Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: South America 2015..
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 9, 2015 18:47

Cristiano Radtke
Nate
Thanks for translating Cristiano
I will buy you a beer in South America if I ever get there haha

Nate thumbs up

Only one beer? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

South America The Rolling Stones The Girls Party Time

Many Beers

Nate smileys with beer spinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs up

Posted by: paulorrenato ()
Date: July 10, 2015 01:23

an Argentine website said the news of the cancellation of the tour are false
I found it at @RollingStonesOK

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: July 10, 2015 05:30

Bogota is at about 8600ft elevation.....Mick will have to start running marathons to be shape! Lima, too. It took me 2 days to recover just arriving in Bogota and I was in good shape!

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: July 10, 2015 08:22

Lima is at sea level...

However, i see a latinamerica tour even without Brazil could happen!

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: July 10, 2015 09:20

My mistake on Lima.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 10, 2015 12:36

so the concert in canada can be the last concert in 2015 ?

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 10, 2015 13:09

andrea66

According to Bjornulf yes and he knows what he talks about.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 10, 2015 13:34

JumpinJeppeFlash
andrea66

According to Bjornulf yes and he knows what he talks about.

where did BV mention this. must have missed it.
Jeroen

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: July 10, 2015 13:38

In the last post of his tour blog.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: July 10, 2015 14:01

spunky

Just this:
"I am still enjoying the tour, on my way to Buffalo I am now counting the days. In a week from now I will be on a flight back home. It has been a great tour and the last week of the tour will be like crossing the line after a 42 km marathon. It feels great for sure!"

So nothing about SA cancelled...

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 10, 2015 14:04

Dreamer
spunky

Just this:
"I am still enjoying the tour, on my way to Buffalo I am now counting the days. In a week from now I will be on a flight back home. It has been a great tour and the last week of the tour will be like crossing the line after a 42 km marathon. It feels great for sure!"

Read again and you might see this:

"Now I hear the planned for South America shows are off for this year"

Date: July 10, 2015 14:38

Beast
Dreamer
spunky

Just this:

Read again and you might see this:

"Now I hear the planned for South America shows are off for this year"

Yes I see it. News like that travels very fast in the crew. Sometimes even before everyone in the band knows. I'll try to get some info today.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 10, 2015 14:39

"Now I hear the planned for South America shows are off for this year,"

aw man, that is too bad. I was really hoping for a Fall tour this year for my South American friends, especially down in Argentina. The Stones are on fire right now playing so well and they have perfected playing stadium shows where they can make 40,000-60,000 people happy and make 8-10 million Dollars per show.

Keep the faith, the SA will happen, sooner or later. They are due.

But if the SA shows are delayed then maybe that means that Keith and Waddy et al. will head out and do some shows in support of Keef's album. So at least that will make fans in the SUPER BIG CITIES happy, because that is usually all he plays on those tours. SUPER BIG CITIES like Chicago, LA, NYC, probably not places like Regina, Missoula or Boise.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: July 10, 2015 15:11

Any news of a plan B? Stones shows in NYC or London if SA not going to happen this year?
Or only a small Keith tour?

Date: July 10, 2015 15:23

spunky
Any news of a plan B? Stones shows in NYC or London if SA not going to happen this year?
Or only a small Keith tour?

Educated guess at this moment (could change in a few hours):

KR doing some gigs and maybe the RS do SA in 2016...

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: July 10, 2015 15:55

Maybe South America March April next year and back to NYC then UK for some summer dates?

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: July 10, 2015 15:57

Or if we are really lucky the dates have been postponed to make way for the recording of a new album! One can only dream...

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 10, 2015 16:52

relms
"Now I hear the planned for South America shows are off for this year,"

now i think it is really true. i am sorry, not because i would have gone to see the stones in S.A., but because it makes me feel better to know that the stones are on the road somewhere. it makes me feel kind of " that i am not getting old" .. a consolatory warm feeling

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 10, 2015 19:03

I wonder what the issues are that caused this change of plans? Perhaps the economies of the SA countries couldn't support the huge fees the Stones are asking these days. I do find it hard to imagine some of those poorer countries paying anywhere close to what the US audiences paid for tickets. I mean the average per capita income in Uruguay is only $777 per year!

If it's true that Mick was the only one who hadn't signed on for this leg I would assume it has something to do with the tour finances. I doubt we'll ever get a straight answer about it but it seems pretty obvious to me the the Stones have just priced themselves out of a SA tour.

I just worry whenever the Stones take too much time off because at their ages and with the size of the organization it must take a lot of effort to get the ball rolling again.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 10, 2015 19:23

AC/DC WILL play in SA in january 2016.

Buy yes, and thanks to them, the most expensive ticket is 89 € in Europe and from 40 to 105 £ in USA...

(420 £ in Buffalo section K for the Stones, come on ! eye rolling smiley What a surprise we have to look for a young public...

Naturalust
Date: July 6, 2015 19:04

Geezus, that crowd looks absolutely wild man! Apples to Oranges but Stones crowds are pretty tame by comparison.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-10 19:25 by powerage78.

Date: July 10, 2015 19:31

powerage78
AC/DC WILL play in SA in january 2016.

Buy yes, and thanks to them, the most expensive ticket is 89 € in Europe and from 40 to 105 £ in USA...

(420 £ in Buffalo section K for the Stones, come on ! eye rolling smiley What a surprise we have to look for a young public...

Naturalust
Date: July 6, 2015 19:04

Geezus, that crowd looks absolutely wild man! Apples to Oranges but Stones crowds are pretty tame by comparison.

When I compare the Beunos Aires Stones crowd with the US Stones audiences then look at the US AC/DC crowd and try to project the same difference onto a SA AC/DC crowd it boggles the mind. Those are gonna be some wild ass parties man!

Date: July 10, 2015 19:34

FOR SURE (2009) :

[www.vevo.com] spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-10 19:34 by powerage78.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: July 10, 2015 19:39

For the life of me, I can't find it here or on Stonesdoug, but someone was reporting that the South America leg was canceled in favor of more US dates in Nov/Dec this year back in arenas. I hope that is true, and would make a lot of sense given how strongly this current leg has been received.

Date: July 10, 2015 19:40

$$$ (sorry SA)

Date: July 10, 2015 19:41

Here it is - for what it's worth....

[shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 10, 2015 19:48

Naturalust
I wonder what the issues are that caused this change of plans? Perhaps the economies of the SA countries couldn't support the huge fees the Stones are asking these days. I do find it hard to imagine some of those poorer countries paying anywhere close to what the US audiences paid for tickets. I mean the average per capita income in Uruguay is only $777 per year!

If it's true that Mick was the only one who hadn't signed on for this leg I would assume it has something to do with the tour finances. I doubt we'll ever get a straight answer about it but it seems pretty obvious to me the the Stones have just priced themselves out of a SA tour.

I just worry whenever the Stones take too much time off because at their ages and with the size of the organization it must take a lot of effort to get the ball rolling again.

I'm not sure if the reasons for the postponement will be known, and regardless the ticket prices the SA concerts will be one of the hottest concerts of 2016 around here, so I think most of the concerts - if not all - will be sold out, just like in USA.

Naturalust
Those are gonna be some wild ass parties man!

Yes, you can bet every dollar on it! winking smiley

Date: July 10, 2015 19:56

Cristiano Radtke

I'm not sure if the reasons for the postponement will be known, and regardless the ticket prices the SA concerts will be one of the hottest concerts of 2016 around here, so I think most of the concerts - if not all - will be sold out, just like in USA.

I'm hearing cancelled more than postponed with reference to the SA shows. For your sake I hope not! I guess we'll just have to wait and see. If it's a money issue like I'm guessing it is what makes you think things will change by 2016?

Date: July 10, 2015 19:59

Promoters have to be looking at the success of the current tour and waving big bucks to get them back in the US asap.

Let's face it, even many of us are surprised at how successful this tour has been.

Date: July 10, 2015 20:01

It'a a mini US Tour.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 10, 2015 20:03

Naturalust
Cristiano Radtke

I'm hearing cancelled more than postponed with reference to the SA shows. For your sake I hope not! I guess we'll just have to wait and see. If it's a money issue like I'm guessing it is what makes you think things will change by 2016?

What I heard was that the concerts were postponed for Febraury/March 2016, but the reasons for it remain unknown.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1586
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home