Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Brown Sugar and Young Skydog
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 19:53

[www.udiscovermusic.com]

cool article. apologies if someone already posted it.

with all of this press attention to sticky fingers, i'm guessing they'll be announcing a tour with a "sticky fingers" theme before the year is out.

Re: Brown Sugar and Young Skydog
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 1, 2015 19:57

Allow me to clear things up: It's "Sky don't save her" on the original.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 1, 2015 20:11

If it's really skydog in the studio recording, I don't know.. But I mostly hear him singing live "ol' slaver"
The scarred sounds a bit like sky indeed, that's probably Micks accent.
But because I also hear a "d" most times,
it just can't be "scarred ol slaver" or "skydoll slaver".
I'd say he sings "skydoll slaver" winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 20:12 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 1, 2015 20:29

Nikkei

I've seen some bad interpretations of Stones lyrics but they have to be the worst...so far off it's laughable...

It's always been 'scarred old slaver' and it's always been 'salivate like a pavlov dog'

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: June 1, 2015 20:32

My pizza's burning.

Date: June 1, 2015 21:57

crumbling_mice
I've seen some bad interpretations of Stones lyrics but they have to be the worst...so far off it's laughable...

It's always been 'scarred old slaver' and it's always been 'salivate like a pavlov dog'

I recently laid hands on a book about the Stones on the flea market. It was printed in the German Democratic Republic in the 80s and is ridiculously stubborn aiming at the "capitalistic" on every other page. Mind you it was still before Steel Wheels then. It's got lots of lyrics with a german translation besides it which turns out laughably bad as well. It's pretty accurate but determined to use weird, dry vocabulary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 21:57 by Nikkei.

Date: June 1, 2015 22:18

Nikkei
crumbling_mice

I recently laid hands on a book about the Stones on the flea market. It was printed in the German Democratic Republic in the 80s and is ridiculously stubborn aiming at the "capitalistic" on every other page. Mind you it was still before Steel Wheels then. It's got lots of lyrics with a german translation besides it which turns out laughably bad as well. It's pretty accurate but determined to use weird, dry vocabulary.

that's a very jarring cover until one realizes it's in german.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 1, 2015 22:20

How come you tan so good?

I'd actually always wondered the answer to that question:

Brown Sugar, How Come You Tan So Good?! confused smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 1, 2015 22:26

I once bought a DVD player - the instructions told me not to "put it in a watery place as I might get a terrible shock"............

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 1, 2015 22:38

could we never bring this up again?,please?

the lyric is "scarred old slaver knows he's doing alright"

if you have any question the beginning of ccksucker blues should clear it up for you-it has a voice over of keith very slowly and clearly speaking the verse.

although i have to admit that paper with the words on it was funny as hell.
it says "warner bros" on the bottom of it and "tokyo japan" so maybe it was something submitted as fake lyrics translated to avoid censorship.

and bitch too-they came up with a new song-"sally babe i feel pulse all gone"!!!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 1, 2015 22:43

"I'm feeling so short
I'm so distracted
It could take all week"

Well, yeah . . . . Many will empathize.

Date: June 1, 2015 22:49

lem motlow
could we never bring this up again?,please?

the lyric is "scarred old slaver knows he's doing alright"

if you have any question the beginning of ccksucker blues should clear it up for you-it has a voice over of keith very slowly and clearly speaking the verse.

although i have to admit that paper with the words on it was funny as hell.
it says "warner bros" on the bottom of it and "tokyo japan" so maybe it was something submitted as fake lyrics translated to avoid censorship.

and bitch too-they came up with a new song-"sally babe i feel pulse all gone"!!!

It's definitely scarred old slaver
I thought people we joking about the other possibilities because of the incorrect lyric sheet

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 1, 2015 23:00

Let's forget the Skydog nonsense and have some more Japanese lyrics!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: June 1, 2015 23:01

i once thought the "but i try try try" in LSTNT was "baby cha cha cha". perhaps i could become a japanese lyric sheetist.

Date: June 1, 2015 23:05

I sit at home
And lookin out the
Window and imagine
It's the world outside

That's so meta!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 2, 2015 00:58

I hear "I buried Paul."

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 2, 2015 01:02

"Pick a time,
put up with it,
Kind of dangerous,
Slide right down,"

Y'know, I think I like these Japanese lyrics better.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 2, 2015 01:23

they way mick has been working this thing with knowing everything about the local audience i wouldnt put it past him to relearn the damn thing and sing it that way next time he's in japan.

i couldnt believe he said "san diego is so nice, why would anyone want to leave here? especially the chargers"

he actually knew about the dispute between the nfl team and that they were threatening to move to los angeles,and it got a big cheer.i'm kidding about the lyrics thing of course but that boy is a fcking pro.

and the hang on sloopy thing in ohio-he knew the deal,beliEve me, he knew.people saying the cheer suprised him-yeah,right.nothing escapes that dude.

but i digress-please no more "skydog slaveship" or whatever....just,NO!

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 2, 2015 03:08

"There was nobody but a soul around"

The haunting of Mick Jagger? eye popping smiley

Date: June 2, 2015 05:22

EddieByword
I once bought a DVD player - the instructions told me not to "put it in a watery place as I might get a terrible shock"............

you can't argue with the clarity of the instruction

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 2, 2015 06:53

On the studio album's Start Me Up Mick sings "I walk smooth. Ride in a mean mean machine." At the Echoplex he sings, "I wanna smooth ride in a mean..." (The Stones phone app has the video.)

At Wembley in 1982 Mick sings "Little chicken you will blow my top." On the studio version he's not singing "little chicken." Posters on a debate thread on this forum regarding that line couldn't conclude what Mick sings on the studio version before "blow my top" but it's not "little chicken."

I wonder how often Mick has changed lyrics live, other than a HTW "right here in Virginia" type thing for a local audience.

Date: June 2, 2015 06:58

Title5Take1
On the studio album's Start Me Up Mick sings "I walk smooth. Ride in a mean mean machine." At the Echoplex he sings, "I wanna smooth ride in a mean..." (The Stones phone app has the video.)

At Wembley in 1982 Mick sings "Little chicken you will blow my top." On the studio version he's not singing "little chicken." Posters on a debate thread on this forum regarding that line couldn't conclude what Mick sings on the studio version before "blow my top" but it's not "little chicken."

I wonder how often Mick has changed lyrics live, other than a HTW "right here in Virginia" type thing for a local audience.

He does it quite often.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 2, 2015 07:14

Nikkei

I saw this earlier today and I about fell off my chair laughing. Holy shit is that hilarious!

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: June 2, 2015 15:38

i love that 'how come you, how come you, tan so good' line.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 2, 2015 16:17

Turner68
Title5Take1

He does it quite often.

It's the one song I've never been able to figure out, that part, for certain. You can't understand it for shit. If you say it as one word it could possibly be

yougotmeitchinabouttoblowmytahhhhhp.

You got me itchin' is what I always thought it was. And then sometimes it's something else. Stupid Jagger.

Date: June 2, 2015 16:22

GasLightStreet
Turner68
Title5Take1

He does it quite often.

It's the one song I've never been able to figure out, that part, for certain. You can't understand it for shit. If you say it as one word it could possibly be

You got me itchin' is what I always thought it was. And then sometimes it's something else. Stupid Jagger.

it's possible it's just nonsense.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 2, 2015 16:25

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 16:25 by dcba.

Date: June 2, 2015 17:08

Turner68
GasLightStreet
Turner68
Title5Take1

He does it quite often.

it's possible it's just nonsense.

I concur with Skippy...itchin'

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 2, 2015 17:21

Title5Take1

Doesn't he sing 'I want a smooth ride in a mean mean machine' (or actually: Oi wanna smooth wroite in a main main machaine).

Mathijs

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 2, 2015 18:31

Nikkei

In a land before the internet....I hope no person in Tokyo was trying to learn english from these liner notes!

haha but seriously that is definitely what I heard the first time I listened to those songs...
"How come you tan so good?"

Brings a whole new level of interpretation to the term "Brown Sugar"!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home