Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Just a depressed Newbie
Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 16, 2015 18:38

pricepittsburgh
My "Depressed newbie" was just a funny way of saying Oh darn and that's life for getting into them so late in the game and to let everyone one who has experienced them live to be thankful. No biggie smiling smiley

It is not too late, but soon it might be.

Right now they are playing within reaching distance, but only for 30 more days and then they will be gone for a while, but they might come back, but they might not. This is why you have to get it while the getting is good. If you can make to a show locatiuon I bet you can get in for 20-50 bucks. Go do this, it is your density. Call your sister and plead with her to cover you on this and then go see her. Tell her you will pay her back.

People coming behind you who clueless right now are the ones to pity. They do even know what they are missing, but someday they will.

Go to show, feel the magic. It is magic. Something magic happens at Stones shows.

Get it while the getting is good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-16 18:39 by relms.

Re: You Gotta Move
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 16, 2015 19:42

relms
Go do this, it is your density.

Not only that, but it might well be your destiny as well.

Or not, and if not then don't bother being depressed (even just for funsies tongue sticking out smiley)

Re: You Gotta Move
Date: June 16, 2015 21:25

with sssoul
relms
Go do this, it is your density.

Not only that, but it might well be your destiny as well.

Or not, and if not then don't bother being depressed (even just for funsies tongue sticking out smiley)

"I'm Your Density" winking smiley

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: June 16, 2015 21:39

As a fan since high school, I had to endure the taunts and
disrespect for the Stones from LZ
, Beatles, Floyd and other inferior group fans. They simply never got the Stones and
never will. In the end, we won and defeated
those bands. The hatred for the Stones remains, but the
true fans of rock understand that the Stones were what
every band wished they could have been.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 16, 2015 22:01

Seeing that all ticket levels are still available for Indianapolis, and it being a weekend, I decided to drive 2-1/2 hours from Chicago to see the show. . . . ummm, after an 11-hour flight, that is.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 23:40

Brstonesfan
, Beatles, Floyd and other inferior group fans. They simply never got the Stones and

It's art, not a contest or battle. What do you mean "we won and defeated those bands"?

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 16, 2015 23:59

NoCode0680
Brstonesfan

It's art, not a contest or battle. What do you mean "we won and defeated those bands"?

maybe you see it as art but if you think there is no competition in the music business you're dreaming.
when setlist people say "why dont they switch it up like springsteen,mccartney,or U2" i always say the same thing-because none of those people have a warhorse catalogue as good as the stones.

not one of them have a song as good as jumping jack flash or midnight rambler so it's easier to switch one inferior song for another,for the stones it's not that easy.

zep,the beatles,floyd .all those bands fell by the wayside,at one time on top and now gone,a faded memory,yet the stones remain selling out stadiums in 2015-there is a certain victory in that.

Date: June 17, 2015 00:20

lem motlow
NoCode0680
Brstonesfan

maybe you see it as art but if you think there is no competition in the music business you're dreaming.
when setlist people say "why dont they switch it up like springsteen,mccartney,or U2" i always say the same thing-because none of those people have a warhorse catalogue as good as the stones.

not one of them have a song as good as jumping jack flash or midnight rambler so it's easier to switch one inferior song for another,for the stones it's not that easy.

zep,the beatles,floyd .all those bands fell by the wayside,at one time on top and now gone,a faded memory,yet the stones remain selling out stadiums in 2015-there is a certain victory in that.

I don't really see what setlists have to do with it, kind of a different discussion, and what you're talking about is all subjective anyway, a matter of taste. People at U2 concerts eat up those "inferior" songs, I personally wouldn't listen to 75% of them, but they think it's the greatest thing ever.

Back to this competition though. I realize it's a competitive business, but I was talking about this specific competition he said the Stones won against The Beatles, Floyd and Zep. I mean, The Stones are still together, is that what you're talking about? That is quite an achievement, but I don't really think that means they "defeated" those other bands. Not everybody thinks the Stones still touring is that great of an idea, they certainly don't all agree that it makes them better than those aforementioned bands.

I don't think The Beatles, Zepp or Floyd have fallen by the wayside, they're still very popular. Even if they haven't really released anything in a long time. But as far as most of the music listening public is concerned, The Stones haven't really released anything since '81. Or maybe '94 as there are some Voodoo Lounge fans out there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-17 00:23 by NoCode0680.

Posted by: pricepittsburgh ()
Date: June 17, 2015 00:42

lem motlow
NoCode0680
Brstonesfan

Choosing to stay together I don't think is a victory. You make it sound like the other bands broke up because they faded in popularity. The Beatles and Zeppelin were both the biggest bands in the world when they chose to call it quits. Besides the death of Zeppelin's drummer John Bonham, Robert Plant had been dealing with the grief over the death of his son and was never really the same. As for the Beatles, Lennon and McCartney were just too different as people and too uniquely creative to not butt heads artistically and personally. If you listen to John's early 70s solo stuff and much of Paul's solo stuff in the 70s, there is no doubt that had they stayed together, they would have continued to create great music and also continued to inspire each other to greatness. It was their rivalry that made them so good. So their best solo stuff could have been even better as a band. I mean listen to the Plastic Ono Band, Imagine and Mind Games albums by John and imagine those being Beatles songs,or Paul's debut "McCartney" album, as well as Ram and Band on the Run album songs being Beatles tracks. Imagine the tracks form those albums filling up Beatles albums, as well as George's All Thing Must Pass songs. I mean just listening to John's solo singles like Cold Turkey, Instant Karma, Power to the People and Imagine, tells how much bigger they would have been with the title The Beatles attached to them. The same with Paul's huge international hits that were mega anyway. The Beatles for another 5 years would have continued to easily conquer. And there are plenty who think the Stones have done their legacy a disservice by staying together and releasing so much music. I don't see it as a contest at all. And if it is, there is plenty to indicate the Beatles and Zeppelin are winning too. Look at how huge Zeppelin 02 reunion concert was with 2 million tickets requested, and like the Stones, how many cds they've sold in the sound scan era (only a couple million behind the Stones since 91, with far less output) The Beatles are the 4th best selling act during the sound scan era period and had FOUR # 1 albums (Not top 10) # 1 in the 90s/2000s Anthologies I, II and II as well as the '1' greatest hits, which was the best selling cd of the decade in the US and globally for 2000-2009 and the 4th best selling album of the sound scan era. If Zeppelin or The Beatles had ever done reunion tours they would have shattered records. But none of that matters. It's about art and how it subjectively moves you. The fans of other bands back in the day are still fans today of those same bands and do not feel like Stones fans have won anything because they still listen to their own favorite bands.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-17 01:56 by pricepittsburgh.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 17, 2015 00:54

In my experience as a kid the real battle was between genres. The people who liked the Beatles also liked Zep , Pink Floyd, and the Stones. There was no competition or conflict among the people liking good rock music. Perhaps a few who drew the line at the Grateful Dead.

There was however a canyon between us and the people who liked disco, cheesy pop, or country! Although Bob Marley was generally accepted like a brother.

peace

Date: June 17, 2015 01:05

Naturalust
In my experience as a kid the real battle was between genres. The people who liked the Beatles also liked Zep , Pink Floyd, and the Stones. There was no competition or conflict among the people liking good rock music. Perhaps a few who drew the line at the Grateful Dead.

+1

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: June 17, 2015 02:16

relms
pricepittsburgh
My "Depressed newbie" was just a funny way of saying Oh darn and that's life for getting into them so late in the game and to let everyone one who has experienced them live to be thankful. No biggie smiling smiley

Right now they are playing within reaching distance, but only for 30 more days and then they will be gone for a while, but they might come back, but they might not. This is why you have to get it while the getting is good. If you can make to a show locatiuon I bet you can get in for 20-50 bucks. Go do this, it is your density. Call your sister and plead with her to cover you on this and then go see her. Tell her you will pay her back.

People coming behind you who clueless right now are the ones to pity. They do even know what they are missing, but someday they will.

Go to show, feel the magic. It is magic. Something magic happens at Stones shows.

Hate to sound like a a ahole, but...

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...

Shoulda drove 2.5 hours without a ticket,
I drive Cocoa to Miami/Jax/Tampa and back the same day, a couple times a month and never know if I will make enough money for gas (self employed), much less tolls, food, bills.

Coulda got a ticket for as little as $20,
I had 2 single hard tix 234/238 to sell, I asked a couple scalpers, "$20, market for nosebleeds were flooded, good luck" wasn't even going to bother, ended up selling for $80 - make me a offer, $80, OK - to a older couple that got burned on copies of tix, while I was waiting to go in the gate for Lucky Dip - see my post there.

Woulda,
Had a a GREAT time.

Date: June 17, 2015 03:02

1badgator
relms
pricepittsburgh

I drive Cocoa to Miami/Jax/Tampa and back the same day, a couple times a month and never know if I will make enough money for gas (self employed), much less tolls, food, bills.

I had 2 single hard tix 234/238 to sell, I asked a couple scalpers, "$20, market for nosebleeds were flooded, good luck" wasn't even going to bother, ended up selling for $80 - make me a offer, $80, OK - to a older couple that got burned on copies of tix, while I was waiting to go in the gate for Lucky Dip - see my post there.

Woulda,
Had a a GREAT time.

I am not sure what you are saying here, did you go? Or would you advice someone to go? How is that being an ahole? Sounds right on to me, unless I am misunderstanding.

My advice? If one is within reaching distance one should get thier ass to a live Stones show. Reaching distance is different for different people. For some it is going to every show on the other side of the world, for another it maybe if the show is with a couple of hours.
Bottom line- IF ONE IS ABLE, ONE NEEDS TO GO TO AT LEAST ONE STONES SHOW IN THE NEXT 30 DAYS!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-17 03:10 by relms.

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: June 17, 2015 03:25

I got 8th row floor Lucky Dip - Orlando
There were plenty of cheap seats available, if a ticket seller won't walk you to the gate better pass on them.

Posted by: pricepittsburgh ()
Date: June 17, 2015 03:29

1badgator
relms
pricepittsburgh

Woulda,
Had a a GREAT time.

Ya know, I never even thought about that option. I'm so used to ordering tickets online or over the phone back in the day I never even though about driving there in the hopes of getting one. that's funny how ya just don't think of things like that.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 17, 2015 04:56

Brstonesfan

WTF, hatred for the stones? Who are you hanging around, 1960s parents?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 17, 2015 07:43

pricepittsburgh
Ya know, I never even thought about that option. I'm so used to ordering tickets online or over the phone back in the day I never even though about driving there in the hopes of getting one. that's funny how ya just don't think of things like that.

That's what I meant by "summon all your capabilities." It always worked for me. I've seen them four times last summer and didn't have a ticket except for one show.

Date: June 17, 2015 07:49

When I was 12 years old, I woke up at 3:00 a.m. and rode my bicycle over 4 miles to buy a single ticket to see the Stones.

I guess some people just care more.

Date: June 17, 2015 13:59

When I was 11 years old I woke up at 2:30 a.m. and rode my unicycle over 7 miles uphill in a snow storm to buy two tickets to see the Stones.

Rock and Roll!!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 17, 2015 14:14

When I was 10 I use ta ride me bike to the lake and change
into me jeans so I didn't have ta wear school trousers ...
Then do the change back on da way home so mum didn't know....Haaa.That's rock & roll ain't it???

ROCKMAN

Date: June 17, 2015 14:15

Rockman
into me jeans so I didn't have ta wear school trousers ...
Then do the change back on da way home so mum didn't know....Haaa.That's rock & roll ain't it???

Yes, yes it is.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 17, 2015 15:30

drbrant wrote:
When I was 12 years old, I woke up at 3:00 a.m. and rode my bicycle over 4 miles to buy a single ticket to see the Stones.

relms wrote:
When I was 11 years old I woke up at 2:30 a.m. and rode my unicycle over 7 miles uphill in a snow storm to buy two tickets to see the Stones.

Rock and Roll!!!

ROCKMAN wrote:
into me jeans
so I didn't have ta wear school trousers ...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++===============

Man, those are 3 very impressive stories--at such young ages you were really rocking.

I assume you're all younger than me 'cos in my day at ages 10 or 11 my age group got up on Saturday morning to watch the cartoons with the Don Kirshner/Boyce & Hart composed bubblegum songs The Archies and Jose & The Pussycats. At 13 came the Monkees & the posters on bedroom walls of The Osmond Brothers & The Partridge Family & The Jackson 5.

Only at age 14, 1974, did anything better start==Alice Cooper with his mascara running down his face become the big poster over my bed.

No one younger than 16, but more likely over 18, ever had access to any rock concerts. Never. Perhaps one factor was the major barrier-being from a rural town of pop. 859 with no civilization for a good 30 miles, which required a car because no public transportation existed out there. So if you didn't have an older sibling to advise you & drive you you were totally in the dark re. any group that didn't have a AM Radio current top hit. That was the early to mid '70's.

But you're long bike rides are certainly impressive-you guys were obviously true die hard fans from jump street. And ROCKMAN, from age 10, working so hard on the bike for jeans, Wow, just wow.

Yes, that's rock 'n roll, down to the "genes*/jeans.cool smileycool smiley

I hope there really is someone from The Stones' org/company who reads these true fans stories.

Date: June 17, 2015 21:02

tauk
drbrant wrote:

relms wrote:

Rock and Roll!!!

ROCKMAN wrote:
into me jeans
so I didn't have ta wear school trousers ...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++===============

Man, those are 3 very impressive stories--at such young ages you were really rocking.

I assume you're all younger than me 'cos in my day at ages 10 or 11 my age group got up on Saturday morning to watch the cartoons with the Don Kirshner/Boyce & Hart composed bubblegum songs The Archies and Jose & The Pussycats. At 13 came the Monkees & the posters on bedroom walls of The Osmond Brothers & The Partridge Family & The Jackson 5.

Only at age 14, 1974, did anything better start==Alice Cooper with his mascara running down his face become the big poster over my bed.

No one younger than 16, but more likely over 18, ever had access to any rock concerts. Never. Perhaps one factor was the major barrier-being from a rural town of pop. 859 with no civilization for a good 30 miles, which required a car because no public transportation existed out there. So if you didn't have an older sibling to advise you & drive you you were totally in the dark re. any group that didn't have a AM Radio current top hit. That was the early to mid '70's.

But you're long bike rides are certainly impressive-you guys were obviously true die hard fans from jump street. And ROCKMAN, from age 10, working so hard on the bike for jeans, Wow, just wow.

Yes, that's rock 'n roll, down to the "genes*/jeans.cool smileycool smiley

I hope there really is someone from The Stones' org/company who reads these true fans stories.

I was just lucky. Grew up in a house where music was being played constantly - the living room had a drum set and two upright pianos and a great stereo. Before getting a "real" job, my father was a jazz musician. Parties at the house were often "jam sessions" where local musicians would come and hang out. Didn't seem weird to want to go to a concert.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1823
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home