Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Why can't we post hate stuff and negativity on IORR?
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 14, 2016 16:37

Maindefender
There's already to much hate in the world. IORR should be a safe haven with respect and civility.

Yes! thumbs up

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 14, 2016 16:39

Yes, the title is funny to me too. Personally I wouldn't want to get involved with hate stuff myself. But maybe he's trying to ask or wondering if all comments on IORR are suppose to sugar coated, positive and happy?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 14, 2016 16:42

Bjornulf changed the original title of the thread to something that emphasizes his reasons for moderating as he does.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 14, 2016 16:47

By the way:

1.Posting in CAPITAL LETTERS is an offence. It is like standing 5 cm (two inches) from aother person's face, face to face, shouting. We don't do that, do we?

2. These rules are not really open for discussions. Not becaues I am a dictator (yes I am, but after all I do take the check, the bill...), but because such threads are (ab)used by those who want to SHOUT and want to talk about their half empty beer glass.

So I will merge this into the most appropriate complains thread as soon as someone can help me out by reporting that link to me.

I have to do the Mexico City show #1 links preparations, don't really have time to educate on IORR rules and Internet policies in general now.

If you don't like the IORR rules then feel free to start your own blog, there are tons of them on Internet. But please do not excpect me to pay for half empty beer glass frustrations talks...

Bjornulf

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 14, 2016 17:12

bv
By the way:

1.Posting in CAPITAL LETTERS is an offence. It is like standing 5 cm (two inches) from aother person's face, face to face, shouting. We don't do that, do we?

2. These rules are not really open for discussions. Not becaues I am a dictator (yes I am, but after all I do take the check, the bill...), but because such threads are (ab)used by those who want to SHOUT and want to talk about their half empty beer glass.

So I will merge this into the most appropriate complains thread as soon as someone can help me out by reporting that link to me.

I have to do the Mexico City show #1 links preparations, don't really have time to educate on IORR rules and Internet policies in general now.

If you don't like the IORR rules then feel free to start your own blog, there are tons of them on Internet. But please do not excpect me to pay for half empty beer glass frustrations talks...

Well said. Enjoy the shows, bv!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 14, 2016 17:28

reg thorpe
Maindefender
There's already to much hate in the world. IORR should be a safe haven with respect and civility.

I thought this was a Donald Trump posting

Good for you Reg. winking smiley

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: March 14, 2016 17:47

Why can't we post hate stuff and negativity on IORR?
Time is precious and there is enough hate/negativity on the planet.
IORR celebrates The Rolling Stones

cool smiley

Re: HEY BV - HMS POST ISNT NEGATIVE - PLEASE REOPEN
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 14, 2016 18:08

bv

Please name the ten most ugly friends you have. Make a letter and write them for Christmas, or may be for their birthdays. Tell them they won your "most ugly friend" competition, and tell them you still love them. The question is, do they still love you?

I get your point regarding negativity, but naming your ten least favorite songs doesn't really equate with naming your ten ugliest friends.
It's more like naming your ten least favorite foods to eat. We all have to eat, but we all have different tastes. I don't like sushi!
Seemed a harmless thread albeit unnecessary- one only has to randomly dip into the last 35 years of studio output and my list would be complete.
And for the record, I don't have ten "ugly" friends.thumbs up

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 14, 2016 18:12

How can you post something negative about the greatest.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 14, 2016 18:22

I am NOT interested in you DISLIKES. I don't see the point. If you don't like Street Fighting man or LADY JANE then rest a sure there are still a MILLION who do like these songs. Or any other song. Taste is personal. Negativity is a pest. Life is not a vote or a competition. It is not like mob rules here on IORR.

I walk around in the streets of the cities around the world. I watch people with different faces, different cultures, religions, political opinions and status in life. I see their faces and I wonder how their lifes are. I am sure they have a rich and interesting life. I can't say I have a better life or they have a better life. We are all different. I watch a girl age 13 and I wonder if she will have children in 10 years, I wonder how their life will be. I see houses that are self made out of nothing in some of the cities in Latin America. I see business people walking in suit and tie few blocks away. I am not a judge. I can't tell who is better or who is worse, who has a great life and who should be in a list of the ten most misearable or whatever.

I will never ever tolerate negativity on IORR. Negativity means hate. Negativity means something or someone is better than others. Like I say, it is not accepted here. There is nothing like a bad face or a bad song. It's all personal.

Bjornulf

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 14, 2016 18:29

bv
I am NOT interested in you DISLIKES. I don't see the point. If you don't like Street Fighting man or LADY JANE then rest a sure there are still a MILLION who do like these songs. Or any other song. Taste is personal. Negativity is a pest. Life is not a vote or a competition. It is not like mob rules here on IORR...

Of course taste is personal. But I'm still not following why people can't discuss what they do or don't like, seems like that is the point in almost anything one posts.

Posted by: axl79 ()
Date: March 14, 2016 19:10

LeonidP
bv
I am NOT interested in you DISLIKES. I don't see the point. If you don't like Street Fighting man or LADY JANE then rest a sure there are still a MILLION who do like these songs. Or any other song. Taste is personal. Negativity is a pest. Life is not a vote or a competition. It is not like mob rules here on IORR...

Of course taste is personal. But I'm still not following why people can't discuss what they do or don't like, seems like that is the point in almost anything one posts.

This site is in place because we LIKE the Roliing Stones, there is no point in talking about things we may not like, life is more fun than that ! (BTW, I'm glad and thankful to listen to every song they may ever write or perform, no matter what).

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 14, 2016 19:29

LeonidP
bv

Yes a bit confusing. Should we not discuss which bands we dislike?

Songs are not human beings as they have no feelings and can't have their feelings hurt.
And again, I somewhat understand Bv's point regarding negativity, but there's a difference between dislike and hate.

As Ringo says "Peace and Love everyone"
(Stop hating on the Beatles!)

Date: March 14, 2016 19:35

More Hot Rocks

Let's hear it for Shattered, then! winking smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 14, 2016 19:42

DandelionPowderman
More Hot Rocks

Let's hear it for Shattered, then! winking smiley

You got me.......>grinning smiley<

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1729
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home