Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 33
Re: Columbus OH USA 30-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 31, 2015 19:51

to those that say drop midnight rambler and play three other songs--it doesn't really work like that. it takes a lot more energy to play three separate songs. MR allows for a sort of respite for many of the players.

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: May 31, 2015 19:54

Irix
Heart for Stones

Thanks and it is in 4K (2160p)
How can it be dowloaded in that quality ?

If you're familiar with Command-line Tools, then you could use youtube-dl with the parameter '-f 266'.

The 4K-version of PIB [790.65 MB] is Video-only. Highest resolution with Audio is 1280x720 - maybe you can merge the Audio track from this one with another Tool into the 4K-Video.

Btw, with 'youtube-dl' you can also download e.g. the 'Wild Horses' acoustic Video from Vevo: youtube-dl '[www.vevo.com]; or the 'Bitch' extended version: youtube-dl '[www.vevo.com]; .

Thanks a lot for helping. Seems a little difficult, but I'll try that.

All the Best!

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:02

DEmerson
I wasn't there in OH (will be at Milwaukee and Buffalo) but think it's distressing they are already back down to 19 songs and dropped MM and CYHMK. Preying I get either one.

I agree, 19 for the prices (call me a setlist Whiner). I will be in Milwaukee also hoping for something strange.

Although: If you count the 30 seconds of Hang on Sloopy there were 20 songs.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:04

Just from the periscope segments I saw, it sounds like they gave it their all for the California shows. Ohio not so much. Maybe Hang On Sloopy was the only unique part of the show.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:04

GratefulFred
Ronnie looked kind of f*cked up and was constantly sipping from a red cup and smoking. Kind of have a feeling he is back on the bottle

I suspected something like that when I heard his solo at the end of MR. He usually shines there, yesterday it was erratic.

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:06

Almost went to this show but decided to see Rush instead(alot closer to me)
and was blown away !!

Not trying to get flamed but i'm glad i skipped this Columbus gig,i saw 3 shows
in 2013 and they all looked better than last nights set

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:08

Like someone else said, the Area Code Tour. They phoned it in.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:13

The best thing about that pic is the guy had the presence of mind to do the Stones tongue.

I would have thought he would be in shock, seeing that someone was being attacked by the police and it wasn't him (the black guy).

The dude being cuffed looks like a real menace, no?

All around, a truly classic photo. Should be in the year-end award round-ups.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:21

they should drop doom and gloom.....Mick can't keep up.....Bernard doesn't bother trying to sing with him cause he's all over the place...the playing is sharp and crisp (a sticky song would be welcome in it's place)....we were 13 rows back......prob the only song where the crowd wasn't nuts...besides Keith's set

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:22

To have an entire tour built around Sticky Fingers and then only play the three best-known songs from that album, that have been played on every prior tour, is more than a bit dull. Still, the performance and the playing and the crowd were all very good and it was a fun time. If you had a 19 song greatest hits cd, it would probably look like this show - not a single song that was released in the 30 years between Tattoo You and Doom and Gloom.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:27

Rokyfan
Yes, Mick underestimates the casual fan, if that were the real reason, which it is not.

The reason they don't mix it up is because they can't . . . they would have to rehearse much much longer to get to the point where they could perform other numbers creditably at this point. They're not a working band, they get together to work up the usual setlist to go on tour and don't want to put in the time it would take to do more. Why should they, the tickets sell anyway, they make their money.

Sadly Rokyfan, I think your observations are spot on. I want to believe that the set-lists will change along the course of the tour and Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Sway and/or Moonlight Mile will make more appearances and just not the usual tried and true tunes from Sticky Fingers like Wild Horses, Bitch, and Dead Flowers that they have been playing for years now. I don't buy the argument that the Stones are playing to the casual fans, especially in light of the fact that they just played the United States two years ago and many "casual" fans traveled to see them play in their nearest markets, and with exceptions of the show in Columbus (minus two-three songs this time around), this could have been a 50th reunion set-list. I'm just as big a fan of Springsteen's as I am the Stones, and I don't hear "casual" fans moaning and complaining when Bruce mixes up his set-lists. These fans walk out pretty content from his shows.
PS- To Mick Jagger and company- if it is gonna be the usual, don't pull a bait and switch/sell us a bill of goods routine by leading us to believe that you are going to be show-casing Sticky Finger like you did in pre-tour interviews, just like you did (I'm sorry Keith did) with leading us on that Mick Taylor would have more of a role than he did for the 50th reunion tour.

Posted by: LadyJane ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:33

latvianinexile
Some of my pics from last night

Fantastic pics!!!!

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:39

Finally woke up and now have my sh*t together, so here goes...

Last night was my 35th Stones concert and for the most part it could not have gone better. Lucky Dipped this one and got sec 20A. Better than most dippers got, apparently. Got a real good listen to the sound check outside of gate 25 by the security entrance. They even let us inside when the rain and wind hit. Much better than being by the rotunda, which was also opened.

Kid Rock reminded me of Aerosmith without any good songs and no Joe Perry.

The crowd around me was OUTSTANDING. I really lucked out. It was like one big happy family and I've never socialized so much with strangers at a concert. Best of all... no drunks around me! The only times I've ever had concerts ruined was by drunks. Nobody even drinking beer at all anywhere near me. Smelled pot throughout the show, but that's fine by me.

There must not have been any "big city boys" around me, either, because everyone was having a blast and acting civilized. I would never even consider attending a Stones concert anymore in New York, Philly, Boston, Chicago, LA, SF, Dallas, Atlanta, Miami, or any other of the so-called "major markets" because as far as I'm concerned, they're hell-holes. Columbus is one of the finest cities, maybe the best, in the USA and we like to keep it that way. Thank you for staying home!

This was my first Stones concert since 2006. Didn't do 2012-2014 because of the stale setlist issue. But 9 years have passed since then, so this year it didn't really matter what they play as long as I could still see them. The Lucky Dip pricing didn't hurt either!

Columbus has been really lucky since our first Stones show in 1997. The boys have historically put on GREAT shows here in town, and in my opinion you get more Satisfaction here than just about anywhere else. Of course all you sophisticated "big city boys" wouldn't know that. We got the world premiers of Sway and Hang on Sloopy, a rare and outstanding performance of Mr. Pitiful, and at the Licks sound check we got Soul Survivor which could be heard loud and clear by all of us inside the areana at the bar. Columbus Licks was really one of the best of the whole tour.

IMO, the highlights of last night's show were....

Wild Horses - was hoping for MM, but this was a great rendition ow WH. Very beautiful and delicate. Excellent guitar weaving.
Hang on Sloopy - what can i say.. the only downer was they should have played it all the way thru. The crowd was expecting as much once it started.
Paint it Black - great version.
Gimme Shelter - the intro was great, really one of the best GS intros I've ever heard them play.
Rambler - powerhouse. Again, one of the best Ramblers I've heard.

The real highlight, though, was the crowd. The best I've ever been in. Thank you to all who attended!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 20:39 by josepi.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:50

Beautiful shots as always, LatvianinExile! And you catch such special moments,
like Ronnie balancing a radiant banana on his head during Happy, while Matt looks on in helpless envy.
Trust a pro! :E

latvianinexile

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:59

tauk
Blue Boy
I certainly hope te set list for Dallas will be different. I was deeply disappointed with this set list. For what I'm paying to take the wife and two pre-teens this is not worth the expense nor my while.

Where is Moonlight Mile?

I ha a nagging sensation that Dallas will get Dead Flowers and Bitch. I've seen them do those two too many times. I'm going because of Moonlight Mile, Sway, Cyhmk, you gotta Move.

Years ago this forum entertained an Interesting debate on whether the Stones were going to become a Vegas act. I believe that based on tonight's performance the Stones are a Vegas touring show.

Come on boys! Give us some satisfaction and bot this stake set list.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Perhaps you are referring to comparing the Stones with "nostalgia acts" like I've read on iorr that some people think bands like The Beach Boys are. Well, I mean, actually, o.k. it's been a while since The Stones put out a new studio album but really, most of the "nostalgia acts" quit putting out new material a lot longer ago than the Stones. A lot of nostalgia acts didn't have any where near the prolonged, very prolific output of The Stones. What's really wrong about a band of over 50 years playing the same stuff when that stuff happens to be of the highest quality rock & n roll ever put out by any one in this world? So don't listen to the "warhorses" at home, when you're not at a concert. Listen only to the other album cuts. so then, if you go to a concert you're not so bored hearing the "warhorses". Just a suggestion.

Yes, this is close to what I mean by their "Vegas years," that decades-long stretch of little to no creative output. They have written an unsurpassed number of rock classics but can no longer write a hit. 34 yrs since they released a record the general public noticed. I've never cared about the Taylor debate or the setlist kerfuffle ... all I care about is that Jagger/Richards is artistically defunct.

They're an awesome karaoke party band, no doubt, and more power to everybody digging their modern-day act.

I still get a chuckle out of Bowie's lampoon of them as far back as 1973 as "an old fashioned band of married men, lookin up to me for encouragement."

They are a force of nature and perhaps their gazillions of touring $$$ means that they have had the last laugh ... but have they, really?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:05

SomeTorontoGirl
Loved the show, and loved spending time with the delightful Angee and wonderful Cindy C. A pleasure to spend time with you both. Also, a cool souvenir courtesy of Cindy C, many thanks!

That's a "well chuffed" photo - who's who?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 21:06 by EddieByword.

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:16

Stones setlist with Micks comments

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WILL YOU PLEASE WELCOME THE ROLLING STONES! 1.Jumpin' Jack Flash
2.It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
It’s great to be here tonight, the stadium of champions!
This one’s called
3.Let's Spend The Night Together
Thank you Columbus! Anybody here from Cleveland? Anyone here from Dayton? Anyone from Cincinatti?! Well you’re all very welcome
4.Tumbling Dice
It’s great to be here! Yesterday we went out and about in Columbus, hung out on Gay Street at the Moonlight Market…..went to the German Village for a beer tasting. The saw the zombie parade, they look like some of the best fed zombies this side of Michigan!
5.Doom & Gloom
We’re gonna do a couple of songs from Sticky Fingers now, which I think we recorded about 149 years ago now. But it’s always nice to play the old songs. The first one’s called
6.Bitch
I need to get a color. I need to get a color (changing shirts) . I heard, I heard that Columbus is the fashion Capitol of the United States. I havnt got the underwear though. We’re gonna slow it down a little bit to another song which I think is on Sticky Fingers called
7.Wild Horses
Normally we put songs up on line for you to choose, on top of that we thought you might know this one!
8.Hang On Sloopy! (just for 30 Seconds...)
So actually, what you actually voted for is this one, put it up on screen PAINT IT BLACK. A cheerful one for ya…
9.Paint It Black
10.Honky Tonk Women
I know you’re a very noisy crowd here in Columbus, but apparently if I say these two letters something will happen…
MI
Oh sorry, sorry!
O.H!
Introductions
Let me introduce you to Miss Lisa Fischer!
Mr Bernard Fowler!
On the keyboards and French horn Matt Clifford!
On the saxophone Tim Ries!
On the tenor sax Karl Denson!
On the bass Darryl Jones!
On the guitar Ronnie Wood! He’s only been playing with us for forty years, today. Today? Next week!
On the drums Charlie Watts!
On the guitar and now the vocals Keith Richards!
How’s everybody? It’s really good to be back, it’s good to be anywhere. It’s great to see Columbus again, and all of Ohio, am I right! It’s great to be back on the heartland! This one’s called
11.Before They Make Me Run
12.Happy
13.Midnight Rambler
14.Miss You
15.Gimme Shelter (with Lisa Fisher)
16.Start Me Up
17.Sympathy For The Devil
18.Brown Sugar
Thank you very much Columbus! You’ve been a @#$%& great audience! Good night!
Encores
19.You Can't Always Get What You Want (with the Ohio University Singers Choir)
You sounded fantastic! We’d like to thank the Ohio University singers, thank you ladies, thank you gentlemen. God bless you. Are you ready?!
20.Satisfaction

(Thank you Stonesnews.com)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 21:18 by StonesHood.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:21

he is clearly downplaying sticky fingers for some reason, in classic mick self-deprecatory style -

"sticky fingers was 147 years ago"
"wild horses which i think is on sticky fingers"
etc.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:22

I just finished cleaning the house after the beer, ludes and toot concert party I had for the Columbus show. I now am going to bake a cake.

I have a question. Does anyone know how to get nasty, musty hooker smell out your carpet.

Maybe we all can invent something and call it "Unsticky Fingers". Put it in a denim blue bottle and put a Zipper on it.

Just thinking.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:23

anyone seen stonestod lately?

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:23

with sssoul
GlimmerGirl24
I'm glad all of you enjoyed the live stream. I apologize for the shakiness, sometimes it's impossible to stand still.
Debbie
Tiger

GlimmerGirl24, you rock.
I was in the wrong time zone to watch your live streaming but I see you did an absolutely gallant job;
and I still value your lessons in ticket buying (back in 2005) very highly indeed.
What shows are you going to next?

The replay might still be up. I hope so - I haven't had time to listen to it. I know it starts with HTW instead of Bitch. I'm not sure if it goes to the end of the show or not.

[www.periscope.tv]

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:28

latebloomer
GlimmerGirl24
Plink
Debbie rocks!!thumbs up I wish for her sake she had better seats - she deserves them!

We did go to Ticket Services with our Lucky Dips God an upgrade, the woman offered us seats two sections over. We kept what we had and we're glad we did, the people in that section weren't as crazy about the sound. The sound was phenomenal there - straight back from the stage. Loud and guitar heavy, my only complaint would be the backing vocals were occasionally washed out.

I'm glad all of you enjoyed the live stream. I apologize for the shakiness, sometimes it's impossible to stand still.

Debbie
Tiger

I was thinking last night how cool it was that somebody was generous enough do this...I know I wouldn't have been able to stand still at all or keep quiet. Hope it didn't take away from the concert experience for you. We love you, we really do! smiling smiley

I was only distracted when looking for the lightning/usb cable in my purse. I dimmed the screen, kept the i Phone close to my body and reminded my self to mouth not sing along. smiling smiley With an injured knee - my dancing is a bit limited - so my in concert activities weren't curtailed too much.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:30

Poor set list

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:34

latvianinexile, you always take good photos and are always in KR side.cool smiley

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:37

jaggerman
Almost went to this show but decided to see Rush instead(alot closer to me)
and was blown away !!

Not trying to get flamed but i'm glad i skipped this Columbus gig,i saw 3 shows
in 2013 and they all looked better than last nights set

Geddy Lee and crew are awesome!!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:37

thanks for your pics Latvian ..Great !!
jeroen

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:39

Green Lady
Back from the Land of Unreliable WiFi (trust me to go on holiday just when all the excitement happened!). Looking forward to following the show. Have a great time everyone and mind how you go with those silly chairs...

just a guess but from 2 shows so far and the reports of wi-fi issues 2 things come to mind one a full stadium is a drain on the best of wi-fi and doubt these stadiums are the best of wi-fi. secondly and more important is just a guess but I bet some wi-fi channels are blocked from the usual access for stadium use whether security, the stones whatever but don't think the usualy array of wi-fi channels are available to us. just a guess from a computer literate albeit not a network wizard

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:51

GlimmerGirl24
latebloomer
GlimmerGirl24
Plink
Debbie rocks!!thumbs up I wish for her sake she had better seats - she deserves them!

We did go to Ticket Services with our Lucky Dips God an upgrade, the woman offered us seats two sections over. We kept what we had and we're glad we did, the people in that section weren't as crazy about the sound. The sound was phenomenal there - straight back from the stage. Loud and guitar heavy, my only complaint would be the backing vocals were occasionally washed out.

Debbie
Tiger

I was thinking last night how cool it was that somebody was generous enough do this...I know I wouldn't have been able to stand still at all or keep quiet. Hope it didn't take away from the concert experience for you. We love you, we really do! smiling smiley

I was only distracted when looking for the lightning/usb cable in my purse. I dimmed the screen, kept the i Phone close to my body and reminded my self to mouth not sing along. smiling smiley With an injured knee - my dancing is a bit limited - so my in concert activities weren't curtailed too much.
U R D BEST DT!!!
U R D IORR MVP!! WOW!!!

You talked the talk and then you walked the walk!!
You took us there, thank you very very much!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

You are too cool GlimmerGirl24,
I am delighted it turns out that you are the
Famous Debbie Tiger- "THE BEST STONES SCOPER SO FAR".

I enjoyed your efforts very much.

PS
I hope your hurt knee gets better soon.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:53

StonesHood
Stones setlist with Micks comments

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WILL YOU PLEASE WELCOME THE ROLLING STONES! 1.Jumpin' Jack Flash
2.It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
It’s great to be here tonight, the stadium of champions!
This one’s called
3.Let's Spend The Night Together
Thank you Columbus! Anybody here from Cleveland? Anyone here from Dayton? Anyone from Cincinatti?! Well you’re all very welcome
4.Tumbling Dice
It’s great to be here! Yesterday we went out and about in Columbus, hung out on Gay Street at the Moonlight Market…..went to the German Village for a beer tasting. The saw the zombie parade, they look like some of the best fed zombies this side of Michigan!
5.Doom & Gloom
We’re gonna do a couple of songs from Sticky Fingers now, which I think we recorded about 149 years ago now. But it’s always nice to play the old songs. The first one’s called
6.Bitch
I need to get a color. I need to get a color (changing shirts) . I heard, I heard that Columbus is the fashion Capitol of the United States. I havnt got the underwear though. We’re gonna slow it down a little bit to another song which I think is on Sticky Fingers called
7.Wild Horses
Normally we put songs up on line for you to choose, on top of that we thought you might know this one!
8.Hang On Sloopy! (just for 30 Seconds...)
So actually, what you actually voted for is this one, put it up on screen PAINT IT BLACK. A cheerful one for ya…
9.Paint It Black
10.Honky Tonk Women
I know you’re a very noisy crowd here in Columbus, but apparently if I say these two letters something will happen…
MI
Oh sorry, sorry!
O.H!
Introductions
Let me introduce you to Miss Lisa Fischer!
Mr Bernard Fowler!
On the keyboards and French horn Matt Clifford!
On the saxophone Tim Ries!
On the tenor sax Karl Denson!
On the bass Darryl Jones!
On the guitar Ronnie Wood! He’s only been playing with us for forty years, today. Today? Next week!
On the drums Charlie Watts!
On the guitar and now the vocals Keith Richards!
How’s everybody? It’s really good to be back, it’s good to be anywhere. It’s great to see Columbus again, and all of Ohio, am I right! It’s great to be back on the heartland! This one’s called
11.Before They Make Me Run
12.Happy
13.Midnight Rambler
14.Miss You
15.Gimme Shelter (with Lisa Fisher)
16.Start Me Up
17.Sympathy For The Devil
18.Brown Sugar
Thank you very much Columbus! You’ve been a @#$%& great audience! Good night!
Encores
19.You Can't Always Get What You Want (with the Ohio University Singers Choir)
You sounded fantastic! We’d like to thank the Ohio University singers, thank you ladies, thank you gentlemen. God bless you. Are you ready?!
20.Satisfaction

(Thank you Stonesnews.com)

No namecheck for Chuck, then?

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:59

Cell towers are spaced out to cover the population across a large area. When 60,000 people get together in a concentrated area, all using Twitter,FB, Periscope, Instagram, etc, it sucks the life out of the towers.

Personally I would far rather wait for a video on YouTube of the one or two interesting songs, than watch the whole show via cell phone every night. If the setlist was more interesting, I'd be more inclined to watch more feeds. At this point I am considering not recording Nashville and just going like normal. It'll be a fun show for sure, but unless the song vote is something very interesting (Chuck Berry song, Star Star, etc) then what's the point?

I had several good friends at the show last night. Some from IORR and Shidoobee, others from "real life". Everyone had a blast but feels the same way about the setlist. They can easily drop Tumbling Dice, Miss You and Doom & Gloom and put anything in there.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1823
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home