Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: do you think any of the stones have a glance at iorr
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 26, 2015 15:13

roller99
Bliss
Yes I do, and I believe this forum was instrumental in Mick Taylor being included on recent live shows and studio work. Taylorite power!

It's not quite the free-for-all you would believe. Posts or threads that are too critical within certain criteria will either be deleted or closed, and can lead to a poster being banned.

OMG...you're so far from the truth.

Tell me...I've been here nearly a decade.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 26, 2015 15:14

I have posted numerous times why MT was there in 2013 and not now.

Date: June 26, 2015 15:16

And the band doesn't read IORR. Keith doesn't use any tech other than fax. They have consultants read many sites and publications to gauge opinion. MJ doesn't lurk here...

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 26, 2015 15:52

of course they read it.

except Charlie. he doesn't even listen to their albums.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 26, 2015 16:03

I saw Mick texting during the Bobby Keys tribute in Nashville so I'm sure he's here on IORR, just have figure out his user name.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 16:11 by latebloomer.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 26, 2015 16:10

Oh man, if they did post here, I hope to God that their username was never revealed.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: June 26, 2015 16:34

If it would be the case El Mocambo would have been definitely released already I guess. And MT would be an official band member again. And Chuck ...

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 26, 2015 16:51

my guess is that they get tidbits from staff or their kids etc... saying people in the forums are loving moonlight mile etc....or want more sticky fingers songs....or hope buddy guy plays..or wish mick taylor was part of the tour....or that keith and ronnie are on fire this tour etc... but i doubt that they look at the sites themselves.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 26, 2015 19:01

bv has said that the Stones read the board and has stated this as a reason to keep the truly disparaging comments to a minimum.

My guess is that Mick is probably the only one who occasionally looks at the site personally but that someone in the organization scans the site frequently and prints out interesting or flattering posts for the others to read. Hell Mick might even receive a management summary of fan site posts after every show, it's his business to know what the fans think of his performances and he seems like he is pretty thorough in all things business.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 26, 2015 19:13

If any Stone read this board they would quickly stop in disgust at the personal attacks on different band members. I assume they don't read it for that reason if none other.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 26, 2015 21:19

sweet neo con
my guess is that they get tidbits from staff or their kids etc... saying people in the forums are loving moonlight mile etc....or want more sticky fingers songs....or hope buddy guy plays..or wish mick taylor was part of the tour....or that keith and ronnie are on fire this tour etc... but i doubt that they look at the sites themselves.

i'm going with this. ''sweet neo con'' this is plausible.
i think Ronnie seems to have that down to earth, still a fan of the stones (even though he is a stone ) personality that might like to know what people are thinking and saying about the band.

Date: June 26, 2015 22:27

Naturalust
bv has said that the Stones read the board and has stated this as a reason to keep the truly disparaging comments to a minimum.

My guess is that Mick is probably the only one who occasionally looks at the site personally but that someone in the organization scans the site frequently and prints out interesting or flattering posts for the others to read. Hell Mick might even receive a management summary of fan site posts after every show, it's his business to know what the fans think of his performances and he seems like he is pretty thorough in all things business.

Naturalust,

You go with your fact checking then, if that's what you believe...

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 26, 2015 22:41

never

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 26, 2015 23:13

As a Mick Jagger defender for the last ten years, I would be HAPPY if he read my comments.....most of them anyway. Even though I do wish for fewer WARHORSES and more DEEP CUTS, I think he would understand. It would not surprise me if band members posted here...boy, would I love to know Mick's username!!

Date: June 26, 2015 23:45

mickschix
As a Mick Jagger defender for the last ten years, I would be HAPPY if he read my comments.....most of them anyway. Even though I do wish for fewer WARHORSES and more DEEP CUTS, I think he would understand. It would not surprise me if band members posted here...boy, would I love to know Mick's username!!

BV is MJ winking smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 27, 2015 00:20

roller99
mickschix

BV is MJ winking smiley

I don't think Mick Jagger takes himself anywhere nearly as seriously.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 27, 2015 00:33

71Tele
roller99
mickschix

BV is MJ winking smiley

I don't think Mick Jagger takes himself anywhere nearly as seriously.

Ouch.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 27, 2015 01:32

I cannot believe that any of the rolling Stones spends two seconds of their time looking at fan internet forums. It would bore them to death, they all nave a zillon better things to do and the means to afford them, all due respect to BV. Give me a break.

Date: June 27, 2015 03:33

roller99
Naturalust

Naturalust,

Fact checking? Well the only evidence I have is an interview with Mick where he talks about reading the fan boards and is amazed at the detail and extent we analyze his work. That and the fact the bv stated sometime this month that "The Stones read this board". I don't think he would make such a statement if he weren't told it was true.

I suppose you believe that the Stones have no interest in staying in touch with their fanbase occasionally? I certainly have no fantasies that they do so or care one way or another really, but this is the most widely visited and hugely popular Stones fansite in the world.

Do you recall how Keith, Ronnie and Mick all said they had read and enjoyed Bill Germans little rag when it came out? It's hard not to imagine if they were so aware and interested in that little fanzine that they wouldn't be just as interested or more in one with 10,000X more visibility. I think you underestimate the pure entertainment value reading about themselves may bring to the Stones.

Date: June 27, 2015 04:10

Naturalust
roller99
Naturalust

Naturalust,

Fact checking? Well the only evidence I have is an interview with Mick where he talks about reading the fan boards and is amazed at the detail and extent we analyze his work. That and the fact the bv stated sometime this month that "The Stones read this board". I don't think he would make such a statement if he weren't told it was true.

I suppose you believe that the Stones have no interest in staying in touch with their fanbase occasionally? I certainly have no fantasies that they do so or care one way or another really, but this is the most widely visited and hugely popular Stones fansite in the world.

Do you recall how Keith, Ronnie and Mick all said they had read and enjoyed Bill Germans little rag when it came out? It's hard not to imagine if they were so aware and interested in that little fanzine that they wouldn't be just as interested or more in one with 10,000X more visibility. I think you underestimate the pure entertainment value reading about themselves may bring to the Stones.

That's your problem Naturalust, you think you know what I think, and you have no clue. You think I underestimate something, and you're talking out the side of your mouth dude. I discussed this with BV in person. Maybe after a tour one of them go here, but during a tour? No. In reality some member pay someone to gather relevant information. People whining about set lists or bringing back Mick Taylor are not relevant to the band. Are you that daft to think that hard core market research isn't a factor? Even BV can't keep up with every post. But once again, you go with your "expert opinion" and I'll go with things told to me by people who are either in the band, the machine, or the industry. I don't need to prove anything to you, especially since you seem to have made an entire lifetime out of challenging people here on IORR.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 27, 2015 04:19

Mick said awhile ago that he had looked at Stones forums and was amused by the spats between the posters. Any criticisms he might read bring to mind Jerry Hall's comment in her book MY LIFE IN PICTURES: "I loved the way he [Mick] didn't seem to care a hoot what people thought of him." p.130

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-27 04:27 by Title5Take1.

Date: June 27, 2015 04:40

roller99
Naturalust
roller99
Naturalust

Naturalust,

That's your problem Naturalust, you think you know what I think, and you have no clue. You think I underestimate something, and you're talking out the side of your mouth dude. I discussed this with BV in person. Maybe after a tour one of them go here, but during a tour? No. In reality some member pay someone to gather relevant information. People whining about set lists or bringing back Mick Taylor are not relevant to the band. Are you that daft to think that hard core market research isn't a factor? Even BV can't keep up with every post. But once again, you go with your "expert opinion" and I'll go with things told to me by people who are either in the band, the machine, or the industry. I don't need to prove anything to you, especially since you seem to have made an entire lifetime out of challenging people here on IORR.

I'm glad you know what my problem is roller.eye rolling smiley I don't have to guess what you think, I can just read your posts. You pretty clearly state you know a lot about Stones business and don't believe they ever read iorr, you know why MT was asked to tour and why he isn't onboard now, etc, etc. Considering you stated you weren't even much of a fan prior to this year you should find it understandable that some might question your sudden expertise on everything Stones. Now you are getting information from people in the band, the machine and the industry? Great, I will welcome your expert opinion but please don't get offended when someone else has one too.

I give you the benefit of the doubt, appreciated your early tip on the Fonda tour but don't forget what got you into that show was reading about the SF interviews here on iorr and acting accordingly. The site is much more than people whining about setlists and talking about Mick Taylor

Besides you don't have to take my opinion so seriously, I stated it was just my guess and even why I believed it was the case. Just because it is contrary to your "expert" opinion doesn't mean I'm challenging anyone. It's you that obviously feel threatened by a differing opinion. If you talked to Mick and he said he doesn't ever read posts here, great just say so. But until you do, you are just guessing like the rest of us. Lighten up.

Date: June 27, 2015 04:54

Naturalust
roller99
Naturalust
roller99
Naturalust

Naturalust,

I'm glad you know what my problem is roller.eye rolling smiley I don't have to guess what you think, I can just read your posts. You pretty clearly state you know a lot about Stones business and don't believe they ever read iorr, you know why MT was asked to tour and why he isn't onboard now, etc, etc. Considering you stated you weren't even much of a fan prior to this year you should find it understandable that some might question your sudden expertise on everything Stones. Now you are getting information from people in the band, the machine and the industry? Great, I will welcome your expert opinion but please don't get offended when someone else has one too.

I give you the benefit of the doubt, appreciated your early tip on the Fonda tour but don't forget what got you into that show was reading about the SF interviews here on iorr and acting accordingly. The site is much more than people whining about setlists and talking about Mick Taylor

Besides you don't have to take my opinion so seriously, I stated it was just my guess and even why I believed it was the case. Just because it is contrary to your "expert" opinion doesn't mean I'm challenging anyone. It's you that obviously feel threatened by a differing opinion. If you talked to Mick and he said he doesn't ever read posts here, great just say so. But until you do, you are just guessing like the rest of us. Lighten up.

I should lighten up? Being a fan and having access to information on a band are two different things. One can't ignore your opinion because it's everywhere, on every topic. Did I say I spoke to Mick? No. And I dont need you to tell me how I got into the Fonda. Not that I need to brag (I'll leave that to you) but I'm a pretty big music historian. That has nothing to do with being a fan. I don't know why you draw that (and many other conclusions).

You forgot "peace" on your last post....lol

Date: June 27, 2015 04:59

Date: June 27, 2015 05:32

You are welcome to ignore any opinions you don't agree with roller. I am obviously only reacting to your somewhat rude comments to me because, what, I believe the Stones occasionally read iorr and you are sure they don't? It's not that big of an issue really now is it? Hey if you are really getting information from the band members as you state in your post I guess we should all pay very close attention to what you say. I'm all ears.

By the way, in case you didn't notice the title of this thread is a question aimed at members here, asking for their opinion. Do you think we should all stop because your expert opinion has also been shared? I welcome other people's thoughts on it, it's what forums are about.

Perhaps I should find the recent post from bv where he says "The Stones read this site" and you can take it up with him.

Date: June 27, 2015 05:36

I'll be sure to take it up with him at the next "super secret insiders" meeting. We will have our secret handshakes and decoder rings.

I'm due back in the real world now. Mind the store for me willya?

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: June 27, 2015 05:42

I think it is unlikely that the band read these pages.

I think they are browsed more by journalists, writers and historians of the band.

Olly.

Date: June 27, 2015 05:49

roller99
I'll be sure to take it up with him at the next "super secret insiders" meeting. We will have our secret handshakes and decoder rings.

I'm due back in the real world now. Mind the store for me willya?

No worries, come back to fantasy world when you have some more fantasies to report. grinning smiley Aren't the Stones playing on an island in the Missouri river tonight or something? winking smiley

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: June 27, 2015 06:02

I know they read Undercover during the No Security tour. For two months, I ended every post to UC with: 'Mick, if you're reading along - I'd like Get Off My Cloud on the small stage for Philly 2.' Get Off of my Cloud had been played in rehearsals but not during the tour. Until Philly 2 when it debuted as the second song on the small stage.

Sixteen years later, I'm still stunned. And I can still see all the stunned faces of the UC'ers surrounding me at the small stage.

Virginia, Santa Claus does exist. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-27 06:14 by GlimmerGirl24.

Date: June 27, 2015 06:05

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2098
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home