Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: South America 2015..
Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 10, 2015 20:03

I think that's a real shame if SA cancelled. I really hope not! I'd like to think SA fans will get some shows.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 10, 2015 20:11

Cristiano Radtke
Naturalust
Cristiano Radtke

I'm not sure if the reasons for the postponement will be known, and regardless the ticket prices the SA concerts will be one of the hottest concerts of 2016 around here, so I think most of the concerts - if not all - will be sold out, just like in USA.

I'm hearing cancelled more than postponed with reference to the SA shows. For your sake I hope not! I guess we'll just have to wait and see. If it's a money issue like I'm guessing it is what makes you think things will change by 2016?

What I heard was that the concerts were postponed for Febraury/March 2016, but the reasons for it remain unknown.

I'm sorry to insist, because the AC/DC concerts in January ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 10, 2015 20:12

MarthaTuesday
I think that's a real shame if SA cancelled. I really hope not! I'd like to think SA fans will get some shows.

Indeed, it will be a real shame if the tour here will be cancelled. There's a lot of SA fans who had the chance to travel to USA - some of them are also traveling to Canada -, but most of the SA fans are waiting for the Stones to come since 2006.

Date: July 10, 2015 20:15

powerage78
I'm sorry to insist, because the AC/DC concerts in January ?

I really don't know. Although I like AC/DC a lot, I'm not following closely the rumours about their concerts here. Are these rumours about January solid?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 10, 2015 20:21

I think so.

14 January 2016 Santiago, Stadium Nacional
17 January 2016 Buenos Aires, River Plate Stadium
20 January 2016 Porto Alegre, Beira Rio Sao Paulo Stadium
22 January 2016 Sao Paulo, Estádio do Morumbi
24 January 2016 Rio de Janeiro, Maracana Stadium
26 January 2016 Belo Horizonte, Mineirão Stadium
29 January 2016 Bogota, Estadio Santiago Campín

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-10 20:31 by powerage78.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: July 11, 2015 07:56

I just got word that South America is not going ahead at this time...

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 11, 2015 08:58

Maybe there are security concerns for South America?

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 11, 2015 09:10

It will be interesting to hear exactly why the shows are not happening, or if the shows just delayed. Lucky for IORR there many "insiders" here so we will know shortly, right?

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: July 11, 2015 10:03

Doubt if any reason for no SA tour comes from Stones camp. That's because they want to be politically correct and not insult SA.

To me, it's obviously economics. SA is a mess. The two biggest, for the Stones, SA countries are Brazil and Argentina. Brazil's economy is slumping for several reasons - one is the corruption problems in government, but there are other reasons too. Argentina has extremely strict currency controls - no way to get Stones type money out of there. Many SA countries export lots of commodities - and commodity prices have dropped a lot - disproportionately hurting SA. With significant financial issues in Brazil and Argentina, and with no countries there doing really well, unless the Stones want to do a virtual charity tour, SA isn't happening for a long time.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 11, 2015 10:39

IGTBA
Doubt if any reason for no SA tour comes from Stones camp. That's because they want to be politically correct and not insult SA.

To me, it's obviously economics. SA is a mess. The two biggest, for the Stones, SA countries are Brazil and Argentina. Brazil's economy is slumping for several reasons - one is the corruption problems in government, but there are other reasons too. Argentina has extremely strict currency controls - no way to get Stones type money out of there. Many SA countries export lots of commodities - and commodity prices have dropped a lot - disproportionately hurting SA. With significant financial issues in Brazil and Argentina, and with no countries there doing really well, unless the Stones want to do a virtual charity tour, SA isn't happening for a long time.

I did not realize things were that bad, thanks for the explaination.

Date: July 11, 2015 10:42

IGTBA

February/March 2016, that's what I heard. Let's see what happens.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 11, 2015 11:26

February/March 2016 would be great for me if it happens then. I would stretch it to 3 or 4 weeks at that time. smileys with beer

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 12:03

Feb / march i think is still a good moment to play SA. And they have few more months time to set up a Big Bang in Cuba. Somebody will pay and they will give an historical free concert

Date: July 11, 2015 13:01

Cuba would be great with the Castro brothers Fidel and Raul in attendance. smileys with beer

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 11, 2015 20:36

Come on people this is the second time the SA shows have been rumoured then cancelled. There is more to this than meets the eye. Did Keith just say f--k it, i'm releasing my album and doing some shows and that's that. The Guys got 300 + million dollars, he can do what he wants. Keith has been putting the release of his album off for so long now, i just think he said right that's it, September, and i'm is sticking to it. SA can wait..

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: July 11, 2015 20:48

keefriffhards
Come on people this is the second time the SA shows have been rumoured then cancelled. There is more to this than meets the eye. Did Keith just say f--k it, i'm releasing my album and doing some shows and that's that. The Guys got 300 + million dollars, he can do what he wants. Keith has been putting the release of his album off for so long now, i just think he said right that's it, September, and i'm is sticking to it. SA can wait..

i agree

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: July 12, 2015 01:19

If the cause is Keith's solo album, then he is basically reversing the stance that he has maintained for years about solo work, and effectively making a mockery of his justification for the great Richards-Jagger war of the 80's. Keith wanted to tour, Jagger wanted to work at his solo career, battle lines were drawn. Keith stated and has maintained in all the years since that his anger was at Jagger for choosing solo over Stones projects.

If this idea is the cause, and I personally doubt it, then he would be more than a little hypocritical feigning surprise or hurt that his decision might trigger the same type of reaction. And if it did trigger the same reaction, we have seen the end at their age, and ultimately it would be Keith, not Mick, that has laid the Stones to rest. I just can't see that.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 12, 2015 01:22

kahoosier
If the cause is Keith's solo album, then he is basically reversing the stance that he has maintained for years about solo work, and effectively making a mockery of his justification for the great Richards-Jagger war of the 80's. Keith wanted to tour, Jagger wanted to work at his solo career, battle lines were drawn. Keith stated and has maintained in all the years since that his anger was at Jagger for choosing solo over Stones projects.

If this idea is the cause, and I personally doubt it, then he would be more than a little hypocritical feigning surprise or hurt that his decision might trigger the same type of reaction. And if it did trigger the same reaction, we have seen the end at their age, and ultimately it would be Keith, not Mick, that has laid the Stones to rest. I just can't see that.

amazing how some people always manage to blame keith for everything.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: July 12, 2015 01:55

The cause is that the Rolling Stones must go to record a new studio album.

Date: July 12, 2015 01:55

kahoosier

Not being funny but i would rather Keith solo than more and more of the same. how many times can you want to hear miss you and doom and gloom.
The Stones really shine with new songs live, but we have not seen much of that.
Keith was well on the way to completing this album in 2012 before the stones started 50 celebrations. Time is running out for Keith. He has been putting this album on the back burner for over 2 years now, that's loyalty to the stones. I don't think the few shows he may do solo will take up much time. so hopefully no falling out between them.
To be honest this late in the game every show could be their last if any one of them became ill. Hopefully they are good to go for another few years but at 72 its about time Keith was loyal to himself.
Also Remember Keith wants to make a new stones album , he has made that clear. its Mick who is laying the Stones to rest creatively IMHO
That's how i will remember it !!!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 12, 2015 02:12

I seem to recall that over 6 months ago Keith inferred that with the current spate of Stones activity, it would mean his solo record would not surface until around September.
This is precisely what is happening.
The SA tour will happen, no doubt, but will have to wait. I don't buy into the "economic argument" either....plenty of other Acts are doing tours..
Expect SA in 2016.
And maybe Greece sometime after!

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 12, 2015 02:19

jlowe
I seem to recall that over 6 months ago Keith inferred that with the current spate of Stones activity, it would mean his solo record would not surface until around September.
The SA tour will happen, no doubt, but will have to wait. I don't buy into the "economic argument" either....plenty of other Acts are doing tours..
Expect SA in 2016.

A theatre show?

Olly.

Date: July 12, 2015 02:21

jlowe
Expect SA in 2016.

spot on mate thumbs up he said September and September it is.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: July 12, 2015 02:57

jlowe

Expect SA in 2016.

Not many acts in Argentina. Several are rumored, but not many confirmed - and none will have ticket prices anywhere near the Stones - plus the other possible significant acts are just for one night. The Stones can fill and need multiple nights there for that tour to make sense. Show me that other acts are taking more than a million dollars from Argentina - and I'll maybe start thinking different. The Stones need to be able to take probably in excess of $10 million from there - how can that happen with their currency controls?

Greece - LOL - but I think that might happen before SA, if they stay in the Euro. Maybe the Germans will own Athens Olympic Stadium soon.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 12, 2015 03:02

IGTBA
jlowe

Expect SA in 2016.

Not many acts in Argentina. Several are rumored, but not many confirmed - and none will have ticket prices anywhere near the Stones - plus the other possible significant acts are just for one night. The Stones can fill and need multiple nights there for that tour to make sense. Show me that other acts are taking more than a million dollars from Argentina - and I'll maybe start thinking different. The Stones need to be able to take probably in excess of $10 million from there - how can that happen with their currency controls?

Greece - LOL - but I think that might happen before SA, if they stay in the Euro. Maybe the Germans will own Athens Olympic Stadium soon.

True.

It may turn out to be not just economically unviable, but approcahing the economically impossible.

Olly.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 12, 2015 05:54

Just wondering....

How can something be cancelled if it was never confirmed?
Yes there were rumours, but was there anything official regarding South America?

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 12, 2015 11:44

MarthaTuesday
Thanks Martha! I/we keep our fingers crossed!

Date: July 12, 2015 12:38

Hairball
Just wondering....

How can something be cancelled if it was never confirmed?
Yes there were rumours, but was there anything official regarding South America?

I was thinking the very same thing Hairball

Date: July 12, 2015 21:42

Don't bite .

I think JumpinJeppeFlash is at it again trying to get fans annoyed as he did in the 'Argentinians ' thread that got closed.
thumbs down

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 12, 2015 21:43

kahoosier

The amazing interaction between people.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home