Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Darryl Jones documentary
Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: July 14, 2015 07:34

I am making a documentary film about Darryl Jones. I have already conducted extensive interviews with Darryl, and I've also filmed interviews with Keith Richards, Ron Wood, Charlie Watts, Lisa Fischer, Bernard Fowler and others. Darryl has an amazing story, and I think you are going to learn a lot about Darryl and about the Stones as well. If you are a Stones fan, you will enjoy this film. I can tell you one thing - the Rolling Stones love Darryl Jones! I can't say any more right now, but stay tuned...

Re: Darryl Jones documentary
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 14, 2015 08:21

kewl!

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: July 14, 2015 08:50

I hope the documentary won't be disrespectful to Bill

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: July 14, 2015 09:00

From when on will I be able so see it? And where? Selected cinemas? DVD? Some stream? More info, please, I love documentaries about music I like!

Cheers, Fillmore

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 14, 2015 09:03

Would you like to schedule an interview with me?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 14, 2015 16:58

I like documentaries..

there have been a bunch of good ones lately.

interesting to make one about Darryl.. one thing I always wondered about is his film career, he's said he wants to act.

Date: July 14, 2015 17:13

Rollin92

Most likely not, but I'm sure as soon as he hears one of the Stones say what a great bass player Darryl is, he'll start screaming bloody murder!

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 14, 2015 17:20

Rollin92

Unbelievable: Already the 2cd post to a thru and thru positive thread is
anxious about something and doesn´t react at all on the good things to expect.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 14, 2015 18:06

Rollin92

Is there a reason it is likely to be?

Olly.

Date: July 14, 2015 18:10

Darryl....technically light years ahead of Bill. Ok
Darryl....excellent bass player. He even exceeds the requirements of a rock and roll band. Too good. ok.

BUT Bill's contribution is unequalled, unbeatable, matchless, unrecheable.

Oddly enough not even Bill does not really know where his fire stems from. But who cares?. He is always cooking.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 14, 2015 18:37

Nice! Looking forward to this roundnround, thanks for the heads up. I have a lot of respect for Darryl as a musician as I'm sure the Stones do. No doubt there will be a lot of mutual respect thrown around back and forth. I doubt the Stones have ever told him what to play, he has probably always been trusted to do what he thinks best.

Listening to him play in some of those rehearsal videos has actually given me more of an understanding of what he brings to the table. Him and Charlie definitely seem to provide a solid rhythm section which sometimes gets lost in the live loud guitar mixes. I sometimes wish he had a more punchy tone so we could hear him a bit better.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 14, 2015 19:29

Daryl is great at what he does...been seeing him live since 1985 with Omar Hakim on drums...hope you concentrate on that too. Otherwise it's a Stones doc...

Date: July 14, 2015 19:50

emotionalbarbecue
Oddly enough not even Bill does not really know where his fire stems from. But who cares?. He is always cooking.

Bill seems like he has a hard time letting go, even though it was he who left out of his own free-will way back when...

Date: July 15, 2015 00:33

Munichhilton
Daryl is great at what he does...been seeing him live since 1985 with Omar Hakim on drums...hope you concentrate on that too. Otherwise it's a Stones doc...

Yes, I have interviewed Omar Hakim for the film, and also members of the Miles Davis band… Thanks for your comments...

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 15, 2015 00:42

I'm looking forward to this documentary, so please keep us updated on its progress. Thanks!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 15, 2015 01:00

roundnround
. If you are a Stones fan, you will enjoy this film. quote]

Wanna bet?

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 15, 2015 21:55

treaclefingers
kewl!

Harry?

This should be interesting, I'm sure all members of the touring band personnel have interesting stories.

Olly.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: July 15, 2015 21:56

Looping Forward, interesting, will it be on dvd?

Date: July 15, 2015 22:02

bluesinc.
Looping Forward, interesting, will it be on dvd?

Yes...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 15, 2015 23:27

Olly
treaclefingers
kewl!

Harry?

This should be interesting, I'm sure all members of the touring band personnel have interesting stories.

Oh, yeah, and I'm sure they'll be just as honest as the day is long, about their employers.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 16, 2015 09:09

I'm really looking forward to this documentary on Darryl Jones.
In the 1980s I first noticed him when he played with Miles Davis.

Then I saw him live with Sting, later with Peter Gabriel (if I remember correctly), so when he started playing with the Stones later he was a familiar face for me.

I always liked him as a bass player and he seems to be a nice guy, too. Regarding his work with the Stones: I can't tell exactly what it is, but it wasn't until Hyde Park in 2013 that I realised how important he is for the Stones and how much I actually like his playing with them. Along with Charlie and Chuck he guarantees that it all works out.
With a drummer like Charlie, who's playing is unique, it is very important to have a very good bass player, who can keep time and "the flow".

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:34

Darryl was in Stings Band also. I certainly hope You Interviewed Sting.
You should also re-watch His documentary/Movie to see the making of this band (Bring on the Night- Full Movie 1985)
Think about it .....Sting , a Bass player - hired Darryl to play Bass on his first solo record and tour (1985). The Dream of the Blue Turtle Band - Omar Hakim, Darryl Jones, Kenny Kirkland, Branford Marsalis, Dollette McDonald, Janis Pendarvis, and Sting.
Interview the surviving bands Members. Include this in your Darryl documentary.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-17 03:37 by StonesHood.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:37

roundnround
Munichhilton

Yes, I have interviewed Omar Hakim for the film, and also members of the Miles Davis band… Thanks for your comments...

Good work

Posted by: Nat Da Brat ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:58

looking forward to it, thanks. Keep us posted! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1507
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home