wow thats awesome. Had no idea. I'll definitely try for those tickets, as I'd much prefer to see him there over MSG. I'm sure it'll be just as impossible but I'll give it a shot.

I assume nobody has the presale info?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 2, 2015 18:51

RollingFreak
I assume nobody has the presale info?

Might be late on this - I'm on the west coast, already started but worth a shot for you. Good luck!

Wednesday 02 December 2015 - 11am to 4pm EST.
Presale Password: DGML16410 Limit: 2 per customer.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 3, 2015 12:53

David Gilmour has just announced 4 more shows at the Royal Albert Hall, next September.

On the heels of the Rattle That Lock album's chart success (no.1 in 11 countries around the world), and the immediate sellout of five London dates,
David has announced 4 additional live shows at the Royal Albert Hall in 2016::

25, 28, 29, 30 September 2016 London – Royal Albert Hall

Tickets go on sale on Friday 04 December 2015 at 10 am, UK Time
but as a Mailing List subscriber, we are informing you of a special limited pre-sale.

Click here to purchase tickets via dedicated link,live from 11am to 4pm UK time,today only, Thursday 03 December 2015.
Presale Password: 22186 Limit: 4 per customer.

Tickets will be open to purchase by the public in the usual way,
via the Royal Albert Hall Box Office on Friday 04 December 2015 from 10am UK time.

Prices are the same as before, and there is a ticket purchase limit of four per person, per household, which will apply across all four shows.
As previously, the ticket holder's name will be printed on the ticket and photo ID checks in place to confirm customer identity, to minimise the re-sale of tickets on the secondary market.

Tickets for all shows will be available from the Royal Albert Hall Box Office,
seetickets.com, ticketmaster.co.uk and stargreen.com

The Rattle That Lock album includes 10 new tracks by David (5 co-written with Polly Samson),
including Rattle That Lock, Today, Faces Of Stone and The Girl In the Yellow Dress.
See the ‘Listen’ page on www.davidgilmour.com for videos of these
and other songs, including live clips from David’s European dates.

PLEASE NOTE: the following sites are NOT official and are NOT approved for selling tickets: [www.davidgilmourtour.com] and [www.davidgilmourtours.com]

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: December 3, 2015 15:29

Just bought a ticket to the just added Radio City show - psyched!
As a result, I just posted on EBay a single to one of the Hollywood Bowl show.
I know friends who saw David's show in Europe - pics look outstanding. They said it was incredible.

Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: December 3, 2015 18:19

Ticketmaster is horrible. Radio City show must have sold out in less than 20 seconds.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 3, 2015 21:30

I just recently got a very good ticket to see him in Chicago in April. I am really looking foward to this "LIVE" experience. I wish I would have been able to see him for the tour he did for On an Island. I think that is better than Rattle that Lock, but it'll be a great show! Especially if he does Echos!!!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 3, 2015 21:42

whitem8
I just recently got a very good ticket to see him in Chicago in April. I am really looking foward to this "LIVE" experience. I wish I would have been able to see him for the tour he did for On an Island. I think that is better than Rattle that Lock, but it'll be a great show! Especially if he does Echos!!!

I rarely go "out of town" (anywhere but Detroit) to see a gig, but I'm going out of town for this one. Paid $577 (the most I've ever spent in my life) for a pair of tix to the auditorium theater show on the 6th.

I'm even pipe-dreaming about trying to catch a show in London. I haven't been there in almost 30 years! Last time I was there, the Pet Shop Boys were HUGE! grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-03 21:46 by tatters.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: December 3, 2015 22:23

I'm planning on the Auditorium show as well. Saw David on his on an Island
tour at the Rosemont theater and it was excellant. He really delivers to his
fans. The Radio City venue would be an awesome venue to him perform in too.

Date: December 3, 2015 22:29

tatters
whitem8

I rarely go "out of town" (anywhere but Detroit) to see a gig, but I'm going out of town for this one. Paid $577 (the most I've ever spent in my life) for a pair of tix to the auditorium theater show on the 6th.

I'm even pipe-dreaming about trying to catch a show in London. I haven't been there in almost 30 years! Last time I was there, the Pet Shop Boys were HUGE! grinning smiley
Well I am going too Tatters! I am living in Portage now, and am thinking about taking the train to Chicago, it's two hours from where I live. We could meet up for a drink or five before the show.

Date: December 3, 2015 22:32

whitem8
tatters
whitem8

Well I am going too Tatters! I am living in Portage now, and am thinking about taking the train to Chicago, it's two hours from where I live. We could meet up for a drink or five before the show.

Absolutely! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-03 22:33 by tatters.

Date: December 3, 2015 22:35

I know the train starts in Ann Arbor, and it is pretty efficient. Takes you downtown to the museum area...

Date: December 3, 2015 23:14

whitem8
I know the train starts in Ann Arbor, and it is pretty efficient. Takes you downtown to the museum area...

Never been to Chicago. I hear they have a fine museum. We live in Ypsilanti. Yeah, the train might be fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-03 23:15 by tatters.

Date: December 4, 2015 04:06

Never been to Chicago??? WHAT?? Ok, well Tatters you have some fun in store. Lots of great food, great culture, and it hopefully be beautiful in April. I think I will go Friday morning and spend the weekend. It should be a blast. Well if you go to Chicago you need to go to Legends.

Date: March 21, 2016 19:05

The North American "tour" (11 shows in 4 cities) opens this Thursday at Hollywood Bowl. Looking forward to hearing any and all reports.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-21 19:06 by tatters.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 21, 2016 19:11

And later he'll be back in Europe in lesser venues, can't really see the point and not really the "old man tour" he had announced. He probably got coaxed into keeping the show on the road by those who can use the money...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 21, 2016 19:16

This is the view I'm going to have at the Auditorium Theater in Chicago. Front row of the uppermost balcony. Pink Floyd actually played here twice; in October 1971, and again in April 1972; before The Dark Side of the Moon turned them into a stadium act. It's the smallest venue he's playing in North America.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-21 19:18 by tatters.

Date: March 21, 2016 22:34

gotdablouse
And later he'll be back in Europe in lesser venues, can't really see the point and not really the "old man tour" he had announced. He probably got coaxed into keeping the show on the road by those who can use the money...

I heard he's playing the ancient amphitheater in Pompeii, the one where Floyd made a concert film in 1971 .... only this time there will be an audience. That would be a pretty epic place to see him, wouldn't it?

Date: March 22, 2016 01:51

tatters are you seeing him at the United Center in Chicago?

Date: March 22, 2016 02:08

I'll be at both Hollywood Bowl shows and the L.A. Forum show.
I also have a Chicago Auditorium ticket with my name on it (main floor dress circle), but it might have to be sold as I have a very busy week at the beginning of April.
Still on the fence looking at flights, and I have a place to stay at friends house, but time is running out. Whatever the case, I'll be more than satisfied with the three shows in L.A.
Some things aren't meant to be...or are they? Time will tell....

edit: After looking at the Auditorium pic tatters posted, the temptation to make it happen has struck again.

*if you dropped a beer from your seat tatters, it would land close to where my head would be winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-22 02:28 by Hairball.

Date: March 22, 2016 03:47

whitem8
tatters are you seeing him at the United Center in Chicago?

No, just the April 6th theater show.

Date: March 22, 2016 05:20

I would love to see "Have a Cigar" make it into the setlist on this leg of the tour.

Date: March 22, 2016 06:22

Received and event reminder/parking info. email for Hollywood Bowl earlier:

And a friend sent me this pic that was posted on instagram from Gilmour's wife Polly at Hollywood Bowl:

My friend said "a bit early for soundcheck, but all his gear has been in storage since the last leg in December so he's probably making sure everything's in working order"

Getting excited! thumbs up

And if anyone's interested, he and his wife will be giving a talk at a bookstore in downtown L.A. on Wednesday. I can't make it, but might be interesting.

Facebook link - The Last Bookstore 453 S Spring St, Los Angeles

edit: Just received two free tickets for Gilmour mini concert taping for Jimmy Kimmel show this Monday, 28th. thumbs up
Free tix available here while they last: Kimmel -Gilmour

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-22 07:52 by Hairball.

Date: March 22, 2016 20:35

Ah ok, yeah I am in Detroit that night seeing Iggy at the Fox. I will be seeing Dave at the United Center, row 10.

Date: March 22, 2016 20:36

Two nights in Toronto next week. Can't wait!!!!

Thanks,

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: March 22, 2016 22:49

9th row MSG show next month !!! thumbs up

Date: March 23, 2016 00:37

Set list looking pretty good, but I was so hoping for Echos!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 23, 2016 21:17

tatters
gotdablouse

I heard he's playing the ancient amphitheater in Pompeii, the one where Floyd made a concert film in 1971 .... only this time there will be an audience. That would be a pretty epic place to see him, wouldn't it?

Wow! 345E for a ticket! [www.ticketone.it] It surely is an extremely exclusive venue, but my 165E 3rd row Vienna tickets look like an amazing bargain! It surely will be an amazing night though. Or 2 nights actually.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-23 21:24 by Happy24.

Date: March 24, 2016 00:18

David Crosby confirmed on Twitter that he will be making an appearance at the Hollywood Bowl show tomorrow.

Date: March 25, 2016 13:41

5 A.M.
Rattle That Lock
Faces of Stone
Wish You Were Here
A Boat Lies Waiting
The Blue
Money
Us and Them
In Any Tongue
High Hopes

Astronomy Domine
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)
Fat Old Sun
Coming Back to Life
On an Island
The Girl in the Yellow Dress
Today
Sorrow
Run Like Hell

Time
Breathe (Reprise)
Comfortably Numb

Date: March 25, 2016 19:25

Goes without saying stunning lead guitar whenever Gilmour plays a solo.

Highlights:
Wish You Were Here
Money
Us and Them
Astronomy Domine
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)
Fat Old Sun
On an Island
Sorrow
Run Like Hell
Time
Breathe (Reprise)
Comfortably Numb

Not much of a fan of his new album (his last one was better imo), or any post-Roger Waters Pink Floyd stuff, so won't dwell on that, but will say it comes across much better live.
Of the new stuff, A Boat Lies Waiting (my favorite from new album)was beautiful with David Crosby's harmonies, and Rattle That Lock (another decent one from new album) was great. Crosby also sang harmonies on On an Island (as he did on the studio version) from Gilmours previous solo album, and it was mesmerizing. Another new song -The Girl in the Yellow Dress, was completely forgettable.

As expected, it was the classic stuff that worked the best. The Dark Side era Money, Us and Them, and Time are quintessential Floyd tracks (thanks in large part to Roger Waters writing them), but it was David who sang them in the studio and his amazing guitar playing was spot on last night. And of course Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V) is a masterpiece (again thanks to Roger), and was exceptional live. Run like Hell is what it is - another Roger tune with a thumping stomp that was highlighted by the visuals and explosive pyrotechnincs that followed it. And then grand finale Comfortably Numb ...truly one of my all time favorite Floyd songs. But then there was David Crosby on stage singing the Roger parts ("Hello? Is there anybody in there?, etc.), and have to say he was really bad - sounding like Kermit the Frog which kind of ruined the tune. But then came Gilmour's stinging guitar solo which made everything in the world right again - absolute wailing perfection. With all that said, the absolute unexpected highlight for me, and one which I wouldn't have predicted, was the inclusion of the Syd -era tune Astronime Domine. Controlled chaotic psychedelia that worked so well on so many levels.

The Bowl itself was a perfect setting - the weather was great and the history of the venue itself echoed throughout the night. Excellent visuals, and a lazer show that was one for the ages.
Going again tonight and again sunday at the Forum, and as I texted a friend in the middle of the show: "wish you were here".

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home