Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

NAPOLI 1982: A GOOD SHOW?
Date: July 28, 2005 05:13

I found this 2 CDR set amongst my fugitive stuff. Anybody willing to tell me about the significance and/or importance of this show before I play it?

Thenkyew!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Re: NAPOLI 1982: A GOOD SHOW?
Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 28, 2005 05:20

Is this the same show / cd as "Shattered In Europe"?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 28, 2005 06:06

I have an awesome bootleg from that concert, the boys were, well, shall be say, out of it and at the same time right there!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 28, 2005 08:03

it's not complete - good soundboard -parts of it run too fast (at least on the Shattered in Europe version, which contains some hotel recordings of Ron/Keith as filler on a bonus second disc).

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: July 28, 2005 09:38

The people I knew say it was a very good concert. Actually it was the only time they went so far down South in Italy

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 28, 2005 10:11

All I can remember (I was 14 at the time) is that I desperately wanted to go, but couldn't find a way. The main reason why I couldn't go was because I was at Elba island with my family for the summer holidays (see the coincidence: Elba was also the island where Napoleon was first exiled).
Anyway Italy had just won the footbal world cup vs germany (3-1) so I could survive.
Nethertheless, according to the boot, It must have been one hell of a concert, with the best version of Miss You ever!

C

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: July 28, 2005 11:38

There is a book, Rolling Stones i Italia covering the 82 shows so if some one can translate and put it here?

I remember the only boot I needed from this tour was Vedi Napoli E Poi Mor and I went to my first record fair in 1985 with £20, paid £1 on the door and on the front of the first stall was Napoli 2LP, paid £18 then went home. The quickest 80 km trip I ever took.

Posted by: michrud ()
Date: July 28, 2005 11:56

I've got a boot called: "Thank You Very Much, And You Ronnie" - napoli july 17, 1982 - ex. sound.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: July 28, 2005 13:00

very good under my thumb from that show

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 28, 2005 13:24

On the dvd "Just for the record" about the eighties there's a very short (1-2 sec.) footage of the Stadio San paolo getting crowded for the concert! I hope they're coming back to my home town, but unfortunatrely I don't think it's likely to happen :-( !

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2183
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home