Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Dave Grohl fell off stage, broke his leg, continues concert...
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:12

crumbling_mice
I hope Grohl can still do the big shows this summer, they have a lot of fans waiting for them and let's face it if they don;t play Glastonbury the headline acts look very very poor this year.

Just glanced at the Glastonbury show info. eye popping smiley How many friggin' stages do they have? All these bands playing at the same time? That seems a bit overwhelming and bizzare. Is there a place you can stand and hear multiple bands in surround sound?

I guess it's pretty cool that if you don't like one band you can just stroll over to another stage.

peace

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:46

THat's the theory...but getting from one of those stages to another can be a lengthy business, depending on who is on which stage. Glastonbury is a huge site, just about fills the whole valley and stretches many miles from one end to the other, it takes some fitness to get around it believe me, and if it's muddy, it's an ordeal. If it's very hot equally so. The crowds can be very big for some stages and then when the act ends everyone pours out of one area into the main thoroughfares...result -gridlock!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:55

crumbling_mice
I fall into the Dave Grohl is massively overrated camp...but he gives 100% which you can't knock. It's just a shame his songs are by and large very forgettable. He is your classic rock wannabe, hangs around with all the big names, will turn up for any show if there is a major name on the list and was once the drummer for Nirvana.

He reminds me of my labrador, full of enthusiasm and ready to go at the drop of a hat, always wanting to please and harmless.

Completely agree with you there. Have you ever been to Glastonbury ? I have worked in the area a lot of times, but never been to the festival.
Like you said, headliners for each night apart from The Who, are not great.....................compared to The Stones in 2013.>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-17 15:14 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 14, 2015 00:37

muenke
Great stuff, I really like FF, Dave is a showman, a coole one ... Shane MacGowan performed with the Pogues sitting in a wheel chair, he is unique!

I was at a Pogues show, NYC, where Shane MacGowan sang the entire show in a wheelchair! Pogues ... and Shane ... both rule!

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: June 14, 2015 01:10

LeonidP
muenke
Great stuff, I really like FF, Dave is a showman, a coole one ... Shane MacGowan performed with the Pogues sitting in a wheel chair, he is unique!

I was at a Pogues show, NYC, where Shane MacGowan sang the entire show in a wheelchair! Pogues ... and Shane ... both rule!

What was wrong with him?

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 14, 2015 02:11

I've read that something similar happened to Steven Tyler in the 70es, but he didn't even realise that he'd broken is leg because he was already numb due to heavy drug consumption.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 14, 2015 02:29

crawdaddy
crumbling_mice
I fall into the Dave Grohl is massively overrated camp...but he gives 100% which you can't knock. It's just a shame his songs are by and large very forgettable. He is your classic rock wannabe, hangs around with all the big names, will turn up for any show if there is a major name on the list and was once the drummer for Nirvana.

He reminds me of my labrador, full of enthusiasm and ready to go at the drop of a hat, always wanting to please and harmless.

Completely agree with you there. Have you ever been to Glastonbury ? I have worked in the area a lot of times, but never been to the festival.
Like you said, headliners for each night are not great.....................compared to The Stones in 2013.>grinning smiley<

Absolutley! My first Glasto was 1979 and then right up tot he Stones I only missed about 5 or 6. I always said it was my dream to hear the Stones do Gimme Shelter as the dusk fell at Glastonbury....they did and I was lucky enough to be witness to it (albeit with a streaming cold) I haven't been since that year.

It will always be a special place for me as I;ve seen it grow from a small one field event, where you could park your car next to your tent and pay what you could afford to enter, to the gigantic commercial enterprise it is now.

Michael Eavis is known for not wanting to pay huge figures to the bands who attend and artists tend to want to do the festival for the kudos rather than the financial gain. So it can be a bit hit and miss with the line ups, this year is not a good one, but as anyone who has been will tell you, it's not about the headliners, it has a special vibe and buzz and just to experience it is special in itself.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 14, 2015 04:44

LeonidP
muenke

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: ab ()
Date: June 14, 2015 04:57

Good for him, but it never would have happened if he were where belongs, behind a drum kit.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 14, 2015 04:59

OutOfTime
The Foo Fighters show on PinkPop, The Netherlands is cancelled.

thumbs up

PinkPop ended on the day when THE ROLLING STONES played there last year.
It's a shame Jan Smeets did not have the guts to stop his festival on a high.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 05:01 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: June 14, 2015 09:13

firebird- yes,i think grohl is the most overrated guy in music. 3rd rate guitar player and lyrically nothing special. as a vocalist i don't see anything special at all with is voice. foo fighter CD's should be given away and used as coasters for cold beverages and that's about it.

nirvana was cool, but everything after that, i just don't get it with grohl. sorry.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: June 14, 2015 10:04

dcba
mr edward
Wonder what the solution/replacement will be...

Robbie Wiliams or Muse? >grinning smiley< Good luck not throwing up!

Add Pharell Williams to that list... He'll close the festival tonight.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 14, 2015 15:12

franzk
LeonidP
muenke

What was wrong with him?
broken leg, and in a cast. This was about 6 years ago, the Pogues reunited from some USA shows around st. patrick's day

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 17, 2015 15:10

Heard on Sky News that Foo Fighters have not unexpectedly cancelled rest of tour.

Florence and The Machine will be headlining the Friday night at Glastonbury instead.

Much prefer her to Foo Fighters or Kane West.

Best night will be Sunday and The Who.

Hope BBC give their usual great coverage on TV. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 17, 2015 18:22

crawdaddy
Heard on Sky News that Foo Fighters have not unexpectedly cancelled rest of tour.

Florence and The Machine will be headlining the Friday night at Glastonbury instead.

Much prefer her to Foo Fighters or Kane West.

Best night will be Sunday and The Who.

Hope BBC give their usual great coverage on TV. >grinning smiley<

Also the two Wembley concerts, f*** it, had the tickets.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 7, 2015 02:25

He's back! And here is a short clip from the accident in Gothenburg [www.youtube.com]:

Date: July 7, 2015 02:31

Stoneage
He's back! And here is a short clip from the accident in Gothenburg [www.youtube.com]:

Notice how the music sounded better as soon as Dave went down?

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 7, 2015 02:34

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 7, 2015 02:35

Well YEAH that's true Dave ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MrBobMartini ()
Date: July 7, 2015 02:41

I can't stand Dave Grohl, which is probably why I found it so amusing when John Fogerty did a "break a leg" joke about him at the show I went to last week. It didn't seem like a lot of other people got it though. I guess those two crowds don't cross over too much.

Date: July 7, 2015 02:44

He left out the part about when the drummer tries to do what the lost singer/guitarist/songwriter did and they get back to suck. grinning smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 7, 2015 02:46

If you watch the video it looks like he fell over a cable before falling off the stage.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 7, 2015 03:05

Can Dave do a show with The Edge?

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1932
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home