Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 15, 2015 05:55

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-04 11:08 by colonial.

Re: Question for bv how many Stones concerts ya been to?
Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: July 15, 2015 06:19

Date: July 15, 2015 16:10

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-08 01:31 by colonial.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: July 15, 2015 17:38

StonedAsia

116 bottles of beer on the wall 116 bottles of beer

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 15, 2015 18:09

Looks like 53 off the top of my head. Might be missing one or two.

Tokyo 20
Saitama 1
Yokohama 1
Nagoya 1
London 6
Paris 3
Amsterdam 1
Stockholm 1
Frankfurt 1
Boston 1
New York 3
Newark 1
Atlantic City 1
Washington DC 1
Louisville 1
Minneapolis 1
Los Angeles 3
Anaheim 1
San Francisco 1
Fresno 1
Vancouver 1
Honolulu 1
Oakland 1
Auckland 1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-15 18:11 by drbryant.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 15, 2015 18:19

He says the question is for BV. My guess Colonial, is that he's not going to answer that question. But good luck to you, anyway!

Posted by: veronus ()
Date: July 15, 2015 18:33

Posted by: veronus ()
Date: July 15, 2015 18:34

OH bv sorry. that,s what i have been to

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 15, 2015 18:36

How many stars are there on the sky? How many fans will there be at the Quebec show tonight? How many drops of water is there in a river? How many picks is Keith throwing out during a tour? How many picks makes it into the hands of a real fan? How many fans have I met during this tour? How many times do a normal person think about the Stones during a day, and how many times do you and I think about the Stones during the day?

The answer is I did count my shows many many years ago. I was sitting on a nice outdoor street cafe in East Village NYC and making an update of my show count. It was a few hundred. Then I realized I had forgot about a whole tour, with 50 or so shows, so I gave up. It is not important.

Bjornulf

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 15, 2015 18:45

Bjornulf, It's probably easier to remember the shows you couldn't attend, since '73. right?

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: July 15, 2015 19:09

bv
How many stars are there on the sky? How many fans will there be at the Quebec show tonight? How many drops of water is there in a river? How many picks is Keith throwing out during a tour? How many picks makes it into the hands of a real fan? How many fans have I met during this tour? How many times do a normal person think about the Stones during a day, and how many times do you and I think about the Stones during the day?

The answer is I did count my shows many many years ago. I was sitting on a nice outdoor street cafe in East Village NYC and making an update of my show count. It was a few hundred. Then I realized I had forgot about a whole tour, with 50 or so shows, so I gave up. It is not important.

The one you can answer is about Montreal, when you go to a show, you are certainly a fan, except for VIP and a few more... About your shows, it is not important is not a good answer. I remember a question asked to Mick and Keith separatly in 1990. What is the difference between (not sure about the numbers) $100,000 and $1,000,000. Keith answer it's nothing, not important, only one more zero. Mick said "you are richer". Who is connected to the real life. smoking smiley

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 15, 2015 19:16

question asked to Mick and Keith separatly in 1990. What is the difference between (not sure about the numbers) $100,000 and $1,000,000. Keith answered....

I thought he answered something like... "ya spend it the same, but ya buy better towels"

Date: July 15, 2015 19:52

Oh, the thread's about BV. Sorry. We all know he's a superfan and the number of shows would be very, very high. There used to be a couple from Japan that would be competition for BV - they went to countless shows every tour and would always get upgraded to the front. You never felt resentful because they were so nice and as I recall, they weren't ultra rich - they traveled in coach and owned a small business (I think it was a dry cleaning shop). I don't know if they are still around.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: July 15, 2015 20:01

I myself attended 1,3 Stones concerts.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 15, 2015 20:47

I got a question i have always wanted to ask BV.
Question is..
What was the best show you ever witnessed and why was it your best show.

Mine was Keith Richards Town And Country Club Because I could never of expected Keith on his own to be that good, beyond words..

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: July 15, 2015 21:10

keefriffhards
Question is..

Mine was Keith Richards Town And Country Club Because I could never of expected Keith on his own to be that good, beyond words..

Let's make this the ''Ask BV'' thread, I'm sure he will love that. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-15 21:11 by yeababyyea.

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: July 15, 2015 21:29

bv

bv...you provide a valuable forum for those of us who may be less, the same as, or more enthusiastic about the Stones as are you. A while back I read your account of what you sacrifice to follow the tours. I congratulate you for being able to indulge yourself as you do, and I applaud you for maintaining IORR so the rest of us can go along with you. Well done, Sir!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 15, 2015 21:46

yeababyyea
keefriffhards
Question is..

Let's make this the ''Ask BV'' thread, I'm sure he will love that. grinning smiley

Sorry BV your very busy at the moment, maybe answer this question when you get home and your missing the Stones sad smiley

Date: July 15, 2015 22:02

BV what is the tastiest snack you have ever enjoyed at (not before or after) a Stones show? Mine would be a "White Lady" cheeseburger at the Auckland show in November 2014. Answer when you have time.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 15, 2015 23:25

I know how many Mick Jagger attended............

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 15, 2015 23:44

NICOS
I know how many Mick Jagger attended............

thumbs up

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 15, 2015 23:52

I reckon it is somewhere between 1 and 1001 but not quite sure where Quebec will be on the list tonight. Maybe 101 or 1001.

Every one will be a great Stones gig I'm sure as my 25-30 have been since the 90's.

Every one is a winner.

smileys with beer

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: July 16, 2015 01:32

6 gigs. lisboa, london london. munchen, london copenhagen.( NO reykjavik smiling smiley

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 16, 2015 02:33

i have been to see the stones a grand total of 3 times.

hampden park glasgow july 1990

murrayfield stadium edinburgh june 1999

o2 centre london august 2007

was too young to see them pre 1990.

and have had many commitments that have prevented me from seeing them more, job commitments, marriage, mortgage, kids,holidays with the family, financial responsability etc.basically the usual stuff that keeps people away from doing what you want when you want.

i just wonder what sort of sacrifices does a person need to make to be able to go to several shows per tour.

Date: July 16, 2015 06:22

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-04 06:45 by colonial.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 16, 2015 08:07

I have been to over 103 shows since my first in 1975 at the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville , Florida. Most came from 81-2013.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 16, 2015 12:25

yeababyyea
keefriffhards
Question is..

>grinning smiley<

Yeah... And let's start with 'a classic':

"Is this (next) one gonna be the last tour?!"

smoking smiley

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: July 16, 2015 12:46

I had lost count until recently when I sat down and counted 78. I think I've been telling people "around 90" so sorry to mislead. I'll see another 12 unannounced and then it will be correct.

Posted by: alexisjagger ()
Date: July 16, 2015 16:55

O sad smiley . They came to Mexico in 1995 and 1997 but I was a children when that happened.

They came back in 2006 when I was 15, but I was not a fan of them by them.

I hope they come to Mexico soon, even if they dont come I will visit them soon..

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 16, 2015 17:10

Colonial is a numbers man. smileys with beer

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home