Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728
Current Page: 28 of 28
Re: Dallas TX USA 6-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 9, 2015 17:03

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Nikkei
Munichhilton
The sound was fine down low. We would look way up as if to the top of a skyscraper and see those high high levels, and I knew it couldn't be great up there.

I stuffed ear plugs into my 11 year old's ears after JJF. That system was far from underpowered. It may not have been enough stack coverage to get the perfect mix to every echoey corner. But the power was there, songs were easily identifiable and MOST of Jagger's comments understood (from down low).

The whotapes recording shows how clearly that place reverbed so I guess I was in the sweet spot as far as first repercussions off the crowd...it may have been on 3 echoes moving around by the time it hit the top rows?

They didn't need more power, they needed better or increased stack angling and placement...

mine is just one lousy opinion

smileys with beer Munichhilton, I love reading you almost out of character on your recollection. It's great to see how this tour becomes a family affair for ever more posters. Are you planning to hit more shows?

I hate the lack of discipline Munich displays here falling completely out of character. How are we supposed to take him seriously now?

It's a sponsored post
Click on the ad so I can make a little scratch, huh?

you've lost all artistic credibility...who sponsored you, Jovan?

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: June 9, 2015 18:13

751st
...Can you imagine how life will be once their done? I just can't imagine how that's going be.
It will be truly sad, but that's what memories are for smiling smiley

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: June 9, 2015 18:16

Blue Boy
I drove from Houston and battled the horrible traffic that seems to permeate Dallas nowedays just to see the Stones with my 12 year old son and my wife. ...

Folks, this was a perfect show. And as Longhorn said if you weren´t there I don´t want to hear your whining. It was perfect.

Rock ´N Roll!
Completely agree with your review, Blue Boy. What a night. There was an energy, the crowd was more alive than I have seen. This is the first show I have seen (Madrid last year was close) where I was feeling like I was part of the act and not just watching it. The fourth wall was breached and the spirit, heart, soul and lungs of the crowd were breathing life into the performance.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 9, 2015 18:56

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Nikkei
Munichhilton
The sound was fine down low. We would look way up as if to the top of a skyscraper and see those high high levels, and I knew it couldn't be great up there.

I stuffed ear plugs into my 11 year old's ears after JJF. That system was far from underpowered. It may not have been enough stack coverage to get the perfect mix to every echoey corner. But the power was there, songs were easily identifiable and MOST of Jagger's comments understood (from down low).

The whotapes recording shows how clearly that place reverbed so I guess I was in the sweet spot as far as first repercussions off the crowd...it may have been on 3 echoes moving around by the time it hit the top rows?

They didn't need more power, they needed better or increased stack angling and placement...

smileys with beer Munichhilton, I love reading you almost out of character on your recollection. It's great to see how this tour becomes a family affair for ever more posters. Are you planning to hit more shows?

I hate the lack of discipline Munich displays here falling completely out of character. How are we supposed to take him seriously now?

It's a sponsored post

I'm afraid it's worse than that...

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 9, 2015 19:29

TO LEM MOTLOW,

I semi-apologize for my previous post Lem. I have great eyesight but I also
had a "notable" IORRer call me disgusted with your original longwinded previous post and he was all stirred up. So then I got stirred up.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 9, 2015 19:45

GS1978
reposted with pic and link to Mick & Keith sharing a mike

Beautiful pictures. Thanks. Not sure you can actually call that sharing a mic since they both have their own but it's a similar pose and a great shot.

peace

Date: June 9, 2015 20:23

stonesrule
TO LEM MOTLOW,

I semi-apologize for my previous post Lem. I have great eyesight but I also
had a "notable" IORRer call me disgusted with your original longwinded previous post and he was all stirred up. So then I got stirred up.

that is semi-touching. my eyes are semi-moistening.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 9, 2015 22:04

Naturalust
GS1978
reposted with pic and link to Mick & Keith sharing a mike

Beautiful pictures. Thanks. Not sure you can actually call that sharing a mic since they both have their own but it's a similar pose and a great shot.

peace

Okay, let's say they're sharing two mics…haha Jagger has his left hand on Keith's right shoulder, that says a lot to me brothers and sisters!! Thanks GS1978

Date: June 10, 2015 02:29

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Nikkei
Munichhilton

It's a sponsored post

I'm afraid it's worse than that...

I don't even know you anymore!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 10, 2015 02:37

Don't be so hard on him, only sponsored message I can see concerns these:

They can actually be pretty damn useful. Integrity intact IMO

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: June 10, 2015 05:46

Looks like Atlanta is getting a equally good show as we did so just maybe Dallas was a big springboard show to this getting better as it rolls on. With so much loss professional and personal over the last year they may be truly trying to find where they are going from here or reassess at years end.This is a band that some might become disenchanted with from time to time as I read from some but somephow you manage to stay in love with them because their still giving you hope.Its the greatest story/saga in the music world.

Posted by: dcar00 ()
Date: June 10, 2015 07:44

longhorn14
Blue Boy
I drove from Houston and battled the horrible traffic that seems to permeate Dallas nowedays just to see the Stones with my 12 year old son and my wife. ...

Folks, this was a perfect show. And as Longhorn said if you weren´t there I don´t want to hear your whining. It was perfect.

Rock ´N Roll!
Completely agree with your review, Blue Boy. What a night. There was an energy, the crowd was more alive than I have seen. This is the first show I have seen (Madrid last year was close) where I was feeling like I was part of the act and not just watching it. The fourth wall was breached and the spirit, heart, soul and lungs of the crowd were breathing life into the performance.

It was a damn good show. I really think this being their first Texas show since Bobby died was a big deal for Keith(and I think even for Mick and others). I can even see Keith saying some like "let's blow the doors off this one for Bobby."

Bobby loved Texas and Keith new it.

The extended Statisfaction and Gimme Shelter were absolute home runs and Rocks off was great.

Sure there were some flubs. Mick on the one verse of MM but he nailed the rest of it. They had a little trouble on a couple of song endings but the power and energy was fantastic. They've never been "Boston or the Eagles". They are pure unadulterated Rock and Roll.

The crowd was going nuts during GS and SMU and Rambler was well done from my ear.

I'll reiterate that the warhorse close, while not exactly what bunch of vets want to hear, is pretty incredible. My son was pretty skeptical, and after satisfaction I asked him what he thought and the look on his face was just priceless. eyes wide and jaw open and said "amazing"

noticed they put JJF in a closer spot, in place of SMU in Atlanta. I'm hoping I get that in Orlando.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728
Current Page: 28 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home