Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
No, Mick, a couple of slow songs next to eachother in the setlist is NOT a bad thing!
Date: June 30, 2015 01:38

I Got The Blues
Moonlight Mile

...nuff said.

Re: No, Mick, a couple of slow songs next to eachother in the setlist is NOT a bad thing!
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 30, 2015 02:45

Right, it's a couple of new songs next to each other that is a bad thing, at least in terms of maintaining audience enthusiasm.

Re: No, Mick, a couple of slow songs next to eachother in the setlist is NOT a bad thing!
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 30, 2015 03:27

Or or or or

Let It Loose and If You Really Want To Be My Friend

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 30, 2015 03:42

Munichhilton
Or or or or

Let It Loose and If You Really Want To Be My Friend

Only at a benefit for insomniacs. grinning smiley

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 30, 2015 04:21

DP- I usually agree with what you put down, but I'm out on this one. MM isn't working for me, although I admit it seems to make many posters happy. It has to be the right two songs, something the audience can participate in, like Memory Motel or something.

OT......What if they dropped a Keith song,(he can't sing AND play), and added one more "Wildcard" song, or make CYHMK a fixture in the SF mini set?

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: June 30, 2015 04:23

Whatever ballad followed by You Gotta Move. It. Will. Work.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 30, 2015 04:25

i got the blues
sister morphine

Date: June 30, 2015 04:26

Thrylan
DP- I usually agree with what you put down, but I'm out on this one. MM isn't working for me, although I admit it seems to make many posters happy. It has to be the right two songs, something the audience can participate in, like Memory Motel or something.

OT......What if they dropped a Keith song,(he can't sing AND play), and added one more "Wildcard" song, or make CYHMK a fixture in the SF mini set?

Shame on you

Wait 40 minutes before posting again

Date: June 30, 2015 04:32

20 minutes for each suggestion?

Date: June 30, 2015 04:41

Thrylan
20 minutes for each suggestion?

I'm gonna have to say yes...
MM was really great ...and Keith is the reason were buying tickets.

Penalty box

Date: June 30, 2015 04:50

It is performed well, but not my thing live. Could be enhanced by my growing negativity towards Mick playing too much guitar. MM is a good example of a great studio track that could get much better if Mick "performed" a little more, and Keith and Ronnie could flesh it out a bit.(D&G also)

I am a Keith man, but.......Tell me you wouldn't find a good Monkey Man or SFM vamp as fulfilling as Happy is these days.

Too many MM's......Monkey, Memory, Moonlight......

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 05:31

Thrylan
It is performed well, but not my thing live. Could be enhanced by my growing negativity towards Mick playing too much guitar. MM is a good example of a great studio track that could get much better if Mick "performed" a little more, and Keith and Ronnie could flesh it out a bit.(D&G also)

I am a Keith man, but.......Tell me you wouldn't find a good Monkey Man or SFM vamp as fulfilling as Happy is these days.

there should be more not less Keith songs played.

Date: June 30, 2015 05:50

Have him quit playing guitar for 3 songs?

Date: June 30, 2015 05:53

I feel the same way

Keith has created so much inside the Stones Universe that it would be nice to hear 3 or 4 songs...I and many others would love it. I also feel that if Keith wanted to do that many songs Mick probably wouldn't have an issue with it.

No Less

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 30, 2015 05:55

Turner68
Thrylan

I agree and it would be nice if Mick sang more with him. The combination of those two voices is sublime.

I also agree with Dandie that a couple slow songs in the set would be great. So many great ones to choose from. It's not all about the energy and power of the show for me, I appreciate good Stones songs of all tempos.

Date: June 30, 2015 05:56

Munichhilton
I feel the same way

Keith has created so much inside the Stones Universe that it would be nice to hear 3 or 4 songs...I and many others would love it. I also feel that if Keith wanted to do that many songs Mick probably wouldn't have an issue with it.

No Less

If you want to plop him down at the piano for Comin' Down, I'm all in!

Date: June 30, 2015 06:00

Naturalust
Turner68
Thrylan

I agree and it would be nice if Mick sang more with him. The combination of those two voices is sublime.

I also agree with Dandie that a couple slow songs in the set would be great. So many great ones to choose from. It's not all about the energy and power of the show for me, I appreciate good Stones songs of all tempos.

I'd be down for I Got the Blues, or Sister Morphine, but MM is more of a studio track to me......Evidently I'm wrong.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 30, 2015 07:16

I will do a Mick Jagger personification, reading this thread: "Nice idea in the OP. However, it is not supported by the other posters. Instead, there are minority preferences almost as many as there are posters. I am not surprised though. So it means it won't do. Right, we rather stick to the proven old setlist. We want to catch their minds and keep it. Then we need those songs that they seem to name "warhorses" on this site. We must, of course, play for the majority."

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 30, 2015 07:38

On a number of stops on the 72 Tour, they would play "Love in Vain" followed by "Sweet Virginia" and "Loving Cup" on acoustics. Does that count?

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: June 30, 2015 07:50

Far Away Eyes, Wild Horses, Dead Flowers triptych worked fine in Nashville! ...

And for the record, I loved hearing Moonlight Mile live in Pittsburgh, and I'd love to hear it again smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 07:51 by Snoopy.

Date: June 30, 2015 09:00

Thrylan
Have him quit playing guitar for 3 songs?

He plays. This is not the last leg of the ABB tour smiling smiley

But I was referring to this section in the Fonda release, and Mick's resistance to play too many slow numbers, he he.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 09:02 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 30, 2015 09:40

I Got The Blues w/The Broken Bones in Buffalo would be nice along w/MM

Dandy right, nothing wrong with back to back they've done it before. '75 Angie and Wild Horses comes to mind

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 30, 2015 15:57

Munichhilton
I feel the same way

No Less

Why doesn't Mick just watch the rolling stones perform?

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: June 30, 2015 16:39

I`d like to see Keith do coming down again.
Some other wishes....
down in the hole,
feel on baby,
pain in my heart,
she smiled sweetly,
no use in crying,

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: June 30, 2015 16:56

One Keith Song is more than enough, I think.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 19:48

if it was up to me keith would have 4 songs per gig, and not the same 4 every time. the entire setlist would be 25 songs not 19 or 20, and i would have a part of the concert where the early years of the band would get some play, maybe 3 or 4 short versions of stuff like off the hook, she said yeah, come on ,etc, each gig would feature a different list, the long versions of songs played on stones concerts would be cut, and the entire setlist would get a shake up, with very few songs played every gig.

dont know whay they dont do this, it would make things more interesting

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 30, 2015 20:09

drbryant
On a number of stops on the 72 Tour, they would play "Love in Vain" followed by "Sweet Virginia" and "Loving Cup" on acoustics. Does that count?

Yeah, but that's back when audiences smoked pot.
You could do more slow tunes but you'd have to hand out joints at the front gate.
And the stiffs in the audience would have to smoke them!hot smiley

That said, put some audience participation into You Gotta Move, and I'd reckon it would go over gangbusters, even in a stadium.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 23:07

Moonlight Mile has been stunning in the five shows I attended...so far. Buffalo next

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 30, 2015 23:22

The only Keith tune worth hearing/seeing is " You Got The Silver" AND if he did " Can't Be Seen"...short of that, it is potty break time!! YAWN!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 30, 2015 23:23

HEARMEKNOCKIN, if they EVER performed "Let It Loose" live it would be a real STONES MOMENT like no other! I'm not holding my breathe, however!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home