Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bridges to Babylon tour- January 1998- MSG
Posted by: MikefromATX ()
Date: June 18, 2015 06:54

I just wanted to talk about these shows for a minute.

I was only in my first year of High school. My mom started taking me to concerts at an early age (my first was Elton John & Billy Joel in 1994 at Giants Stadium).. I've always loved classic rock, it's what I was raised on.

In November 1997 she brought me to my first Rolling Stones concert- B2B tour at Giants Stadium. I was absolutely floored. I loved the stage (still my favorite), the idea of a web vote (Factory Girl won that first night), and the palpable energy that was flowing that night. We even came back the next night.

From then on, my obsession with the Stones began. On Christmas she surprised me with tickets to all 3 MSG shows the following month. I was ecstatic.

Those shows still remain among the best stones shows I've seen. It was way more intimate than the previous stadium shows, MSG in it's own right holds a special place in my heart, and I loved that they were playing different songs from the Bridges album each night. I still love that album and listen to it often.

Since then I've seen the Licks tour at MSG, Giants Stadium, First Union Center in Philly, and Fleetcenter. I caught the Bigger Bang show for 2 nights at MSG, in Atlantic City and Austin, TX. 50 and counting I saw at Prudential Center.

As far as the zip code tour goes, I really don't have the interest to spend the money on these lack luster sets.

However, after all those shows, Bridges to Babylon at MSG are at the top of the list, right next to Licks in Philly.

Thankful to have the memories i do, and that I have an awesome mom who showed me the way with great live music at an early age.

Re: Bridges to Babylon tour- January 1998- MSG
Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: June 18, 2015 10:56

Special shows for me too. I flew over from the UK as I had always wanted to see them play MSG. It was my birthday too Jan 14th. Highlight for me was Memory Motel with Mick on electric keyboards. I have a good 'boot of the show so can still relive the fab memory of yet another great show.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 18, 2015 11:26

Might As Well Get Juiced Live! That can't be argued with.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: June 18, 2015 12:47

I loved the Babylon tour; it's my favourite of all of the 1989 and onwards world jaunts.

I saw the band twice on that 1999 leg, two nights at Wembley Stadium, June 11th and 12th methinks it was. I have the bootleg video of the 11th show; in the days before IORR and instantaneous updates I had no idea they were planning the Shepherds' Bush show. Even if I had, I couldn't have afforded to stick around London for a further 3 or 4 days for it. Thank Goodness the fantastic DVD/Video brings home the atmosphere from that show.

The ProShots from the tour are quite plentiful - Official St. Louis, Beunos Aires, Rio, Bremen, Istanbul, Chorzow. Add to that the Double Door show and quite a lot of great stuff available. Some cracking TV specials also.

Posted by: veronus ()
Date: June 18, 2015 12:56

I took a flight from holland and did see al 3 concerts at the madison in jan, 98.
The second was the best what i can remember.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 18, 2015 13:51

you should check out last nights set list .see if you feel differently ?

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 18, 2015 14:37

The 97-99 tour was fantastic, one of the great Stones tours.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home