Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

how many people are hanging on to their pre-May 9th membership passwords?
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: July 25, 2005 11:35

just curious - maybe we can form a political action committee?

Re: how many people are hanging on to their pre-May 9th membership passwords?
Posted by: marquess ()
Date: July 25, 2005 12:18

I am.

I`m waiting for the confirmation of the Madison Square Garden Show in January 20th 2006 to use my password.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: July 25, 2005 12:39

I used mine for a hot stage seat in Calgary. By now you can't get those seats anymore anyway. I'm lost....

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: July 25, 2005 14:46

I still have mine. Beginning to wonder why though.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 25, 2005 15:39

i still have mine.
what is your committee looking to achieve, Little Queenie?
special care for the recklessly optimistic? :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 25, 2005 16:43

I used mine for the Houston show not wanting to wait any longer for the "promised" theatre shows. I'm wondering about the Euro shows and how they will be handled. Will they stick with the 9 May deadline or will later memberships be honored with first chance at getting ticlets?

Date: July 25, 2005 20:30

they've implied that they plan to continue the "pre-presales" on further legs of the tour, but ... well, we'll see, won't we. smile: sooner or later there will be like three people who still have unused pre-may-9th passcodes - that'll be a fun pre-presale to watch!

- Keith

Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: July 25, 2005 20:45

Date: July 27, 2005 07:20

I am eternally optimistic but I also work to make things happen. This project one may be out of my hands but I'll make something work anyway...there's a fine line between what you want and what you need! I emailed RS.com about theater shows and if the codes can be used for European theater shows and this is what they said:

We're planning as best we can to ensure that Fan Club members will be
able to use Fan Club passcodes around the world. The Fan Club shall
issue alternate codes if the current codes cannot meet requirements
abroad. We will be sure to keep you informed via the site and the
Newsletter.

At this time there are no details on any theater shows. Please keep
checking back to RollingStones.com for details.

Date: July 27, 2005 08:45

Little Queenie, i am optimistic by nature too, but i still don't know what your "political action committee" is seeking. meanwhile, rs.com's response to your questions is the same response i got from them back in may, so at least they're being consistent. that's good!

- Keith

Date: July 27, 2005 11:40

well, i am joking as to the officialness of such a PAC, and hope that they announce one theater show in the US or that i can make it to a european theater show so i don't have to pay hundreds of dollars for each theater show from the scalpers like i usually do (money i don't have)....but if i held on to my password waiting for the theater shows (like i did) and had to buy new memberships (which i did - two of them) and if there are no theater shows in the US - and i can't afford to go to europe next year (which is theoretically true - it would all go on my credit card) then i'm screwed - i could've used the password for one of the stadium shows or arena shows that i bought new memberships for and gotten better seats than i did. a refund on the original membership doesn't quite set it straight...

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: July 27, 2005 12:21

I see everybody has its own philosophy which is good. Somehow nowbody was aware with that pres sale 9th May. If so I would have bought a couple of those as you get better seats at a better price. At least the people I talked to.
If they have to replace the pre 9th May code as stated in one of the above threads I would be sure that there won't be such a different pre sale then. I doubt if European sales agents can handle this.

Date: July 27, 2005 13:47

well but what they're saying is that they intend to continue the "pre May 9th privilege" on other legs of the tour. whether that's what will happen or not ... well, we'll see, won't we.
i have zero possibility of attending shows on other continents, so my decision to hold onto my code is easier than yours, Little Queenie. my main quandary is whether/when to get a second membership. i have no experience at all with on-line ticket frenzies - er, i mean sales - so i don't know at all what to expect when the European gigs go on sale. does anyone want to give me European Ticket Frenzy Lessons? i'd be grateful for good insights.

- Keith

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: July 27, 2005 13:52

I still have mine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-27 13:53 by mariannerl.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: July 27, 2005 15:16

still got mine...probably stupid enopugh to hang on until the last European gig or they cancel me automatically July 2006, waiting on a club show!

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: July 27, 2005 16:14

Burned mine the first day for 4th row Keef side at Phillips. Hard to imagine them being improved upon. A true deal at $25 per ticket!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 27, 2005 17:07

What do you mean $25 per ticket?? Lost me there.

I wonder if American Express will sponsor Europe too and at least get post May 9 presales on that gold card I am charging so many tickets on??

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 27, 2005 17:13

sarahunwin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What do you mean $25 per ticket?? Lost me there.
>
>

Buying 4 great seats thanks to a RS.Com membership costing $100 makes an additionnal cost of $25 per ticket for the best possible tickets.

You pay Face value + $25 and are supposed to have better seats than saving $25 but waiting for the public sale to begin

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: July 27, 2005 17:28

Yepp! Stoill have one left. Used one for MSG. Saving the other for possible club shows in Europe... And my new memberships will hopefully help me get into some arenas in Europe. Watch out for Oslo Spektrum. Only 8.000 people. That's a very small arena... Or a large club. Celebrating my birthday on January 20th, hopefully in the MSG. And you're all hereby invited! That includes The Stones.

Date: July 27, 2005 20:52

I still have one also. Figure it's a no lose situation as I'll just get a refund if I don't use it. Might as well see what pops up in January..........

Posted by: macdaddy ()
Date: July 27, 2005 22:36

No Expectations56 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I still have one also. Figure it's a no lose
> situation as I'll just get a refund if I don't use
> it. Might as well see what pops up in
> January..........

exactly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1985
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home