Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Next album re-release?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 21, 2015 17:36

Turner68
Sucking in the Seventies will be their next deluxe release.

That would be awesome!

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: June 21, 2015 17:46

Black and Blue/El Mocambo or Stripped/with studio versions recorded but not used

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 23, 2015 13:32

"Out Of Our Heads" with the "snoring hotel room" version of Satisfaction.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 23, 2015 14:23

Rather that spinning out the deluxe concept across several albums, they could do an anthology collection of unreleased live and studio recordings. But there are plenty of unreleased tracks out there, so a deluxe Beggars Banquet or Let it Bleed would be very welcome. After that, they would've covered all the big guns.

Posted by: 99thfloor ()
Date: June 23, 2015 14:40

never an album, but I would love the Keith & Ronnie drunke jam in a hotel room the night of Keith's marriage in Mexico. Classic!

Keith --- "I farted"

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 24, 2015 12:13

Rarities Super Deluxe.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: ash ()
Date: June 24, 2015 13:33

Given what we know exists on bootleg i can see no reason why there shouldn't/couldn't be a set like The Beatles 3 Anthology sets so 6 cds or so covering the earliest home recordings/tapes up to Let It Bleed. Relations with ABKCO seem much improved in recent years. I fail to understand why this hasn't been attempted already. There wouldn't even be any need to duplicate what has appeared on bootleg if they didn't want to. Jones-era box is what i want. Exile and Sticky have been done, can't say i have any interest in much post Exile super deluxe wise.. The lack of archival releases from the Decca/Jones era is the single most obvious not done project of any major act of the era. I mean blimey, The Beach Boys even managed to finally release Smile. Surely an ABKCO/Jones era set can't be that difficult. They could even pay Bill for his Radio Luxembourg acetate which i mention at every opportunity as it's my personal Stones holy grail.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 24, 2015 16:50

ash
Given what we know exists on bootleg i can see no reason why there shouldn't/couldn't be a set like The Beatles 3 Anthology sets so 6 cds or so covering the earliest home recordings/tapes up to Let It Bleed. Relations with ABKCO seem much improved in recent years. I fail to understand why this hasn't been attempted already. There wouldn't even be any need to duplicate what has appeared on bootleg if they didn't want to. Jones-era box is what i want. Exile and Sticky have been done, can't say i have any interest in much post Exile super deluxe wise.. The lack of archival releases from the Decca/Jones era is the single most obvious not done project of any major act of the era. I mean blimey, The Beach Boys even managed to finally release Smile. Surely an ABKCO/Jones era set can't be that difficult. They could even pay Bill for his Radio Luxembourg acetate which i mention at every opportunity as it's my personal Stones holy grail.

I've wondered about this too...I wonder if ABKCO's done the math, and it just isn't going to deliver the financial reward as it wouldn't sell nearly what those Beatles Anthologies sold?

Date: June 24, 2015 17:24

What The Beatles anthologies did was beyond awesome - alternate takes where the song was different... working mixes (ala Led Zep reissues), demos and, of course, unreleased material.

The difference in why this hasn't happened with ABKCO seems to be because the Stones keep going. There could also be a similar thing with the not-ABKCO Music songs, which starts with most of EXILE on to, what, I guess BRIDGES.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: June 24, 2015 18:49

treaclefingers
I've wondered about this too...I wonder if ABKCO's done the math, and it just isn't going to deliver the financial reward as it wouldn't sell nearly what those Beatles Anthologies sold?
Well they're never gonna outsell The Beatles but given the right marketing and (crucially with expensive ABKCO) the right price i'm sure they could do good business even in the download age. Critically it would depend somewhat on just how many of the multi tracks/one,2,3 tracks survive from the 60s.
It would also depend how much they'd fork out for things such as concerts from foreign radio stations, radio sessions etc.. and permission from jagger and wyman who own priceless Stones tapes/acetates. There's also all the early songwriting acetates listed in Karnbachs(?) book. I mean there's enough scope for 10 to 20 cds including bootlegged stuff but 5 or 6 seems more realistic if you go for quality, historic significance and audio quality and prev. unbootlegged stuff.
A quality booklet with full 60s recording data should also be included.
On paper it's a doddle and i'd do it for minimal expenses. In reality it's probably more than a bit tricky. Band co-operation would be critical.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 24, 2015 19:42

I'm sure the releases will get more esoteric as the obvious choices are exhausted.

Date: June 24, 2015 21:25

There's probably only one other reissue that makes sense (to 'them' ie Mick) and that would be TATTOO YOU. Everything's been used for that album? No. Not technically, considering how the album was strictly unfinished tracks from the GHS to ER sessions minus IORR. Besides, it's not like they're concerned time/year wise with the accuracy of what goes on these extra discs - EXILE had stuff going back to 1967 and SOME GIRLS had stuff that was recorded after the 1978 tour for that album! And still ignored the best material that was left off from the SG sessions!

I can't see them doing any other albums. They've done their first two Atlantic Records albums and SOME GIRLS. TY would most likely be it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 24, 2015 23:35

GasLightStreet
There's probably only one other reissue that makes sense (to 'them' ie Mick) and that would be TATTOO YOU. Everything's been used for that album? No. Not technically, considering how the album was strictly unfinished tracks from the GHS to ER sessions minus IORR. Besides, it's not like they're concerned time/year wise with the accuracy of what goes on these extra discs - EXILE had stuff going back to 1967 and SOME GIRLS had stuff that was recorded after the 1978 tour for that album! And still ignored the best material that was left off from the SG sessions!

I can't see them doing any other albums. They've done their first two Atlantic Records albums and SOME GIRLS. TY would most likely be it.

and I could be satisfied if they did a big double release of TYII and it featured Save Me/Criss Cross Mind.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 25, 2015 00:27

As they are now more or less solely a live performing act, it's more likely that there will be many live archival releases ahead.

Instead of touring a new studio album, or a new reissue of an old studio album, they'll just tour previous tours.

Get Yer Ya-Ya's out, and keep them out....

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 25, 2015 04:28

NO MORE RERELEASES! They need to stop screwing around and get in studio. There is nothing stopping them except Jagger. Nothing.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: June 25, 2015 14:10

In the old days, people would have been sure that the thread title sounded like a stutter. ;-)

"next album release" would be worth another few threads, though.

Posted by: JackHampshire ()
Date: June 25, 2015 22:53

I think they could put out a fantastic album by just finishing up the tracks on Voodoo Brew/Stew/Residue.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 26, 2015 06:26

Not so sure it's jagger stopping them from going into the studio. Jagger gets the bum rap too much.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1510
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home