Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: What happened to Tauk's "Sexiest RS album" thread?
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 3, 2015 01:46

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-03 19:39 by Deltics.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: August 3, 2015 04:07

isaac asimov: "it pays to be obvious, especially if you have a reputation for subtlety."

oh wait - none of that applies here

Re: What do you think happened?
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 3, 2015 12:59

brokecollegestudent
I know that I am not supposed to make posts like this

So why are you doing it instead of sending an email to Bjornulf to ask him directly?

And does it really surprise you (or Tauk) that iorr wasn't deemed an appropriate site
to post about her masturbatory habits? Seriously? I'm sure there are plenty of sites
where that sort of thread is very welcome, so what really was the aim of posting it here?

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: August 3, 2015 14:59

35love
Ew. I love Mick but that was 'Ew'.

Out of respect for my husband, I don't go on about Mick (or Keith from 1979-ish thru 1990-ish years).
At least out loud or in print.

I love Mick too but wtf???? I wish I could unsee that clip.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 3, 2015 15:24

with sssoul
brokecollegestudent

So why are you doing it instead of sending an email to Bjornulf to ask him directly?

And does it really surprise you (or Tauk) that iorr wasn't deemed an appropriate site
to post about her masturbatory habits? Seriously? I'm sure there are plenty of sites
where that sort of thread is very welcome, so what really was the aim of posting it here?

She has been banned. Do you agree with that too, mrs. 'Soul'?

Tauk was creating some fun, whether you liked it or not, and it is totally inappropriate to accuse her of masturbatory habits (though there is nothing wrong with those habits, except maybe in victorian England).

Date: August 3, 2015 15:38

Mercy, kleermaker - I'm not "accusing" anyone of anything. That thread is openly about masturbation.
I'm asking if an adult, educated woman really seriously believes iorr is an appropriate forum to post about that topic.
And BCS has not been banned (although she may be cruising for that for whatever reason).

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: August 3, 2015 16:26

kleermaker
with sssoul
brokecollegestudent

She has been banned. Do you agree with that too, mrs. 'Soul'?

Tauk was creating some fun, whether you liked it or not, and it is totally inappropriate to accuse her of masturbatory habits (though there is nothing wrong with those habits, except maybe in victorian England).

are you really that confused?
there is no accusation of having habits here - that whole thread was a description of the activities and going at them and invitations to others to email the op in order to get more in-depth specifics

with sssoul is entirely correct in pointing out that there are plenty of sites where these threads are not just welcome, but the primary focus and that perhaps this site is not the joint for it any more than it is the place for posting photos of xeroxed body parts. That thread was very odd, to say the least, and sophmorically manipulative.

it was not just the self-indulgence that the op had decided was a bit of fun to be created, but she/he continued to bump the post up to the top of the first page with her/his continuing self-replies

the op of this thread has a yen to be banned from iorr, so is boldly going forth on this mission in order to be awarded that scout's badge instead of simply ceasing to post on this board

the dna of iorr is, i thought, that posters are generally not those who pose trying on various identities to create imaginary personas, but a place where posters can be trusted in the information and insights that are shared about the rolling stones. was onlystones "creating some fun"? and then more fun as lipsowads and now stonesdolphin? for her, perhaps, but it is trolling to posters who are here for the intended purpose of the board

as to your reply and at the risk of flaunting the obvious, does this make it more 'kleer' to you:
[www.iorr.org]

whether about masturbation or some other incessant solipsism the poster was basically trolling as is the op of this thread in pretending to not be posting to get a specific reaction

edited 743 times by cloudcat trying to get the bleedin link to link

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-03 20:55 by CloudCat.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 3, 2015 19:00

with sssoul
Mercy, kleermaker - I'm not "accusing" anyone of anything. That thread is openly about masturbation.
I'm asking if an adult, educated woman really seriously believes iorr is an appropriate forum to post about that topic.
And BCS has not been banned (although she may be cruising for that for whatever reason).

The question who was banned or not concerned Tauk, not BCS, so I was of course referring to Tauk.

You have a weird definition of masturbation, but perhaps it is a matter of culture difference.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 3, 2015 19:02

I got to admit I found tauks thread weird. Who cares what happened to it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 3, 2015 19:20

kleermaker
with sssoul

The question who was banned or not concerned Tauk, not BCS, so I was of course referring to Tauk.

You have a weird definition of masturbation, but perhaps it is a matter of culture difference.

Kleer, please define your version of it...perhaps we can get to the long and short of it quicker.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 3, 2015 19:31

kleermaker
with sssoul

Not certain what adult or educated has to do with it. It was obviously a humorous thread with some sexual underpinnings, harmless enough, imo. I should point out that many of Jaggers lyrics contain even more blatant sexual innuendos and direct references, it's a part of rock and roll and an even bigger part of life. My feeling is if you don't like the subject or thread, just avoid it. There certainly wasn't any vulgar discourse going on there, the thread is still up so no worries.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 3, 2015 19:39

Naturalust
kleermaker
with sssoul

Not certain what adult or educated has to do with it. It was obviously a humorous thread with some sexual underpinnings, harmless enough, imo. I should point out that many of Jaggers lyrics contain even more blatant sexual innuendos and direct references, it's a part of rock and roll and an even bigger part of life. My feeling is if you don't like the subject or thread, just avoid it. There certainly wasn't any vulgar discourse going on there, the thread is still up so no worries.

This is the thread she was banned for:
[www.iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 3, 2015 19:53

with sssoul

i'm so confused.
are you familiar with the stones' lyrics?
each song's lyrics are published on this forum.
do you realize what sexually oriented subject matter is covered within the stones lyrics? can i refer you to the song "some girls" as a simple starting point?

i ask you:

if a stones forum is not a place for open discussion of adult sexual themes in stones music, how can it possibly be a stones forum?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-03 19:53 by Turner68.

Re: The Rolling Stones
Date: August 3, 2015 19:56

Naturalust and Turner68, perhaps my question needs rephrasing.

BCS being an educated adult is relevant because it means she can be expected to read with comprehension.

My question is not about who likes what kind of content in threads, who deems what "fun",
or when something crosses the line from being mere "innuendo" and starts twirling tassles in our faces.
It's about whether someone who knows how to read with comprehension can read the iorr posting policies
and still turn up here a month later acting as if it surprises her that that thread was shut down.

Meanwhile, thanks for your concern, but I do stay away from threads that don't suit me;
and Tauk and whoever else now has a brand new "no rules" Stones-related site to post whatever they want on,
which should suit her, BCS and whoever else just fine.

So this thread serves no purpose at all, unless BCS is just stirring the pot for reasons of her own.
Which is also no hanging matter, but it's pretty disingenuous.

Oh and: Sure the Rolling Stones do and say miles of dirty dirty things - so do most of us.
But that doesn't make iorr the right place to post all our habits and fantasies.

Over and out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-03 21:15 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 3, 2015 20:22

Hey sssoul, I agree it is a silly thread since anyone who knows how to search could pretty easily see where the thread is and what happened to it and I understand now what you were getting at, thanks for the clarification.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 4, 2015 00:37

Deltics
This is the thread she was banned for:
[www.iorr.org]

Thanks Deltics. Just wondering if anybody else checked your post

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 4, 2015 00:51

with sssoul
Over and out

You'd wish smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 4, 2015 09:01

It is not a human right to post about masturbation on IORR. Those who think people are banned for no reason do know my e-mail addcress, but they are trolls so they start threads like this one rather than contacting me.

There are girls who line up to free inmates who have murdered children and police. There are people who want me - the IORR editor - to unban people wo have treatened my life. It does happen quite often. Please give me a break. I don't have much patience for people who do not respect other individuals.

Bjornulf

Why can't we post hate stuff and negativity on IORR?
Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: March 14, 2016 05:12

HEY BV - HMS POST ISNT NEGATIVE - PLEASE REOPEN

Hi BV,

Everyone on IORR loves and gives $ to The Rolling Stones.

Having a thread that discusses the songs we like the least shouldn't be considered negative. It's simply which songs Stones fans like the least.

And I'm sure Mick & company would like to know so they don't waste time rehearsing and playing songs the fans don't like.

I'm sure HMS likes the 15 songs he posted...he just likes them lesser than
the rest of the catalog.

What's wrong with that...have a little fun.

PECMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-14 16:00 by bv.

Re: HEY BV - HMS POST ISNT NEGATIVE - PLEASE REOPEN
Date: March 14, 2016 11:37

Pecman dear, Bjornulf doesn't like all-caps thread titles - he's already changed one of your titles,
so please take the cue, save him the effort (he's a busy guy!) and turn off the caps-lock.
He's also said that he prefers to be contacted by email if you have questions about his moderating activities,
so you might want to try that instead of this thread. Up to you ...

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: March 14, 2016 12:27

My post wasnt meant to be negative. We always discuss what are our favorite tunes, favorite albums and so on. We always think about what could have been done to make GRRR a better compilation and so on.

We all love the Stones and their music, but we all have some certain songs we do not like. You cant like always everything. I guess it should be allowed to talk about it in a special thread. Beside that I think it is a funny idea to compile a "worst-of-The-Stones" instead another "Best-Of". This is not against the Stones and not an insult or whatever negative.

So I would like to see the thread re-opened please and I think I am not the only one. This isnt Stones-bashing, this is about compiling an album with least-liked Stones-songs only just for fun.

BV, this is your living-room and you are the one to make the rules - but this fun-thread should be allowed imo, it doesnt do any harm to nobody and least to the Stones. Plus this thread will be forgotten anyway within a few days just like so many others. I cannot see any damage a "Fun-thread" like this could do. I wasnt able to post my personal compilation as I am compiling it right now and I am honestly GOING TO LISTEN TO IT when it is finished. It is simply FUN. smiling smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 14, 2016 12:33

I saw it as bit of fun with co-incidental positive consequences, I made up my choice on to disc and discovered a few nice licks I hadn't heard before.........(Also, I think it's the lyrics that let some down (Hold back esp), Mick might have been better just ghost vocalling some of them ......

Pecman, I think with sssoul has a point about the'shouting' caps, (maybe not the best or most advisable approach...........eye popping smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-14 12:36 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 14, 2016 13:38

A funny thing is - when someone starts a list thread - suddenly there are 10-15 of them around. They spread like viruses....

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 14, 2016 13:51

Pecman = Max? That guy also used a lot of caps trying to outshout everyone.

HMS post ain't closed
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 14, 2016 15:23

Stoneage
A funny thing is - when someone starts a list thread - suddenly there are 10-15 of them around. They spread like viruses....
true and that's probably the reason why bv moved them into this container, I suppose:

[www.iorr.org]

Scorcese's "Setlist, where's the setlist!" could go into that box too, imo.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 14, 2016 16:00

May be you just don't get it...

Please name the ten most ugly friends you have. Make a letter and write them for Christmas, or may be for their birthdays. Tell them they won your "most ugly friend" competition, and tell them you still love them. The question is, do they still love you?

Bjornulf

Date: March 14, 2016 16:09

Koen
Pecman = Max? That guy also used a lot of caps trying to outshout everyone.

No, he's still around.

Perhaps you're thinking of BILL PERKS? He's not as loud anymore smiling smiley

Re: Why can't we post hate stuff and negativity on IORR?
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 14, 2016 16:11

There's already to much hate in the world. IORR should be a safe haven with respect and civility.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 14, 2016 16:24

The thread title made me laugh! I don't know if that was Pecman's intention though...

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: March 14, 2016 16:36

Maindefender
There's already to much hate in the world. IORR should be a safe haven with respect and civility.

I thought this was a Donald Trump posting

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2447
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home