Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Band Introductions
Posted by: Dannyboy ()
Date: July 26, 2005 12:35

I always thought it would be cool if Bernard, Lisa and the backing vocals crew quietly sang 'Just wanna See His Face' during the band introductions. Did they ever do anything like this?

Re: Band Introductions
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 26, 2005 12:39

no

Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: July 26, 2005 13:31

do the intros get longer and longer as the lads get older and older ? then bung keith on for a while while mick has a lie down...............

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: July 26, 2005 14:48

It would be cool if Mick would break up the intros throughout the show...surprise everyone...do the horn section either right before or after a horn number...same with the singers, CL, and DJ...and do them fast...and save Ron, Charlie and Keith for their own spot...(thinking back to Live Aid when Mick was running around asking "Where'e Tina?," maybe he could do something similar with the horns or singers..."Where's Lisa" or "Let's bring on the horns..." The old intros have gotten very predictable and dull......)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 26, 2005 15:12

The shortest intro ever was at the Astoria. The intro is just an excuse for Mick to get away. To take a break. We all know their names. And Keith is too shy to introduce Mick. Those rare moments he does it are really great!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 26, 2005 15:38

Micks in fine comedy mode Philly 26 September 1981..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: July 26, 2005 15:38

Bjornulf,

Were you serious, is Keith shy about that stuff? I never looked at it that way...

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 26, 2005 15:46

Oh I totally agree with BV about Keith. He is way too shy to opne his mouth up there.

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: July 26, 2005 16:09

I agree that it would be nice with something new in the intros? Maybe a new and younger female singer to introduce? Maybe get Ian McLagan back on the keys instead of Chuck? That would make the intros different or what?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 26, 2005 16:41

Never change a winning team.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 26, 2005 16:46

Well, Mac was in the winning team and they changed it...

But well, RJ and ONNYA have loud guitars so perhaps Chuck will be a bit lower in the mix. Or he will take over the riff, we will see winking smiley

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: July 26, 2005 16:46

I totally agree Bjørnulf. Just kidding, and to let people know that to change the intro is kinda difficult when the same people are in the band, and due to the purpose of the intro-brake.

We are 13 people from Kristiansand going to New York by the way. Hope to see you there.... Same hotel as usual as far as we are concerned.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 26, 2005 17:02

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh I totally agree with BV about Keith. He is way
> too shy to opne his mouth up there.

Well, perhaps this is also the explanation for Keith's always innovative "speeches" ("Glad to be here. Glad to Anywhere. Well, you know me"...".) He seems to be like a bad actor who desperately tries to deliver his lines.

It looks like he likes to hide behind the cliches and even more, behind his image. Remember him introducing ZZ Top to Hall Of Fame.. the guy was nervous as hell and escaped behind the image of drunken and incohesive Keef... or was it real?

- Doxa

Posted by: jigsawpuzzle ()
Date: July 27, 2005 02:30

Scrap the intros .

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: July 27, 2005 02:32

the intros are a calculated way of "buying a timeout" from performing. Very smart, shrewd on Mick's part. This part of the show will not be going away.

Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: July 27, 2005 03:53

yeah, it is probably a breather, but nobody gives two hoots about who is who in the horn section period. never have. the trombone player does not have everyone clinging to the edge of their seat.

also no one really cares about blondie who is the most unnecessary person on the tours. i mean c'mon? playing clavis or guiro? is it really needed? probaby one whole section of the arena is paying for his ass alone.

the core band everyone knows and loves, including bobby keys.

forget the intros.

Posted by: Dannyboy ()
Date: July 27, 2005 05:10

Voodoo Lounge, I remember Ronnie introducing Mick at the end. The Prince of Dagenham I think he called him in Paris Longchamp, I can't really remember.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 27, 2005 05:36

ifyacantrockme Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yeah, it is probably a breather, but nobody gives
> two hoots about who is who in the horn section
> period. never have. the trombone player does not
> have everyone clinging to the edge of their seat.
>
>
> also no one really cares about blondie who is the
> most unnecessary person on the tours. i mean
> c'mon? playing clavis or guiro? is it really
> needed? probaby one whole section of the arena is
> paying for his ass alone.
>
> the core band everyone knows and loves, including
> bobby keys.
>
> forget the intros.
>
>

dont agree. I think its pretty disrespectful for any performer not to acknowledge the contribution of his backing musicians. While its filler time and a chance for a breather, the other people onstage deserve some respect and acknowledgement

Date: July 27, 2005 14:20

During the "breakfast show"from June 11 1972 at LA Forum, Mick sang the so far only known tease from JWSHF:

"Let the Music Relax your mind"

Between Tumbling Dice and Love in vain.

The japanese bootleggers heavily overlooked this tease otherwise it was included in the setlist:-))))

Check out the fabulous Bill Craven Tape !

Schuine Hondsbossche (Bachelor in STP Science)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 27, 2005 14:30

Bachelor in STP Science

Geez Shiny...STP..... didn't know you could study the Stones Touring Party

ROCKMAN

Date: July 28, 2005 11:58

STPU colleges held at Seattle, San Diego, Denver and Amsterdam.

It's a kinda dissident faction from RSfans. You cannot sign up.
They invite you, if you're lucky.

"Genootschap de Zemen Wambuis"

Schuine

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2072
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home