Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 33
Re: Columbus OH USA 30-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 09:49

KeithFnRichards
Mick just TOTALLY sang Skydog Slaver in BS
Always wondered about this. Jim Dickinson claims that's what MJ says on the record referencing Duane Allman. Never heard it myself.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 31, 2015 09:53

Any Questions?

Posted by: Leonioid ()

Plink
Nikkei
wonder what happened here?

[pbs.twimg.com]
[twitter.com]

Check out the photo-bomber in front doing his best impression of the Stones logo! It also looks like he has a cut off left arm but compensates for that by having a second, tiny pale right arm sprouting from his waist.

Man, that is one weird picture... from the deformed/unatural sized limbs, to the cops doing to whomever/whatever to the bunch people in the background totally not even looking at the commotion. Is it one big photoshop art piece or is it memorex? Eitehr way it is weird.

Posted by: glimmerkkp ()

---------------------------------

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 31, 2015 09:56

That picture is totally legit. I asked the guy who posted it and he said the guy was wasted and basically asking to be arrested. His friend wanted a picture eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 31, 2015 09:59

SomeTorontoGirl
Loved the show, and loved spending time with the delightful Angee and wonderful Cindy C. A pleasure to spend time with you both. Also, a cool souvenir courtesy of Cindy C, many thanks!

[i182.photobucket.com]

[i182.photobucket.com]
^This is what it is all about. It is great to see/hear you lovely ladies could get together and have a great time at a great Rolling Stones show. Thank you for sharing pictures of your good times.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 10:02 by Leonioid.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 31, 2015 10:01

100% warhorses, i really hope for the San Diego type of setlist in Orlando & Nashville.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 10:20

Great show;
little bit disappointed with the setlist, but honestly that's kinda what I expected for Columbus and Indianapolis too; hoping I get something rarer in Milwaukee.
I was surprised we dropped down to 19 songs (not including the "Hang on Sloopy" which was cool). I would have taken the SD setlist over this one in a heartbeat.
Crowd were great, no complaints about the venue; Kid Rock was ok and went over really well,
Band sounded good, Mick sounded great.
Overall not as good as the '13 shows I saw but still a great show.

Posted by: Mister_D ()
Date: May 31, 2015 10:24

Nikkei- Outstanding photos of the venue, especially in daylight hours. Really appreciate the high angles and panoramas, they give a really good sense of the place. Much better these than the endless stage shots usually posted on this site. Those look all the same from show to show, year to year.
Thanks.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 31, 2015 10:27

Never mind - I found it!

I love the Rolling Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 10:44 by with sssoul.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 31, 2015 10:28

JumpinJeppeFlash
100% warhorses,

I wouldn't really call Bitch a warhorsesmiling smiley
I gotta agree though that the San Diego setlist was pretty cool,
but on the other hand, if I'd be a casual fan I'd love the setlist for Columbus as well.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: May 31, 2015 10:29

^^^
I'm really, really, really hoping that's not a black/white satan - I mean satin - jacket on the sofa. Keith's wardrobe has been very cool so far - no need to mess w/ the streak cool smiley

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 31, 2015 10:31

Blue Boy
I certainly hope te set list for Dallas will be different. I was deeply disappointed with this set list. For what I'm paying to take the wife and two pre-teens this is not worth the expense nor my while.

Where is Moonlight Mile?

I ha a nagging sensation that Dallas will get Dead Flowers and Bitch. I've seen them do those two too many times. I'm going because of Moonlight Mile, Sway, Cyhmk, you gotta Move.

Years ago this forum entertained an Interesting debate on whether the Stones were going to become a Vegas act. I believe that based on tonight's performance the Stones are a Vegas touring show.

Come on boys! Give us some satisfaction and bot this stake set list.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I'm curious, what do you think a "Vegas Act" or a "Vegas Touring show"is? That makes no sense in so many ways it is hard for me to know where to start here. There's many types of "acts" in Vegas. What type are you referring to exactly?? Are you referring to entertainers who have a prolonged residency here? If so, may I ask, what's wrong with those types of Headliners anyway??

You mention that you think The Stones are a "Vegas touring act". What are you talking about???? Vegas acts don't go on tour. Just the opposite- successful Broadway shows and successful entertainers (currently or soon, Rod Stewart for one example, or Santana recently) come to Vegas to do an extended residency or just 1 or 2 shows. What's wrong with that?

Wonderful small-to medium sized venues where you can actually afford a front row seat. The Pearl at The Palms. The Blues Club at Mandalay Bay. The Hard Rock & Planet Hollywood, and the new Smith Center For The Performing Arts which is not on The Strip...And for the bigger bands, of course the arena sized MGM or the UNLV football stadium.

But what does that have to do with your complaints about The Stones?? Makes no sense to me.

Sure there are a few shows in town that fit the old-fashioned idea of a Vegas act-there really aren't many of those, just a few that are the long chorus line, big head dress-feathers kind of old show.

But none of that has anything to do, not even in the remotest sense with the Rolling Stones....unless I ever live to see the day Mick Jagger comes out in a 5 foot high head dress and starts pulling rabbits out of a hat, I don't agree with your assessment of them as a "Vegas Act or Vegas Touring Act" at all. (LUV YA MICK XXXXXXOOOOOOO's)

Perhaps you are referring to comparing the Stones with "nostalgia acts" like I've read on iorr that some people think bands like The Beach Boys are. Well, I mean, actually, o.k. it's been a while since The Stones put out a new studio album but really, most of the "nostalgia acts" quit putting out new material a lot longer ago than the Stones. A lot of nostalgia acts didn't have any where near the prolonged, very prolific output of The Stones. What's really wrong about a band of over 50 years playing the same stuff when that stuff happens to be of the highest quality rock & n roll ever put out by any one in this world? So don't listen to the "warhorses" at home, when you're not at a concert. Listen only to the other album cuts. so then, if you go to a concert you're not so bored hearing the "warhorses". Just a suggestion.

Or, if they bore you why don't you just find a new group to follow? And Blue Boy, when I say "you" I really mean the "collective you" to include all you folks who are genuinely distressed about the repetitive nature of what The Stones play in concert.

Live is too short-it flies by-to stay stuck on something that no longer satisfies.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 11:39 by tauk.

Date: May 31, 2015 10:34

^^^
Amen, Tauk! Well said and summed up perfectly in your last sentence thumbs up

Date: May 31, 2015 10:42

video: [www.youtube.com]

Paint It Black (Only 16 seconds)

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: May 31, 2015 10:45

But I want to keep following the Stones even though the setlists are disatisfying. In some way it's facinating to follow them since they are so predictable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 10:45 by TheBlockbuster.

Date: May 31, 2015 10:49

^^^
Fascinated by predictability...how fascinating!!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 31, 2015 10:58

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 31, 2015 11:02

Brstonesfan
This is a very safe but necessary set list for middle America....this is what they want.

That sums up this non-existant Columbus event pretty well... Next show?

Date: May 31, 2015 11:05

The Blockbuster said:
But I want to keep following the Stones even though the setlists are disatisfying. In some way it's facinating to follow them since they are so predictable.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Perhaps it stays fascinating because they are not ever going to actually perform any concert the same exact way twice, regardless of the same setlist?

Maybe watching them LIVE is the fascinating point. I'll bet that's what The Stones assume is why some fans come back repetitively despite the same setlist--it's LIVE, it always has the physical, visceral, somewhat unpredictable aspects.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 11:31 by tauk.

Posted by: Kerry ()
Date: May 31, 2015 11:05

Good quality video for Paint It Black. Only full song on YT at the moment.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: May 31, 2015 11:12

onlystones
I missed a one off song. oh the agony

Don't fret, onlystones - you can still throw wads of cash and a hooker at your contact with a DeLorean

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 31, 2015 11:14

The Stones
JumpinJeppeFlash
100% warhorses,

I wouldn't really call Bitch a warhorsesmiling smiley
I gotta agree though that the San Diego setlist was pretty cool,
but on the other hand, if I'd be a casual fan I'd love the setlist for Columbus as well.

I agree on that. Bitch is a semi-warhorse, i've heard it live five or six times since 2012 so for me it's more of a real warhorse. This was a standard set only, but i guess that's what most fans want.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: May 31, 2015 11:15

Rolling Stones - Hang on Sloopy

[m.youtube.com]

Date: May 31, 2015 11:16

To shawnriffhard1 & Nekkei

Hilarious!!!!

Sometimes I think Mick's English accent (the dropping of "r"s) plus some other slight, minor, hard to define type thing happens in his pronunciation that adds to the difficulty understanding his words when singing.

But actually, ya, it was very frustrating growing up with songs with indecipherable lyrics. My life has been revolutionized by finding Lyrics online.

As a matter of fact, it had somewhat to do with my re-discovering The Stones 5-6 months ago & getting really into them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 01:34 by tauk.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 31, 2015 11:26

Thanks for posting U2Stonesfan. smileys with beer

Date: May 31, 2015 11:30

^^^
Great video!!! I guess I was so flabbergasted hearing it live on Peri that I didn't even notice the crowd chanting O-H-I-O - very cool! Wish it had gone on longer and then segued into Get Off Of My Cloud.

Date: May 31, 2015 11:38

That "Hang On Sloopy" song plus the crowd really being heard loudly with the O-HI-O chant that Mick wasn't expecting--looks like it went over very well--I betcha Ohio residents are gonna look back on this one with fonder memories than what a lot of you might think! You like unique-this is unique! IMHO.

Oh and speaking of mis-heard Lyrics...until these postings tonight I always thought that song was "Hang On SNOOPY"smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 11:49 by tauk.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 31, 2015 11:40

Only just realised crowd chanting O-H-I-O. Shame they didn't play a full version of the song.

Date: May 31, 2015 11:43

LoFL! Brilliant! I love the Rolling Stones

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home