Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: could Canada be the last time
Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 16, 2015 23:04

Mr.D
No, they'll be back here in the U.S. in the fall to play more shows, you know they won't quit until Mick, Keith or Charlie die!smiling smiley

To get to the nitty gritty, this is really the only answer to that question. Barring any serious health issues or death, they will still be back on the road somewhere soon. And sooner than later because I'm sure they're aware that health issues and death are increasingly plausible. I don't even know why Bjornulf still bothers to post in threads like this, considering one crops up about every 2 days.

Re: The Rolling Stones tour plans 2015/2016
Date: July 16, 2015 23:33

andrewt
They are in a groove of six weeks touring, few months off.

It's clearly working.

There is no reason why they can't keep this up for a while and no reason to doubt that they won't.

I hope that's the case, and I think this is pretty accurate. Just like anyone else has their hobbies, this is theirs, and they probably get bored when kept from it for too long. I really hope I am able to see them again, and I will blow a whole paycheck on it without a second thought!

Date: July 16, 2015 23:36

brokecollegestudent
andrewt

It's clearly working.

There is no reason why they can't keep this up for a while and no reason to doubt that they won't.

I hope that's the case, and I think this is pretty accurate. Just like anyone else has their hobbies, this is theirs, and they probably get bored when kept from it for too long. I really hope I am able to see them again, and I will blow a whole paycheck on it without a second thought!

i thought you were gone forever brokecollegestudent!

Date: July 16, 2015 23:41

alieb
brokecollegestudent
andrewt

It's clearly working.

i thought you were gone forever brokecollegestudent!

Stuck at home from work and the gym/outdoors all week due to my surgery lol so I am back temporarily (glued to my bed because of pain meds falling in and out of sleep) hah! good to talk to you alieb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-16 23:43 by brokecollegestudent.

Date: July 16, 2015 23:52

Phoenix, Houston, Denver, Seattle, NY City, Miami

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:02

NYC - MS Garden for sure

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:44

My friend rang his friend today. His friend is friends with 1 of the principals. He said UK is on a million per cent (if there was such a thing) I was stood next to him when this conversation happened.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:57

exhpart
My friend rang his friend today. His friend is friends with 1 of the principals. He said UK is on a million per cent (if there was such a thing) I was stood next to him when this conversation happened.

Any idea when?

Date: July 17, 2015 01:08

would be nice if they had something to coincide with the exhibitionism run...

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: July 17, 2015 01:54

Check out their short 30 second video they made prior to last night's show giving thanks to those that supported the Zip Code Tour. Mick's last comment... I think we're getting the hang of it, maybe we should do it again sometime. Now there's your answer.

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: July 17, 2015 03:59

waiting on bv to share his info he said he would post today.....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 17, 2015 06:45

taz22
waiting on bv to share his info he said he would post today.....

Same here.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 17, 2015 07:22

I think they've finally got a formula Mick is willing to work with:

-sober Keith and Ronnie, both playing well
-Huge guarantees
-sidemen to cover mistakes and ensure consistency
-supportive crowds and reviews
-not too challenging lyrical demands (setlist wise)

Of course they are going to keep this train rollin'!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 17, 2015 07:49

alieb
would be nice if they had something to coincide with the exhibitionism run...

Yes, this would make sense.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 17, 2015 12:48

Hate to jump the gun here, but I read BV commenting his own Facebook post and saying "now we may rest until early next year".

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: July 17, 2015 15:53

Rollin92
exhpart

Any idea when?

Oh it was this year. Listen I truly know nothing but just saying. Although if it's outdoors in the UK they'd better announce it quick, unless it's something like V Festival where tickets are selling well anyway.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 17, 2015 16:31

Hopefully we have many years left of live Stones shows...and, when the final show comes around, which it will one day, I hope it's a planned show rather than an insignificant show in an insignificant place...their final show should be in London or at the very least England. Chances are though that it will be unplanned and everything will just stop at the point when one of the three is too ill to continue.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: July 17, 2015 19:19

keefriffhards

Although i have a hunch Keith's going to be busy

and remember mr mick jagger has that television production scheduled to be shooting in new york during july and august

Date: July 17, 2015 21:50

just sittin here doing my jig saw puzzle!!

Where are ya BV!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 17, 2015 22:54

jumpontopofmebaby

Where are ya BV!

I think I read that Bornjulf was arriving back home today from the tour so let's give him time to rest.

We all want to know what is happening with the Stones next and I am sure we will all find out soon enough.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: MRJIMMMY ()
Date: July 18, 2015 03:18

hope you all saw the stones. last time there coming around. I have been thinking that since 1981 !! grinning smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: July 18, 2015 06:31

I think with Keith's album out we won't see them again this year. He always said he was waiting till the Stones finished up before releasing it. It's no coincidence that it was announced the day after the last show.
I'd trust bv and assume we will see them again somewhere early next year.
Would love it if they could make up the twice cancelled Hanging Rock show!!

Posted by: akissaway ()
Date: July 18, 2015 17:19

As the Zip Code tour was winding down toward the end, talk became commonplace (if you had contact with the right people, not simply fans) that there WILL be another tour soon. This talk was not fan rumor and speculation. Few were feeling down about the ending of this tour, because we know we just have to wait a bit for the next round. Instead of sadness at the tour ending, we are all elated that we get more shows from our favorite band, and more future get-togethers with our Stonesfriends. Rock on, Rolling Stones!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-18 17:29 by akissaway.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 18, 2015 17:38

akissaway
As the Zip Code tour was winding down toward the end, talk became commonplace (if you had contact with the right people, not simply fans) that there WILL be another tour soon. This talk was not fan rumor and speculation. Few were feeling down about the ending of this tour, because we know we just have to wait a bit for the next round. Instead of sadness at the tour ending, we are all elated that we get more shows from our favorite band, and more future get-togethers with our Stonesfriends. Rock on, Rolling Stones!

continues with the logical assumption we'd made in 2012-13, which is that they could continue this schedule for as long as they wanted. Small handful of shows over a couple of months, in a specific geographic location, several days between shows, and then several months off.

Leaves them lots of time for family and other projects, little pressure, and they keep their chops intact for the next round of shows.

I think the only question ultimately will be is there enough interest on their part to create some new material...either as an entire album, or as a periodic series of 'singles' released as downloads.

Time will tell but I think if they keep going, eventually they'll just want to record some new material to keep things interesting.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: July 18, 2015 17:38

Maybe they could follow up with a Postal Code tour...stops in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Moncton, etc

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: July 18, 2015 17:53

Thank you akissaway!! Very happy for this news.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 18, 2015 18:38

Nate
jumpontopofmebaby

Where are ya BV!

I think I read that Bornjulf was arriving back home today from the tour so let's give him time to rest.

We all want to know what is happening with the Stones next and I am sure we will all find out soon enough.

Nate thumbs up

Just Give Bjornulf some time to relax and rest.
I think we will know more by the end of next week.
Jeroen

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 18, 2015 20:19

I think this is all the shows for this year if they come back to na this I will

Be surprised they need along break

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 18, 2015 21:26

stones2000
Maybe they could follow up with a Postal Code tour...stops in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Moncton, etc

- and TW2 7BA please (or would settle for HA9 0WS or SE10 0DX)

That's Twickenham, Wembley and the O2. Or even W2 2UH again...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 20, 2015 14:37

For those who speak Spanish:

A lot of South American websites now talking about February 2016. For example:

[www.mdzol.com]

[www.elsol.com.ar]

[rollingstonesok.blogspot.com.ar]

(Reportedly they had booked venues etc. for this autumn and even the guarantee money was on the table, but it was cancelled "at the last minute" )

Take it for what it's worth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-20 14:38 by Topi.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1973
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home