Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

QUOTE: Rolling Stones plaque "disgusts" Bill Wyman
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 26, 2015 10:02

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Bill is upset about the wording on the commemorative English Heritage plaque at Darford Station ... one for the department of historical accuracy !! Calling with sssoul, calling with sssoul ........ winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: QUOTE: Rolling Stones plaque "disgusts" Bill Wyman
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 26, 2015 10:06

Thanks Paul, but the Department has classified Bill's disgust as "nice try but not quite historical".
There's a discussion of it already around here somewhere, along with the many meanings of the word "formed"

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: June 26, 2015 14:09

paulywaul
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Bill is upset about the wording on the commemorative English Heritage plaque at Darford Station ... one for the department of historical accuracy !! Calling with sssoul, calling with sssoul ........ winking smiley

Thanks Paul, but there's already a thread about the outcome of Bill's disgust and the interview on BBC 5Live that also includes the local Council Leader - Mr Kite.

[www.iorr.org]

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: BrianJones1969 ()
Date: August 22, 2015 03:23

Mr. Kite says the plaque was only put up to celebrate the general meeting of Mick and Keith, and has nothing to do with the formation of the Rolling Stones.

~Ben

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 22, 2015 04:04

It will very interesting to see what the wording is on the new plaque. Could be something as simple as replacing the word "form" with "join". But that's not quite right either...

Perhaps "went on to join a band that became The Rolling Stones".

And since it's all about correctness and clarity I have to correct Mr Kite in the article. He still has never upset a Rolling Stone, just an ex-Rolling Stone. Perhaps he thinks Bill is still in the band. winking smiley

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 22, 2015 04:34

Date: August 22, 2015 05:26

I just block Bill's public comments out now. They seem to just be desperate cries for attention from an elderly man regretting a decision that he made (much at his fellow band members' dismay) well over two decades ago.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 22, 2015 08:09

BrianJones1969
Mr. Kite says the plaque was only put up to celebrate the general meeting of Mick and Keith, and has nothing to do with the formation of the Rolling Stones.

~Ben

I tend to agree as this is the significance of that platform although it really was a reintroduction of Mick and Keith. Bill may argue Mr Kite's comments
Are merely for the Benifit of Mr. Kite.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 22, 2015 12:21

He's exaggerating. It makes perfect sense as written. Only Bill Wyman knows that technically a bit false, but as a plaque for the public there's really no other way to say it.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 22, 2015 12:35

Thing is, they met on a train, not on the platform. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-22 12:39 by His Majesty.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: August 22, 2015 12:59

Isn't that plaque made of plastic? That will disgust Bill even more.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 22, 2015 14:15

CaptainCorella
paulywaul
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Thanks Paul, but there's already a thread about the outcome of Bill's disgust and the interview on BBC 5Live that also includes the local Council Leader - Mr Kite.

[www.iorr.org]

Lots of arguments about it in this thread, too.

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 23, 2015 06:52

His Majesty
Thing is, they met on a train, not on the platform. grinning smiley

i don't think they remember exactly when or where and the story is made up ala muddy waters the famous painter of ceilings. a good story goes a long way towards making yourself memorable.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1593
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home