Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: Dave Grohl fell off stage, broke his leg, continues concert...
Posted by: firebird ()
Date: June 13, 2015 14:01

Midnight Toker
this guy is the most over rated musician on the planet IMO. cool with Nirvana, but everything else sucks. i don't get the infatuation with FF. as a songwriter ,vocalist and a guitar player, he is 3rd rate.

You don't get it? I can help you out: You have no clue what you are talking about

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 14:07 by firebird.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 13, 2015 14:06

Wow!! Dave Grohl is a true Pro. The show must go on. This is the stuff of legend.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: June 13, 2015 14:33

Looks like no FF for me tomorrow at Pinkpop. Wonder what the solution/replacement will be...

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: June 13, 2015 16:15

Dave Grohl knows what he owns his fans. Also Foo Fighters one of the best in alternative rock.

I think 99,99% of other artists would have canceled.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 13, 2015 16:20

Question: How long did it take him breaking his leg during the second song and coming back on stage again after plastering it. This takes a few hours don't it?
Did another band played in the mean time?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 13, 2015 16:22

Rockman
Yep I'm with you Midnight ..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

In 95 or 96, I went to a show in a small venue that had the Foo Fighters as the headline act. There was an opening band called Radiohead, that I'd not really heard much from. Mind blowing performance.

When the Foo Fighters eventually came on, we left after 3 songs. It just felt like we were wasting time after Radiohead.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 16:22

Midnight Toker
this guy is the most over rated musician on the planet IMO. cool with Nirvana, but everything else sucks. i don't get the infatuation with FF. as a songwriter ,vocalist and a guitar player, he is 3rd rate.

Agree also. Is there anyone he hasn't played with? He is today's Phil Collins!

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: June 13, 2015 16:31

roller99
Midnight Toker

Whats wrong with you guys? You may not like him, ok, but saying everything he does sucks and he is 3rd rate songwriter, vocalist and guitar player just shows you have no clue of making music. I learned to play a lot of his songs and they are more complicated than anything that the Stones ever did both in the harmonic and the rythmic parts and still work for casual listeners. Thats extremly good songwriting. So if you don't know what you are talking about just be quiet, thank you.

Edit: And what the hell is wrong with playing with a lot of different people? Being not narrow minded?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 16:33 by firebird.

Date: June 13, 2015 16:38

RipThisBone
Question: How long did it take him breaking his leg during the second song and coming back on stage again after plastering it. This takes a few hours don't it?
Did another band played in the mean time?

I am not sure how long it took but he did astoundingly go to a real hospital and then came back.

I was watching TV today and they showed footage from the show and it showed Dave laying on a stretcher, ready to be carted away and he made them hold on, he took the mic and said (sic) "Im going to the hospital to get this fixed up but I am coming back to finish the show". Then they showed footage of him later using 2 crutches as he finished the show.

What a showman. What a Pro

I have seen the Foos several times in concert and they were good. They have a bunch of good rocking songs making them a fun act to see live, but I suppose one has to actually like rock and roll to enjoy them.

Date: June 13, 2015 16:50

It occurs to me how many people like this have fallen of the stage in recent memory. Steven Tyler, The Edge some others and now Dave Grohl. I dont recall this happening so often in the past. I wonder why is this happening now? Is it the fancy walkways, fancy stages?

Quite often a fall is a death sentance for an older person. I shudder to think if Mick or Kieth could ever fully recover from a 10 foot of the stage being 75 years old.

I had a Grandfather and a Great Aunt both fall in seperate instances, they went into the hospital for care and they did not make it out alive.

My point- maybe some extra saftey things, steps training, precautions, PAY ATTENTION!!! should be put in place (or something) to MAKE SURE something like this NEVER happens to any more people like this.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 13, 2015 16:54

Great effort...I wonder if he would have called the concert off if he developed a sore throat. ..?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 16:58

That is awesome! Good for Dave. I am definitely not a FF fan. I find their music boring, and pretty repetitive. But Dave is a first class music fan and musician. But he needs a real vocalist! And he should stick to drums, he is a fantastic drummer. His work withe Nirvana, Tom Petty, and Them Crooked Vultures is fantastic! He is a true fan and really respects his fans.

Posted by: microvibe ()
Date: June 13, 2015 17:02

admire the dedication.too bad they suck!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 13, 2015 17:15

THe Foos are headlining Glastonbury in a couple of weeks...I'm no medical man but I always thought a borken leg takes 6-8 weeks to heal and that is with plenty of rest. I'm sure Grohl would do everything possible to play but lets face it, they are the kind of band which is high energy and Grohl is the front man, can't see it working if he's sat in a chair on the Pyramid stage!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 13, 2015 17:25

treaclefingers
Rockman
Yep I'm with you Midnight ..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

In 95 or 96, I went to a show in a small venue that had the Foo Fighters as the headline act. There was an opening band called Radiohead, that I'd not really heard much from. Mind blowing performance.

When the Foo Fighters eventually came on, we left after 3 songs. It just felt like we were wasting time after Radiohead.

Cool story! Not a big fan of the Foo Fighters either. I always thought Dave Grohl, like one of his songs, was always more of a Pretender in the field of Rock and Roll. Certainly a hard worker and dedicated to his craft but after all these years he still doesn't hold a candle to the songwriting and delivery of Nirvana. Their music just all feels so manufactured and lacking true emotion or something.

peace

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: June 13, 2015 17:26

Stoneage
Never heard of anything like this before. Have you?

Yup, something similar, Motorhead's concert in Slovenia, 28 april 1989; roadies kept cleaning the floor from the blood that kept gushing from Lemmy's wounded hand, but he finished the concert nevertheless and was immediately rushed to the hospital. He cancelled the rest of the tour. You guys probably know the story, but here's a brilliant and long article from the serbian journalist/eyewitness/Lemmy's friend (no english sorry): [www.ravnododna.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 17:34 by Milan.

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: June 13, 2015 19:16

The Foo Fighters show on PinkPop, The Netherlands is cancelled.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 13, 2015 19:26

mr edward
Wonder what the solution/replacement will be...

Robbie Wiliams or Muse? >grinning smiley< Good luck not throwing up!

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: June 13, 2015 19:26

Stoneage
Never heard of anything like this before. Have you?

Florence broke her foot during her performance at this year's Coachella. But I'm not sure if she finished her set or not.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: June 13, 2015 19:52

he got too close to The Edge!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 19:52 by CloudCat.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2015 19:55

Didn't Zappa pull a similar stunt and ended up in a wheelchair?
I also recall Bills story about how Ronnie broke both his legs while directing traffic after his car broke down.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:04

firebird
roller99
Midnight Toker

Whats wrong with you guys? You may not like him, ok, but saying everything he does sucks and he is 3rd rate songwriter, vocalist and guitar player just shows you have no clue of making music. I learned to play a lot of his songs and they are more complicated than anything that the Stones ever did both in the harmonic and the rythmic parts and still work for casual listeners. Thats extremly good songwriting. So if you don't know what you are talking about just be quiet, thank you.

Edit: And what the hell is wrong with playing with a lot of different people? Being not narrow minded?
Along with Kid Rock this guy makes some of the worst music on the face of the earth.. What he did for his fans yesterday was really cool but in general he is a stage hog and a big time Clive Davis butt kisser.

Date: June 13, 2015 20:33

I fall into the Dave Grohl is massively overrated camp...but he gives 100% which you can't knock. It's just a shame his songs are by and large very forgettable. He is your classic rock wannabe, hangs around with all the big names, will turn up for any show if there is a major name on the list and was once the drummer for Nirvana.

He reminds me of my labrador, full of enthusiasm and ready to go at the drop of a hat, always wanting to please and harmless.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:37

crumbling_mice
He is your classic rock wannabe, hangs around with all the big names

No, it's all the big names hang around with him.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:44

relms
It occurs to me how many people like this have fallen of the stage in recent memory. Steven Tyler, The Edge some others and now Dave Grohl. I dont recall this happening so often in the past. I wonder why is this happening now? Is it the fancy walkways, fancy stages?

Jimmy Buffett fell off a stage in Australia a couple years back... he couldn't see the end of it, bashed his head a bit.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 13, 2015 21:11

CloudCat
he got too close to The Edge!

That'll do it every time :E

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 21:21

firebird
roller99
Midnight Toker

If that's what you think, you go with it. I've probably been playing music since before you were born.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 13, 2015 21:56

crumbling_mice
I fall into the Dave Grohl is massively overrated camp...but he gives 100% which you can't knock. It's just a shame his songs are by and large very forgettable. He is your classic rock wannabe, hangs around with all the big names, will turn up for any show if there is a major name on the list and was once the drummer for Nirvana.

You're right if a bit harsh. What bothers me with the guy is he cannot write a single song that'll appeal to ppl above 16-18 y.o. max.

I know rock is a medium for young ppl but Grohl seems into childish rock.

Maybe at 46 he's still a bit teenish? grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 22:01 by dcba.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 13, 2015 21:56

Great stuff, I really like FF, Dave is a showman, a coole one ... Shane MacGowan performed with the Pogues sitting in a wheel chair, he is unique!

Date: June 13, 2015 22:03

DOn't get me wrong, I'm not knocking those of you who like the FF's and Grohl...each to his own and it would be a rather dull musical world if we all liked the same thing.

Let's not confuse musical ability with good song writing, they are two very different things. We have the Stones to prove the point that you can write a classic song with three basic chords. The two factors sometimes work very well together but a glance back through musical history to look at the great rock songs shows that the majority are not born out of in depth knowledge of chord variations, or other nuances of musical theory.

I hope Grohl can still do the big shows this summer, they have a lot of fans waiting for them and let's face it if they don;t play Glastonbury the headline acts look very very poor this year.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1476
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home